Assault on Odion

Rogue Trader

Everything was deployed just as quickly and efficiently as any Space Marine commander could have wanted, and Aftiel was pleased as he oversaw the Chasan and her crew digging in. he was about to give the order to move out when a sudden, powerful lance of pain ripped through his psychic defenses. Despite his experience in dealing with such things, and his defenses were not unlike the Fortress-Monasteries that other Space Marines made use of, this was different. He fell to a knee, the hulking bulk of his Terminator Armor faltering as he leaned against his Force Sword wearily. Chaplain Uriel was upon him almost instantly, his armored frame seeking to assist his commander to his feet.

Persona: Venderas. The four remembered characters are part of the story behind him.

The drop pod slammed into the surface of Odion, throwing up masses of earth into the air. A second later the doors slammed down and the ten marines inside leapt out into a storm of autogun fire. Venderas ducked dived to the ground at the edge of the crater left by the drop pods descent and took account of the situation. The enemy traitors appeared to be well equipped and dug into a series of trenches surrounding their objective, a battery of three hydra flak guns preventing thunderhawks making it planet side. Around a platoon of traitor guard defended the objective and Venderas knew that unless he moved soon his squad would be pinned and cut down. Already he could see sergeant Hagion applying a ceramite patch to a hole in brother Gerans armour while the rest of the squad lay down covering fire with their bolters.

Guest No-One

There was a flash and a loud thump. Fragments of the wall directly in front of Mathiyas flew past his face. "Oh frak, an ambush" Mathiyas struggled to say as a lasgun round missed his face by mere inches, damaging his vox-link. "This is not good" With his vox down and his men outside, he was on his own. This far in the fortress, the other marines would not have heard the explosion. He really was on his own. Running forward to meet the vile cultists head on, he laid a punch into the lead cultist, tearing him in half from the chest down. He charged forward shooting and smashing with each step, "Emperor! Theres no end to these fools" Trampling one under foot, he started laying waste to the cultist while simultaniosly trying to break free of the piles of bodies. He knew not if he would survive this "Emperor, today is a good day, indeed" Screamed Mathiyas as he crushed the face of one of the cultists............

OOC that is a great plot twist Ferrata :devil:

After consolidating themselves, the Shadows Angelus made their push against the fortress. The Predators Barakiel and Cherior, began their grisly work on the cultists and their vehicles. Heavy Bolters, Lascannon and Autocannon fire reports shattering into the defensive lines. In a similar light, the telltale scream of incoming ordinance accompanied the armored assault. The bombardment from Chasan had begun, her smaller guns, which in space would be used to deal with fighters and the like had opened fire. Anything larger would be just as likely to destroy the Loyalist forces as it would the enemy.

Before Aftiel even gave the order, Devastator Squad Ziguiel was already in position on top of the defile and was already laying down covering fire against the fortress walls. For now, they were firing Frag Missiles, it wasn

"Where is Rheged?" thundered Benowyc, struggling to make himself heard over the din inside the diving Thunderhawk.

"My lord, I'm not quite sure. There's too much interference for us to find his ident-beacon. Best estimates indicate he is perhaps 1500m from the fortress, bogged down in heavy fighting... and my lord? It's much easier to talk if you use the vox."

Muffled sniggers came from the Host as a red-faced Benowyc switched his osmotic grill from external speaker to vox-transmit. With short terse commands he ordered the pilots to take them directly to the fiercest knot of resistance.

"Lets see Rheged beat that..." he muttered, almost to himself.

Shalao stiffened imperceptibly at his Master's recklessness. It would take more than a miracle for them to survive if he kept at it like this. He opened a private channel to the cockpit and "amended" Benowyc's order. The co-pilot acknowledged in a relieved tone of voice, before setting a new course.

This way at least they wouldn't have such a hot LZ, but they would have to march a kilometre to reach the fighting.

Guest No-One

Persona: Giauss Veteran Assault Sargeant of the Fists of Sanguinius, you already know him but until Mathiyas gets out i'm running Giauss

Giauss lunged forward, plunging his powersword into a cultist's face. Slashing wildly in a zig-zag pattern, he put down another cultist. "Lucas, tell Carlos to focus fire on vehicles" Giauss said over the vox-link "Affirmative, Giauss." Looking over to his right, Giauss spotted Brother Carlos pumping rounds from his heavy bolter into a cultist wartruck. Good, Giauss thought, that should hold them at bay. Hustling forward he cut a cultist in half, while simultaneosly pumping boltpistol rounds into another's face. Wonder where Mathiyas is i haven't seen him anywhere Giauss thought as he cut down another of the filthy cultists......

