Mechanicum Battle Group & Plastification

Here are the sprues for anybody interested:

Triaros:

Spoiler

EnXgo4l.thumb.jpg.bceebae4d484e234eaa10fe5978a67c1.jpgwA2InW0.thumb.jpg.17c498a8ceff216b2660cd4a8a6dda0b.jpgD0mNuhn.thumb.jpg.30be28cb11fd6d7dba47e6d794fb868d.jpg

Thallax:

Spoiler

OLrVN81.thumb.jpg.1c8a881deb8d72f637dffb6b38d7c4bb.jpg8KNqvVC.thumb.jpg.197cced9a26362b3341d5956d2370814.jpg

Castellax:

Spoiler

5EnN5Rh.thumb.jpg.43cd945ae7b95d4840111c2cf871c755.jpgdvPR6Ol.thumb.jpg.535ff3698ba8965190076eb3e28251a4.jpg

Tech-Thralls:

Spoiler

TqZbui5.thumb.jpg.709533b92abcdab04bf7f7543bec41e0.jpg

Some interesting bits:
The Thallax have 2 sprues with the legs and shoulders on one and the weapons, upper body and jetpacks on the other. Might be for Ursarax as the upper body, weapons and jetpack would be swapped between Ursarax and Thallax while the legs that stay the same are on the other frame.
Same for the Triaros and Karacnos, the first two frames have all the parts that should be the same for both while the third sprue could be swapped between them with a small additional frame for the Karacnos weapons.

For the model numbers, its 3 Thallax and 1 Castellax per sprue set. So single Castellax and three Thallax per box when they release individually is possible.
For the Tech-Thralls its 5 per sprue.

So what special weapons are the Thallax actually getting, Phased Plasma Fusil, Multi-Melta, what's the third on there? Photon Thruster? It's kind of a shame they couldn't fit all five extra options in, but sprue space is a thing.

I see Plasma, melta, irad Cleanser (rad flamer), and Photon thruster (mini lascannon), so the only option that didn't make it was the multi laser, which never had a model and I'm going to be honest I've never seen anyone take even back in 1st/1.5 edition :sweat:

2 hours ago, Xirix said:

Oh, I'm not seeing the fourth weapon there, but okay, that's good. Also yeah I'd agree, if any weapon should be left out it would be the multi-laser. XD

Yeah I also don't see the Irad Cleanser 

For the second Thallax sprue I just thought the 6 legs would be for different poses but its not just 6 legs but also 6 sets of everything else so will likely be one leg sprue and two of the upper body sprues. Which also means (even if unlikely) the second upper body sprue might have different weapons with the Irad Cleanser and Multi Laser

I'm ordering a set of this today with any luck. I'm not looking to start a Mechanicum force as I am using them for my Legion instead but I may throw together a small allied force.  

edit: Nabbed myself a box for £110, unless they bring out a Warhound or Fellblade my Heresy purchases are officially complete for now.

Edited by Doghouse

I was working today so my FLGS sold out before I got a chance to order.:cry:

I did, however, manage to get an order in through another business. More expensive and it needs to be shipped but I got it, it's supporting a small business and it's still cheaper than GW direct. That's a win.

Really liking the colour schemes on Community. Haven't decided what to do yet so there's a lot of food for thought.

31 minutes ago, Redcomet said:

I am on a very tight budget atm, so will wait to see what the previews reveal tomorrow. There seem to be plenty of boxes to find, so fingers crossed

They are a splash release though. Once gone, they're gone.

8 hours ago, 01RTB01 said:

They are a splash release though. Once gone, they're gone.

They've been pretty good at ensuring there's a good stock of these box sets. You can usually find them at a pretty good price a few months down the line. It can make starting a new army, like SA and later mechanicum pretty good price-wise to shop around later.

Now if 3E launches next year and hits as hard or stronger than 2E, they'll evaporate overnight if there's any remaining then.

