Fluff Competition

goggen

I don't think any of the 11000 members will even bother to start calculating to just answer a fluffquiz answer. -_-

this is simply ridiculous.

You said you had an entire page of calculations before you. I have answered all the CSQ's from Aurelius and attempted quisses of over 60 questions regarding WH40K, what you ask me to do is use science, mathematrics and modern days weaponary instead of the good old books.

Well....no

I'm on the officer's side here

Ok, ok, maybe that question was a tad unreasonable. Right...

Drachenfels is a Lunar class cruiser.

3000m long, 500m high (excluding conn tower), 300m wide

1km enginarium, 100m ramming prow.

if half of remaining 1900m is given over to lances, then 950m is weapons batteries.

assume each deck is 3m high (including thickness of deck plating).

to prevent recoil stress from ripping ship apart then at least 1 deck spacing between gundecks.

eack gundeck is 3 decks high (1 opticon, 2 space for gun)

therefore, each from gundeck floor to next gundeck floor=15m

so max gundecks=(500-50)<allow 50m for maneouvring thrusters, defence turrets etc>/15

=450/15=30 gundecks

40 gunbays per deck, so max (30x40)=1200 gunbays

each gunbay is 20m wide, 12m high and 30m deep

each gunbay has 1 gun, 5m height, 7m width<inc. recoil dampers& traverse equipment>, 20m length <but in battle only 6.5m in bay>

ergo, breach diameter 3m, and likely shell length of 5m

volume of shell: PIrrh=35.34cubic meters.

warhead volume[assuming 1/3 volume is propellant and detonators]=23.56 cubic meters

if 1 tonne of explosives takes up 0.7 cubic meter, then shell has 33.66 tonnes of explosive force.

1 salvo is therefore approx 40.392 kilotonnes of explosives.

Replacement question:

What is the name of the inquisitor who first postulated the existence of daemons?

and FYI everyone, I devised the first question to challenge the google fans

I am afraid that the google fans can't be defeated by this kind of questions,.............hmm, in fact these kind of questions can, but they defeat everybody.

Google is a kind of problem that doesn't fool the quizmaster, but the attendants themselves. This is a thing i learnt from Aurelius rex.

I just know many of the answers here are rip offs from the internet, makes me sad, but does it make the thread bad? noo, i still learn every day thx to this thread

Google is a kind of problem that doesn't fool the quizmaster, but the attendants themselves. This is a thing i learnt from Aurelius rex.

Heh! Cheers Stef. :D I am like Mr Miyagi (sp?) or Yoda or something! Only without being a two foot tall unconvincing green hand-puppet. Probably.

I am quietly saving all my good fluff questions for when the Chapter Specific quizzes (CSQ's) and general fluff quizzes come back out of hibernation in the Autumn, where anyone found to be using Google will be tutted at in a disappointed tone. I am not a mod and so can't get my hands on a melta weapon, so a stern look will have to do. :(

So this thread serves a valuable service to keep those fluff muscles toned until then, and I believe that Stef will be the next general fluff Quizmaster, followed by me. -_-

It's okay, Rex. The other non-teacher side of Yoda though is the badass little green guy that flies around smacking w/ a tiny saber and teaches on the side. Take that approach.

I agree with Rex and Stef (having been on the receiving end of Stef before) and I find Google to be an easy way out - which is why I haven't tried to answer the last 30 or 40 questions. I prefer to stick to the stuff I have in the print and use that. Dishonoring the Machine God is abhorrent and wrong.

Perhaps we should get back on topic and answer Alasseo's question?

Well, when I say 'we', I actually mean you guys. I definately don't know the answer.

Wow Alasseo, another question that got everybody dumstruck. -_-

Inquisitor Dasmasko? (sp)

I was reading an article from Gav Thorpe a few weeks back that mentioned this guy - not sure if it's right, but I seem to remember him talking about non-physical servants of the chaos gods

Colonel Tamus Sirhan, of the Cadian 124, commander of the Leman russ battle tank Anvilus Imperator won the Order of Macharius following his actions at Vrodken Ford in the draxian campaign, where he lead an attack against a chaos battle titan, firing point blank into its void sheilds with the Battle cannon caused a chain reaction collapse of the titan upon sirhans tank killing him the award was posthomously awarded.

Colonel Tamus Sirhan, of the Cadian 124, commander of the Leman russ battle tank Anvilus Imperator won the Order of Macharius following his actions at Vrodken Ford in the draxian campaign, where he lead an attack against a chaos battle titan, firing point blank into its void sheilds with the Battle cannon caused a chain reaction collapse of the titan upon sirhans tank killing him the award was posthomously awarded

Correct.

Azrael = Weasel-Fierce. Simple for those who memorised Names of Deathwing.

Oh, and as I'll be here again after like three days, my question is:

What is Suitheakion-Eliath, part of which race's folklore it is and who is needed to perform it?

It's complex, but don't worry, it's quite only an average difficulty.

Archived