Slightly drunk while I typed this, so I'll check it in the morning for errors

The Cultists flooded into the room, under a hazy blue light. They charge with fury in their eyes, bringing their judgement to the dreadnought. As the dreadnought crush them under his weight, many of them prayed with their last breathes. They pounced and leaped onto the armoured shell, being ripped down by the huge claws of the foul best. Every time one of the cultists was smashed against the walls by his monstrous weapons, he prayed to the false Emperor, the rotting corpses, for forgiveness and thankfulness for his survival of the attack.

As they swarmed the dreadnought the roof collapsed as several winged beasts fell from the ceiling and flew out of the hole which the dreadnought had entered. These were they cause of all the blood and guts that was spread around the room which Aon

I think it would be a good idea if someone summarized everything that has happened so far, and everyone that is taking part.

Persona: 2nd Company Master Lerian & later Brother Tsel, Devastator squad, the Intrepid Alchemists.

2nd company master Lerian of the Intrepid Alchemists strode down the grimy, metal grating of the endless corridor that would ultimately take him from Alchemist Chrisius's quarters, back to his command post on the bridge of the ship. The entire fleet had been chasing endless leads for overs 3 months now & Lerian now looked forward to slightest fault in his power armour. The huge, bulky doors to the bridge slowly ground open & he reluctantly entered, not at all wanting to return to supervising the numerous, pointless chases for signs of chaos. However, this time his pessimism was greeted by an event of some intrigue.

One of the ship's serfs approached him.

"Master Lerian, the Supreme Alchemist requests your time."

"Establish a connection, immediately, I shall take this transmission in my private chamber serf."

With that, Lerian left the bridge to his small chamber, located directly to the starboard side of the bridge. With the entire room coated in a thick layer of darkness, he knelt in the center of the room, & a large screen dominating one side of the chamber, suddenly became illuminated. On it, the face of the Supreme Alchemist.

"You requested my presence, my master."

"Company Master Lerian, I have a task for you that might be of some interest."

The corners of Lerian's mouth curved upward slightly & his body tensed, as all of the fatigue from 3 months in space without so much as a reconnaissance mission quickly began to decipate.

"There is a nearby system that contains the planet Odion. It is a pathetic planet, little more than a small moon that was fortunate enough to be granted an atmosphere. However, it seems it must be of some importance as several Astartes chapters have decended upon it within the last day with the aim of taking a small fortress. They have encountered some resistance from the ruinous powers."

"Heretics..." Lerian whispered. he felt both excited & weakened at the same time. If there was one enemy the Intrepid Alchemists knew inside out, it was Chaos. For hundreds of years they had patrolled the Eye of Terror & had become quite proficient at purging the heretics.

"They have sent out a transmission requesting assistance from any nearby Imperial forces. Normally I would not even think about taking part in such a skirmish, but, we have gone without action for several months & my prized 2nd company will be getting rusty. Take the 2nd company & travel to Odion, help them to absolve the planet. You should have little trouble."

"Yes, my master..."

Guest No-One

OOC this is going great, all these plot twists and turns

Giauss ducked as a cultist truck drove by, barely missing rounds from its back-mounted autogun. Leaping atop it, he planted a krak-grenade on the weapon mount and jumped off. Rolling as he landed, he looked up just in time to see the truck explode in a fluorescent ball of flame and smoke, ducking just as a large piece of shrapnel flew past him, barely missing his face. Suddenly a large, burly cultist resembling one of the ogryns used by the lesser imperial forces charged upon him. Giauss didn't have time to react, and the two fought in a grapple, falling to the ground. Standing up, Giauss punched the giant cultist in the face, hearing the jaw crack. The cultist, either not feeling in injury or not caring about it, threw a massive jab knocking Giauss back a few steps. The cultist leapt at Giauss but Giauss met him with his bolt-pistol, leaving a smoking hole where a head would be. Giauss moved to a better vantage point. As he surveyed the field of battle he switched on his Tactical Holo-Map, bringing up a three-dimensional imaging showing the battle. He could see "blips" that were blue, his men, "blips" that were red, the heretical cultists, and yellow "blips", those of the other chapters. The cultists were dying out, but there was no sign of Brother Mathiyas, had he fallen? Was he captured? No, Giauss thought that would never, he would not allow himself to be killed by these filth. Suddenly a thunderous noise was heard, Giauss switched off his holo-map and looked around, when he spotted a fortress door come flying off its hinges held aloft by a familiar figure. Tossing the door into a squad of cultists, thus smashing them in the process, the massive dread stepped out of the shadowy fortress and began loosing rounds of his stormbolter. Though very far away Giauss could hear the behemoth bellow out "Today is a good day, Indeed" as he began his slaughtering of the cultists.......

