Mazer Rackham Posted August 12 Share Posted August 12 Firstly, why are you naked, and secondly, why are you holding a pair of my boxers? Xin Ceithan 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/386463-side-table-talk-general-discussion-and-ideas-thread/page/6/#findComment-6182644 Share on other sites More sharing options...
FabiusV4lcoran Posted August 14 Share Posted August 14 Are we not *Chaos* cultists? Xin Ceithan 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/386463-side-table-talk-general-discussion-and-ideas-thread/page/6/#findComment-6182768 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mazer Rackham Posted August 17 Share Posted August 17 On 8/14/2026 at 4:01 AM, FabiusV4lcoran said: Are we not *Chaos* cultists? It does prove satisfying when the heretic puts his own head into the noose. *Meaningfully reaches for his bolt pistol* FabiusV4lcoran 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/386463-side-table-talk-general-discussion-and-ideas-thread/page/6/#findComment-6182982 Share on other sites More sharing options...
FabiusV4lcoran Posted August 19 Share Posted August 19 *vanishes in a puff of smoke, as another Guardsman speaks up* "Oh wait, there he is, doing a runner." *slides the bolt back, home, and takes aim* Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/386463-side-table-talk-general-discussion-and-ideas-thread/page/6/#findComment-6183065 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Karack Blackstone Posted Sunday at 06:12 PM Share Posted Sunday at 06:12 PM *Notes the charging handle activating Guardsman, nods, raises bolter, and chambers a round.* "So, I'm somewhat new here, and was going to raise a question. How do people feel about playing a variant Guardsman Regiment wherein things are a bit more ... unusual? Basically, Advances are a bit more difficult to come up with, as I have yet to flesh out a properly made starting Guardsman from said Regiment. Once done, I can come back if there's interest, and share how much, or much more likely, how little, room there is for customization." *Levels bolter at the fleeing cultist, and takes aim. Once properly led, the bolter barks twice, rapid firing to make sure the lead given also includes the likely hood of a juke, or at least, the attempt at one.* "Cultists run, gotta love it." Xin Ceithan 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/386463-side-table-talk-general-discussion-and-ideas-thread/page/6/#findComment-6189319 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mazer Rackham Posted Sunday at 06:26 PM Share Posted Sunday at 06:26 PM 11 minutes ago, Karack Blackstone said: *Notes the charging handle activating Guardsman, nods, raises bolter, and chambers a round.* "So, I'm somewhat new here, and was going to raise a question. How do people feel about playing a variant Guardsman Regiment wherein things are a bit more ... unusual? Basically, Advances are a bit more difficult to come up with, as I have yet to flesh out a properly made starting Guardsman from said Regiment. Once done, I can come back if there's interest, and share how much, or much more likely, how little, room there is for customization." *Levels bolter at the fleeing cultist, and takes aim. Once properly led, the bolter barks twice, rapid firing to make sure the lead given also includes the likely hood of a juke, or at least, the attempt at one.* "Cultists run, gotta love it." 'Well, that escalated quickly.' - Warmaster Gruffian 'Kill 'Em All' McMurderknife. What kind of things did you have in mind? Is it in relation to that sector you were creating a short while back? Might help get the juices flowing to sling some idea-bait? Xin Ceithan 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/386463-side-table-talk-general-discussion-and-ideas-thread/page/6/#findComment-6189320 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Karack Blackstone Posted Sunday at 06:41 PM Share Posted Sunday at 06:41 PM "So, here's the quick gist." The Regiment in question, is from Terra. An old pattern Regiment, as it were. There is a sector on the official map that has this Regiment as a set of worlds, where they're mainly based out of. Or at least, as some would say, my take on it. This is a Variant Regiment, which I have the Rules for thus far. Individual XP per rank goes up in 1,500 XP units, or jumps. A fresh outta Boot Guardsman is 1,500, a weapon specialist, of which there are two, one with a Special Ranged weapon of one type, and a second, with the squad's multi-lasgun, of the Regiment's custom pattern lasgun, built to spec for their needs. There's also other changes, such that they're like the Kriegers, and have their own variant Leman Russes, Chimera's, Rogal Dorns, and Baneblades, Which I'm going to call Baneswords for now, as I think that was the only name left out? Once I get the various other