Aegyptus Astartes

HellChyld

hey Tuth,

I translated your name into hieroglyphs i thought you might have a use for this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/warlord_gorbad/Tuth.jpg

If anyone wants their id or the name of their chapter translated into hieroglyphs let me know.

Just something i thought you'd all like to know, if your using hieroglyphs on your banners, your banner should go vertically instead of horizontally as thats how egyptian banners were and also it looks so much cooler.

Keep up the good work everyone.

pretty neat bloodwraith and your banner looks good. I've been mucking around with mine and its pants but hopefully i will make a better one....when i can be bothered that is :lol:

IL: if you want i can make you a banner like mine, i even used the 40k font to do the writing. My banner has the name of my chapter translated into hieroglyphs in the background. Actually i like your banner mate, it looks pretty sweet. :lol:

Good to see you're all getting into the project with your avatars and banners, but this is a fluff/rules forum, so let's stick to that and take the artwork side of things either to the PCA or onto PM or your email discussion group...

Keep up the work though, this is building into quite a collection of chapters. :lol:

RT

As Zula worked his way through the chaos cruiser he felt the taint of the ship snapping at him. His role as a librarian made him far more susceptible than any of his brethren. Then he heard it in the back of his head. A voice a low commanding voice leading him onward then he heard the bolter fire from up ahead. He ran forward his squad following behind him into the vast arena in the center of the chaos cruiser. As big as some administratum buildings on nearby planets this hall was an honor to the paganism that was chaos. As of now though it was merely ruins for the Wings of Thoth had started to carry out their justice.

Chaplain Demu's words now resonated louder. Zula let himself a small laugh as he realized that voice was that of his long time friend and chaplain. Demu had been with Zula at the "Battle of Schism". He had watched Demu stand face to face with the dark apostle that had been responsible for turning the Changer of Set to chaos. There leader did not go with them for Demu and his tac squad the "The Cry of Faith". They in a motion of tactical fright pulled forth their chainsword and hacked the unsuspecting dark apostle apart before he could call for help. Today that squad was bogged down with a unit of Berzerkers.

The combat was savage and brutal but over the screams and shouts of violence and rage he could be heard. "FIGHT ON CRUSH THEM WE ARE NOT THE GIVERS OF TRUTH!!! WE ARE THE TRUTH FOR WE STAND IN THE EMPEROR'S LIGHT!" As his words ended his poweraxe came crashing through the body of the berzerker in front of him. The body slumped spraying the chaplain in blood. His black and white armor now covered in the smatter of chaos blood. This site caused him to laugh with a jarring sound that drove his men on and briefly startled the black legionnaires in the chamber. In the moment of his deep thought, he had stood still. When he looked his unit were blasting their way through the legionnaires, soon though his mind would be shaken.

He heard the scream then turned. His eyes came upon the site of Laka and dikima as they were cut down by a squad of terminators who had exited from a side alcove. As he looked past them stunned he saw the shaped of another terminator his body surrounded by a strange aura. Zula screamed charging towards the shape. He jerked to a stop and with a growl unleashed a terrifying storm of energy upon the unit of chaos terminators. As they stood stunned he charged through them down a dark corridor. All around him faces looked upon and screamed names of those he killed and those he never bothered to save. They slashed at him with talons and blades. He felt the blades cutting in to him. These were mental strikes from chaos trying to turn him away from his mission. To turn him away from what he had seen. To let their dark master escape in silence. He braced his mind against and put himself in the light of the emperor. His eyes sparked with energy and he swung slamming the thunder hammer into the wall. the spot shattered with a mighty crack as the energy swirled screaming,

nah thats not nitpicking cause I know it too. I just couldn't get it to flow so I posted it was going to go back and work on that section. Thats what I get for writing this up at 1 in morning....lazyiness. anywho yeah this is a librarian from my wings of thoth chapter. Giving him some history so when i make him I'll have some really meaty background to focus in on it.

Sounds good Tuth. Just a few things

He ran forward his squad following behind him into the vast arena in the center of the chaos cruiser
You forgot the commas. It should be "He ran forward, his squad following behind him, into the vast arena in the center of the chaos cruiser

As big as some administratum buildings on nearby planets this hall was an honor to the paganism that was chaos

I cant seem to get this line to flow in my head. Also Looking at this from a marines perspective it would not seem an honour. I know what you mean and are trying to put across however it would be hard for a marine to think like this as its....well bad :lol: Perhaps try something like

"It was as big as some of the administratum buildings on then nearby planets and was a potant reminder of the horid paganism that was chaos"

also you might try posting your story in one of the other forums as it would allow others, outside the AA, to comment and they may have better criticism and help for you. :P

Those mags are as you say,trash ,for lack of a better term.

The web (and in some cases you must be cautious there as well),and libraries are full of information on anything Egyptian.

The trouble is anything that is popular is bound to attract scam artists.

Oh ya,scholarly publications don't offer free minis :cuss

G

Couple of things.

Thanks JC for all the work on the avatars.

The Aegyptus now have i believe something like 20 plus chapters.

Hopefully Neph will post a list here of all of them ,its very cool.

Congrates to everyone who is helping out.

G :cuss

Archived