That's part of SDS's strategy imo for most of their games right now (30k, Legions Imperialis and Old World), getting the supply and logistics out right now, and then coming out stronger when there's a range to actually buy with any hype at the release.

2 hours ago, Marshal Rohr said:

Those sprues are great, gives me a lot of hope for new units and expansions. 

You can just tell that whoever is in charge of 30k knows what they're doing with their sprues and how they fit together with upgrades. Makes me wish they'd adapt that approach for other systems where it makes sense for the army.

16 hours ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

They've been pretty good at ensuring there's a good stock of these box sets. You can usually find them at a pretty good price a few months down the line. It can make starting a new army, like SA and later mechanicum pretty good price-wise to shop around later.

Now if 3E launches next year and hits as hard or stronger than 2E, they'll evaporate overnight if there's any remaining then.

That's part of SDS's strategy imo for most of their games right now (30k, Legions Imperialis and Old World), getting the supply and logistics out right now, and then coming out stronger when there's a range to actually buy with any hype at the release.

Honestly it makes me scratch my head that they don’t do this in 40k too more often. It is a very efficient use of sprues. 

17 hours ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

Agreed. I personally expect this box to be around for a while. Months after release both the MKIII Battle Group box and the Solar Auxillia box are still in stock at all the hobby stores I frequent, both in person and online (as well as on the GW website last I checked). And I feel like if anything, this box is more niche for the general GW audience. Less direct application for 40K counts-as stuff compared to the tanks and infantry available in the other boxes.

9 minutes ago, LightningClawLeonard said:

Agreed. I personally expect this box to be around for a while. Months after release both the MKIII Battle Group box and the Solar Auxillia box are still in stock at all the hobby stores I frequent, both in person and online (as well as on the GW website last I checked). And I feel like if anything, this box is more niche for the general GW audience. Less direct application for 40K counts-as stuff compared to the tanks and infantry available in the other boxes.

The initial shipment of Mechanicum box's seems to be selling out at local stores. It's still available on GW's site, but I wouldn't expect this battlegroup to last as long as the previous few. I'm surprised how well it is selling, given the oddity of the unit mix with this release. No plastic HQ available currently and a transport with limited uses. 

Looks like it has sold well in Australia. Sold out in all the 3rd part websites I've seen and much faster than the Solar Auxilia box.

That's by no means definitive. There are probably some around in smaller FLGS but I know mine sold out in hours where the Solar Auxilia lasted a couple of weeks.

Who knows - maybe they didn't make as many or maybe Aussies just love robits.

1 hour ago, Schrödingers Primarch said:

The initial shipment of Mechanicum box's seems to be selling out at local stores. It's still available on GW's site, but I wouldn't expect this battlegroup to last as long as the previous few. I'm surprised how well it is selling, given the oddity of the unit mix with this release. No plastic HQ available currently and a transport with limited uses. 

I think for a lot of people they're starting from scratch, so 'bundle of discounted Mechanicum plastics' when they don't have anything already is an easy sell. The entire box costing what a resin Triaros did probably helps. 

Online I've seen a lot of AdMech players wanting it for proxies, which probably helped drive sales further. 

1 hour ago, Xirix said:

Looted Thallax would make for some fancy Meganobs.

I'm aiming for kans but I'll see how big they are when they arrive.

However, meganobz as an alternative is a really good shout thank you!

I've got a super old ork that went with an old RT robork and that'll be a runtherd along with another mek so that when I give the grunts shields with targets on I can run them as grots.

I've still got a load of the 40k bots from when I looted some before so I'll be going full looted dread mob. 

Edited by 01RTB01

You see an awful lot of these boxes on the secondary market too, a lot of their initial sales are pure FOMO and then folks wanting a newer fomo box down the line sell them on to fund the habit :D 

42 minutes ago, Nephaston said:

that sprue is doubled up; one sprue per track assembly.

Oh yeah, I see now. I assumed the body was the inside track piece, but it has no runners.

Cheers for the clarification