CSM 10th edition Unit of the week: Sorcerer

CSMBANNER4.jpg.d771c7720e3d4946668bddad951862ca.jpg

CSM 10th edition Sorcerer

This is a topic about Sorcerer in the 10th edition.

• Do you use them?
  • How are you using them?
  • Do you think they perform well?
  • How do you equip them?
  • Do you attach them to any specific unit?
  • Is there a detachment that they are extra crucial?
  • Any Enhancements that you like to use with them?

Other Unit of the Week for Chaos Space Marines can be found in the link below.

Chaos Space Marine Unit of the Week Links

I've always thought it odd that the CSM Sorcerer can't lead Rubrics when you soup a unit in.

Just seems like an expected combination that's lacking.

Likewise for a Master of Executions not being able to lead souped Berserkers.

Regardless, the model looks nice for a monopose, especially the backpack (I think it's the only currently produced model that still uses the old "Sorcerer Dragon Backpack" design) and the little magic sigil they're conjuring.

The sorcerer is really good in foot legionaires, giving them protection both before and in melee. 

The question is more whether one wants foot legionaires, which is probably no unless one is short on rhinos.  The protection it offers to mounted squads is still good, but not as necessary - and most players will likely opt to make the squad punchier with a different character rather than more resilient.

Still, I really like them this edition - they fill a role really no other character we have does, and it does it pretty well.

For me, they fill a different role to protection (and that's not just because I always forget that they give a -1 to hit :biggrin:) in that they're actually really good shooting characters. Mounted up in a rhino with a 5 man squad with something like a Lascannon or a Missile Launcher, they actually throw out a good amount of shooting. This way any hazard tests are taken on the Rhino and can keep the relatively squishy sorcerer alive.

His combat attacks always seem to hit hard too but I think that's mostly an anomoly :sweat: