Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The SUPER important difference between this damage table and previous iterations is that you only roll on this table once a vehicle loses its last wound... So unlike previous and IMHO horribly flawed implementations of the vehicle damage table, you can't use this to one shot kill a vehicle or keep a vehicle combat ineffective for an entire game.

Yeah I like that change, and if you hit it with multiple hits after that the damage table roll gets bonuses making that 6 a more likely occurrence.

 

I can't imagine these rules are showing up in 11th, but I'd honestly be okay with these types of tables coming over.

1 hour ago, Lord Marshal said:

Armoured Gauntlet rules preview. Amusing to see the return of Vehicle Damage Tables to 40k, albeit in a spin-off game mode.

 


Am I right in thinking previous ‘end-of-edition’ expansions have effectively been playtest/previews of the next edition?

I wish the new Space Marine detachments were:


A.) less niche
b.) inspired joy
c.) did something beyond the usual effects.

I might come back to it if Rhinos can transport Primaris in 11th. Right now, you have to assemble and paint a :cuss: ton of Impulsors/Repulsors and that does not inspire joy.

1 minute ago, SvenIronhand said:

A.) less niche
b.) inspired joy
c.) did something beyond the usual effects.

Legit, yea me too. None of them actually compete with the detachments I've been using mainly, but I keep reminding myself that in 11th any detachment might be only one of 2 or 3 benefits you can stack in a list. Not much of an excuse to be fair, and it'll be interesting to see what happens to them all in the actual 11th Codex...

 

All told I'm glad they're at least putting all these variant detachments out there for for free in addition to in the campaign books. I might try a Tank Aces list before the end of the edition just for lulz. I've never personally splurged on the edition-end splash books, but presumably they still make money.

 

Cheers,

 

The Good Doctor.

28 minutes ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

Armageddon has apparently fallen, or on the verge of falling, until the space marines arrive and save the day.

 

per valrak’s dramatic reading of the lore bit at the end of the last book.

 

Considering there were already a crap ton of Astartes forces in Armageddon I honestly hope that what answered the call wasn't just more Blood Angels but the Legion of the Damned because I'd love to see new models.

Oh, definetly some interesting stuff here.

 

"Transports, Monsters, and non-Transport Vehicles all get their own tables with different effects."

 

That's cool, they aren't making Monsters and Vehicles share the same table. Really, if Tank Shock remains in 11th, they really need to give Monsters some sort of equivelant. And Transports getting their own table sounds very interesting, I presume a lot of those table effects would negatively effect the troops inside. More chance for the troops not to get blown up, but maybe suffer other side effects?

 

"Factions can also have their own tables for specific unit types, to better reflect the unique troubles they might encounter as damage mounts, and also add units not covered by the conditions above to their SPEARHEAD roster. Astra Militarum Tank Commanders can be injured and only issue one Order per turn, Drukhari Pain Engines might suffer damage to their stimulant injectors and lose their Feel No Pain ability, while T’au Empire Broadside Battlesuits suffering from a destroyed weapon will have to divert all their power to keeping a single gun online."

 

Again, I really like this, especially as a T'au player, since it means they can give unique stuff to the battlesuits in particular.

 

"With so many Vehicles and Monsters around, some of them will invariably be veterans of their craft with more skills and experience than the average tanker. Accordingly, you can pick a number of SPEARHEAD units** at the start of the battle to receive a Spearhead upgrade, with each faction getting three options.

 

Space Marine Dreadnoughts can be upgraded into Venerable Ancients, forcing their targets to roll an extra dice on the damage table and accept the more lethal result. Orks can get a Kustom Mek Job, which applies a random boost to speed, durability, or strength at the start of the battle, while the Genestealer Cults can fit their Goliaths with Unstable Explosives to maximise the carnage their Deadly Demise ability causes.

 

** The number of Spearhead Requisition points you get to spend is determined by the total points cost of all your SPEARHEAD units."

 

So basically, Vehicle/Monster exclusive enhancements, spent with Requisition points instead of regular points, the more you get the larger your army. Honestly, all of this sounds great, and whilst this is its own mode, I also don't really see why all of this couldn't basically be ported to regular 40K in 11th. 

 

3 hours ago, DemonGSides said:

I can't imagine these rules are showing up in 11th, but I'd honestly be okay with these types of tables coming over.

 

2 hours ago, Mechanicus Tech-Support said:

We may see more ported over than normal since 11th seems to be building on 10th. Unlike the jump from 9th to 10th in which they tossed out the baby with the bath water rules wise.

 

Well, that's the question isn't it? Considering that 11th is just an iteration of 10th, and the fact that they've stated these campaign books will still be usable in 11th, it seems like the obvious thing to do would be to port all this stuff over into the 11th edition codecies. Especially if the rumours that Crusade is getting binned is true, because as much as I don't want that to happen, I certainly hope GW tries to at least make it up to players by filling in the content void with something. Crucible of Champions and Armoured Gauntlet are great ways to hype players up into buying more blister packs and big centerpiece models by giving them more importance. It definetly seems weird to have writers go to all the effort of writing up all this stuff for Crucible of Champions and Armoured Gauntlet, and then just lock it behind limited run campaign books, never to be used again. But then, y'know, GW makes a lot of odd decisions.

 

Guess only time will tell. As it stands right now, I would be far more hyped for 11th edition if GW announced Crucible of Champions and Armoured Gauntlet were things that would become standard in 11th edition codecies. I want more options, more stuff to play with. The new detachment system helps scratch that itch a little, but I really want to be able to make an army feel like my own.

 

I'll be buying this book set and definetly plan to use this supplement in the future.

Those Yarrick dice flew off the shelves, not surprising, they look gorgeous. But a shame GW didn't make a bit more of them.

 

I was able to at least order the book set. Goonhammer's review of Armoured Gauntlet is very positive, this sounds like something I will try to incorporate into my next 40K games as soon as possible.

 

https://www.goonhammer.com/tabletop-battles-reviews-armageddon-the-return-of-yarrick-armoured-gauntlet

That does seem odd unless GW have seriously altered the conversion rate they use from GBP to USD. The Yarrick miniature is only £29.50 in the UK (which is still a lot for a single figure character, but I suppose GW reckon you'll only ever need one of him compared to other generic options).

 

That is unless you're talking about the book set? I could see that being $100 as its £50+ here

4 hours ago, ZeroWolf said:

That does seem odd unless GW have seriously altered the conversion rate they use from GBP to USD. The Yarrick miniature is only £29.50 in the UK (which is still a lot for a single figure character, but I suppose GW reckon you'll only ever need one of him compared to other generic options).

 

That is unless you're talking about the book set? I could see that being $100 as its £50+ here

I haven’t checked for myself just saw a screenshot so could have been photoshopped.

 

edit

yeah seems I got bamboozled

 

$48

Edited by Inquisitor_Lensoven
On 4/23/2026 at 3:47 PM, Silvereyes said:

Considering that 11th is just an iteration of 10th, and the fact that they've stated these campaign books will still be usable in 11th, it seems like the obvious thing to do would be to port all this stuff over into the 11th edition codecies. Especially if the rumours that Crusade is getting binned is true, because as much as I don't want that to happen, I certainly hope GW tries to at least make it up to players by filling in the content void with something. Crucible of Champions and Armoured Gauntlet are great ways to hype players up into buying more blister packs and big centerpiece models by giving them more importance.

 

That is exactly my fear. I like Crucible; I think I'd like Armoured Gaunlet. But neither can replace the amazing Drukharimunda rules, or the fabulous GSC rebellion, Tau assimilation, Tyranid devouring or Sororitas sin and Repentence rules that Crusade gave us.

 

The lack of respect GW showed for KT21's progression system does not fill me with confidence. Hopefully tomorrow's reveal tells us one way or another the fate of Crusade.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.