Jump to content

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, roryokane said:

Pretty sure the old cataphractii are now gone from the web store, along with their resin special weapon kit (the one with the reaper autocannon etc).

 

Ah that's sad times.

 

As a true Ultramarine though, I anticipated such a move and bought an extra couple boxes of the blighters. You know, just in case.

On 12/10/2025 at 9:13 PM, Captain Idaho said:

 

Ah that's sad times.

 

As a true Ultramarine though, I anticipated such a move and bought an extra couple boxes of the blighters. You know, just in case.

Ditto - Element games still had a few in stock.

I like the set, although I’m not keen on the squads of 3/6. I see no reason to switch, when we are talking about well-established Great Crusade/Heresy force organisation. If I were to pick this up, I’d be making 2 squads of 5 and converting the other 2 into characters.

Oh nice, the tassets being individual will help bulking up the wait a bit, while the shoulder assembly makes it look to be used interchangeable between these and a presumable new tartaros sculpt.

The individual thumb to be glued is diabolical though.

pics of the sprues are about too. 

 

The kit has full arms with volkites attached AND full arms with combi bolters attached. 

Arms with melee weapons attached are duplicated except the sergeant whos arm / hands are separate. Its a mess tbh. 

 

Edit - added pics and breacher sprue 

IMG_4665.jpg

IMG_4666.jpg

IMG_4667.jpg

IMG_4670~2.jpg

Edited by sarabando

Breacher sprue looks delectable, definitely a nice clean upgrade sprue for separate sale later. 

 

The Cataphractii looks ok but the overhanging vambraces into the weapons is going to make conversions a pain (again). First glance they do look a lot more poseable than their antecedents. The torso looks like it's 3 bits front/back and stomach, so at the very least them being twisting/leaning should be a bit easier than previously and I know there's pushback about the lack of bulk, but it'll make posing a bit better. Weapon options look decent too, at least aesthetically. 

55 minutes ago, sarabando said:

i cant even see it on the sprue so there may be another sprue too/ 

 

Just above the chainfist attachment you've got parts 80 and 81.

 

Interesting that the weapons are moulded to the arms (then again, I've not really been actively hobbying since 5th ed so maybe it's the norm), means that any additional weapons sets are going to be full arms. And I hope they come soon.

50/50 on these at the moment. Mildly annoyed at the moulded arms (although there's free hands to work with at least?), however I deeply appreciate the change to the head connection. That'll make swapping in legion-specific helmets a lot nicer.

 

I do think the posing seems better overall, though - and that quasi-ball connection on the waist is going to be interesting to work with.

One thing I noticed; the volkite sprue includes a chainfist bit but no powerfist to glue it to. This and each sprue only having one of the two standard heavy weapons makes me think the six bodies and the two weapon sprues are not meant to be separate. NBow to wait and see if warcom merely goofed on that or if they made it difficult to get an autocannon going with you combi-bolters.

At least it is only one separate thumb, for the unclenched power fist option; there are five clenched power fists on the sprue so it appears you can forgo the separate thumb option completely if you so choose. 

1 hour ago, SalamandersBro said:

 

I often ask myself when putting things together  "is that really necessary GW?" This will be added to that list.

Nothing will ever beat the separate missile launchers on the LI Sabres. They make the LI Rhino exhausts seem trivial.

 

Edit: Actually the bolter on the top of the LI Vindicator's are pretty awful too - might be the smallest part ever.

Edited by Burni

Does anyone think the old cataphractii chests might fit on the new bodies? I don't like the way the neckguard and chest look in the new ones, but I'm holdign out for the ideia that I migth be able to swap a few chests with some of the older ones.

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.