parts of this massive machine fleshed out, I am going to ask herein, at least amongst the PBPosters what they think of maybe trying a game? Things to do: - Flesh out and finalize the XP per 1,500 advance, so that I can tell how much is free for customization, and know the 'Here's what you get, and what you have free to spend gist.' - Write up the variant OW versions of all of the changes made, so that I can note the variant vehicles, and various roles of the individual Guardsmen within this Regiment - Thus, allowing advances to be made possible such that someone can choose what path that they take up the chain of command, and transition through each 1,500 advance set, receiving the intended to be fixed stuff, along with the free xp to spend on upgrades of their choice. It's going to be a great deal of work, however, it's also an adaptation of a force that I love, and it's fun to think about for me at least. I'm still uncertain as to how it will play, however, there should be some fun to be had as I recall that there should be some chances to buy personal picks as the Guardsman OC advances, even in the face of somewhat strict to rather strict advances by the Regiment, leaving some room for customization. Thoughts, feedback, criticism, and constructive critiques welcome. Trokair, Xin Ceithan and Mazer Rackham 3 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/386463-side-table-talk-general-discussion-and-ideas-thread/page/6/#findComment-6189325 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Trokair Posted Sunday at 06:45 PM Share Posted Sunday at 06:45 PM 26 minutes ago, Karack Blackstone said: "So, I'm somewhat new here, and was going to raise a question. How do people feel about playing a variant Guardsman Regiment wherein things are a bit more ... unusual? Basically, Advances are a bit more difficult to come up with, as I have yet to flesh out a properly made starting Guardsman from said Regiment. Once done, I can come back if there's interest, and share how much, or much more likely, how little, room there is for customization." Define unusual. The 40k galaxy is a big big place and what might be standard on say, Cadia, or Fenris, will be worlds away from what things are like somewhere else. One guardsmen normal is exotic to another and visa versa. I can’t remember which Codex/White Dwarf it was in but there was a quote that the Adeptus Munitorum had to ask the Adeptus Mechanicum to make a Lasgun that make a conventional bullet shooting noise when the fired as regiments raised on less advance world needed the sound reassurance that their weapons worked compared to the normal laser sounds. Mazer Rackham and Xin Ceithan 1 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/386463-side-table-talk-general-discussion-and-ideas-thread/page/6/#findComment-6189326 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Karack Blackstone Posted Sunday at 06:48 PM Share Posted Sunday at 06:48 PM Better and more disciplined than the Mordian Iron Guard. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/386463-side-table-talk-general-discussion-and-ideas-thread/page/6/#findComment-6189327 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Trokair Posted Sunday at 07:00 PM Share Posted Sunday at 07:00 PM 7 minutes ago, Karack Blackstone said: Better and more disciplined than the Mordian Iron Guard. So old style Storm Troopers? 13 minutes ago, Karack Blackstone said: There's also other changes, such that they're like the Kriegers, and have their own variant Leman Russes, Chimera's, Rogal Dorns, and Baneblades, Which I'm going to call Baneswords for now, as I think that was the only name left out? I don’t know if modern lore still has it but in older lore there were lots of regional variants of STC produced stuff like vehicles and weapons depending on local resources and needs. So their own variant of standard chassis tanks is well within the realm of possibility I would say. 13 minutes ago, Karack Blackstone said: Once I get the various other parts of this massive machine fleshed out, I am going to ask herein, at least amongst the PBPosters what they think of maybe trying a game? As long as I have time at the time then I am game. Mazer Rackham and Xin Ceithan 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/386463-side-table-talk-general-discussion-and-ideas-thread/page/6/#findComment-6189330 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Karack Blackstone Posted Sunday at 07:28 PM Share Posted Sunday at 07:28 PM I will get into the nitty gritty in time. This Regiment has been a labor of love for years, now I just need to finalize characterization. Xin Ceithan and Mazer Rackham 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/386463-side-table-talk-general-discussion-and-ideas-thread/page/6/#findComment-6189336 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts