Heroes of Beta-Garmon joins Horus Heresy and Legions Imperialis, next week

27 minutes ago, Marshal Loss said:

Surprisingly also from the article, which hasn't seemed to have attracted much attention:

Making a guess right now that it's Build-Your-Own-Knights-Errant making a return now that Blackshields and Shattered Legions are out.

Great to see the LI planes coming back. Auto buy.

I'm hoping they have made the contents of the battle force boxes available as individual smaller boxes.

Savings aside, I only need the SM Infantry and Support units now.

1 hour ago, Interrogator Stobz said:

Great to see the LI planes coming back. Auto buy.

I'm hoping they have made the contents of the battle force boxes available as individual smaller boxes.

Savings aside, I only need the SM Infantry and Support units now.

The Battleforce boxes are listed as "while supplies last", which makes me suspect they're more promotional or "late comer incentive" products.

Xiphons are 6 to a box aren’t they? And the other two SM fliers are 2 to a box? If so 1 box of each plus a box of predators will do me. 

3 hours ago, Arendious said:

The Battleforce boxes are listed as "while supplies last", which makes me suspect they're more promotional or "late comer incentive" products.

So there will be 1-2 for each flgs. At most

50 minutes ago, Burni said:

Xiphons are 6 to a box aren’t they? And the other two SM fliers are 2 to a box? If so 1 box of each plus a box of predators will do me. 

Yes to both counts on fliers, 6 Xiphons and 2 Storm Eagles per box.

The new Legions boxes are a pretty good deal - is that £105 the RRP? If so with store discount, that will probably be around the £85-90 mark, which is good for what amounts to 4 boxes.

Huh FLGS said that they'd be getting the flyer and knight boxes as well! Totally expected those to be direct only tbh

RRP for the discount boxes in euros is 145. So should be around the 115-125 euro mark with FLGS discounts. 

33 minutes ago, Interrogator Stobz said:

The normal boxes just went up 7.4% here in NZ. From $94 to $101.

Ouch to an already stressed game system. 

Hopefully the big boxes will have a decent discount...

RRP of all the stuff included (in euros as that's my local) should be around 205 with the raised prices in euros, RRP for the boxes is 145. So all in all you get around a set and a half free. Not too shabby. 

Edited by Matcap86

1 hour ago, Dark Shepherd said:

Minor quibble but feels like the LI boxes should have had more infantry

Thats what i was thinking myself, it looks more like a grab bag of units than an actual, like, army? Its still a handy thing for a generalist to base an army from and the discount is solid, but the theming is a bit weak, i guess they assume youll have the core box forces to add too?

On 6/9/2024 at 11:58 PM, Lord Marshal said:

Making a guess right now that it's Build-Your-Own-Knights-Errant making a return now that Blackshields and Shattered Legions are out.

I have a suspicion it's mechanicus related as a pre amble to their launch box or a generic marine unit that makes use of the as to be seen melee weapon sprue.

One interesting thing there for Legions is the mkIII command squad - firstly I wonder if that means a 'standard' mkIII box is coming of infantry. Also, I wonder what else will be on that sprue to make it up to the £30 standard box?

20 minutes ago, Pacific81 said:

One interesting thing there for Legions is the mkIII command squad - firstly I wonder if that means a 'standard' mkIII box is coming of infantry. Also, I wonder what else will be on that sprue to make it up to the £30 standard box?

The command squad is for 32mm regular scale Horus Heresy. They're putting out both mk VI and mk III combo boxes out with the new command squad sprue.

7 hours ago, Mr Farson said:

I have a suspicion it's mechanicus related as a pre amble to their launch box or a generic marine unit that makes use of the as to be seen melee weapon sprue.

In light of the delay to the plastic melee weapons release, the team has chosen to release an exemplary battle featuring rules for close combat marines without melee weapons: a fisticuffs expansion for 30k. A new and exciting era beckons.

Edited by Marshal Loss

9 hours ago, Noserenda said:

Thats what i was thinking myself, it looks more like a grab bag of units than an actual, like, army? Its still a handy thing for a generalist to base an army from and the discount is solid, but the theming is a bit weak, i guess they assume youll have the core box forces to add too?

Oh, I don't know. They both look like rather nice additions to the Core box forces to me – you can make a lovely 2,000pt army with the Solar Auxilia one, alongside the stuff in the core box for example.

Even if you don't have that, I think this is a nice 'meat and potatoes' selection to start an army, allowing you to expand it in the way you'd like.

Are we still on two week pre-orders? Or has the warehouse shutdown allowed them to go back to one week?

Scanned the WHC article but couldn’t see a release date. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/06/14/this-night-lords-command-squad-will-impress-and-terrify-you-in-equal-measure/

Here GW has done up the command squad in Night Lord colours. Doesnt feel very nightlordy to me. 

The cheek guards make this helmet look quite roman, especially with the crest. Might suit Ultramarines as a result- a bit like this artwork

How were the Ultramarines originally realised? What was their main theme  before they became the Everyman Legion? - Quora

15 minutes ago, grailkeeper said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/06/14/this-night-lords-command-squad-will-impress-and-terrify-you-in-equal-measure/

Here GW has done up the command squad in Night Lord colours. Doesnt feel very nightlordy to me. 

The cheek guards make this helmet look quite roman, especially with the crest. Might suit Ultramarines as a result- a bit like this artwork

How were the Ultramarines originally realised? What was their main theme  before they became the Everyman Legion? - Quora

At least the title of the article was a fair description, I was both impressed and terrified to the equal measure of zero….

This game sorely needs an FAQ and a balance pass….