OOC you know me i just couldn't let him die :P

The second drop was a quiet affair, with none of the excitement or action of the first. The pod landed in a lake 20 miles from the northern pole of Odion, the marines inside using their power armour to exit and move to the land. It was a simple and easy drop which left no trace that it had ever occurred, a vital factor in a covert mission.

The first thing that struck Venderas about his surroundings was just how barren they were. For miles around there was absolutely no sign of civilisation, only the brown mud and grey stone that made up nearly every part of this emperor forsaken planet. If he didn

Guest No-One

Mathiyas slammed into the door, dust shaking off the foundation. He rushed forward again this time cracking the large stone door from its hinges. One last time he surged to the door this time knocking it down. As it fell, his eyes were flooded with sunlight, he had been trapped for most of the night. Mathiyas grabbed the door in his massive fists and threw it into a crowd of cultists, splattering them under its weight. "Today is a good day, Indeed" Mathiyas roared. He strode forth, covered with the blood of dead heretics and of something he had not seen in a long time, a daemon. He moved forward and spotted Giauss fighting, his enhanced senses allowing him to see his fellow brother clearly. Two hundred years in a dreadnought had not dulled his senses at all. "Giauss call for a techmarine, preferably Brother Sigurd" Mathiyas said over the din of bolter fire. "I lost my vox in combat, I need repairs." With that Giauss activated long-range communications and put out the order. "Venerable one, what happened in there?" Giauss said concern showing on his face. Staring at the fortress with bloodshot eyes Mathiyas only repeated the words "Massacre, a Massacre....."

OOC guess that left a lasting effect on him

The rain lashed down obscuring the 3 marines lying by the side of the track. They watched in silence as the 4 trucks rumbled past their position away from the concealed bunker. At the head of the marines brother Geran scowled. These were no average cultists; they were well equipped with transports, weapons and armour. Already in the two days he had been out in the wastes he had seen no less then 15 enemy patrols, each mounted in vehicles and accompanied by tanks. They were going to have a tough time if they were forced to fight their way out, but he hoped it wouldn

Sergeant Galrain flicked a bug off his power-armor. For nearly a day, he and the remainder of his squad had trudged through thick forests, full of deadly plants and animals alike. He heard a loud thud, accompanied by yelling. He ran into a large overgrown bush and peered ahead. A massive drop-pod had landed, and marines in quartered green and blue armor were deploying from the pod. "Brother Captain?" He voxed, waving a hand in the air. "Ahh, sergeant galrain, good to see you alive. The heretics we have found, have many more troops than expected, and are well-dug in. I thought you could use some help." As galrain watched, two more drop-pods slammed home, and 2 more squads of marines deployed. "thank you, brother captain, marines move-out!

Guest No-One

OOC hey guys i'm back

Mathiyas looked at the young techmarine and grinned. "Can you hurry, blood needs to be spilled" He said in a angry tone. The tech only paused to look at him for a second and continued his work. Turning towards Mathiyas he re-wired the vox-link's circuits. Mathiyas leapt up eagerly and was stopped by Giauss. "Venerable one, we have new orders, we are to move to the south of here and cut off a supply depot from serviceing the fortress. Prepare for Thunderhawk pickup in two hours, then we regroup, resupply, and move out" Mathiyas looked at Giauss with a sadistic grin, "Good, it is time to purge the filth!"..........

Veteran Sergeant Galrain burst moved closely to the edge of the massive fortress walls. Behind him, Captain Aravos and Devestator squads Halix, and Doros stood, heavy weapons at the ready. For the last hour or so, they had watch the dreadnought Mathiyas battle for his life, then only to find him leave damaged. "Captain, attack now?" Galrain spoke as he scanned the area for any more cultists. He had heard reports of other loyalist marines dropping on to Odion, some he had seen attack the defiler, and some, he had heard, had come under heavy fire via heavy hydra tanks. Captain Aravos sped ahead, and with the help of one devestator sergeant, planted a handfull of krak grenades on the thick armored outside of the heretics fortress. With a loud bang, and smoke, the wall crumbled, and before the smoke cleared, the 2 squads of warmongers moved in, taking positions amongst the walls ruins. "Area clear,"Sergeant Halix voxed. "Marines, move out, for the emperor" voxed Captain Aravos as a small tank rolled around the corner of the wall. It was a typical Imperial Guard Chimera-pattern tank, with a multi-laser attached to its turret. But behind it, flew the real horrors. Flying beasts that seemed to be spawned from hell itself flew, chittering, and attacked the marines before they knew what hit them. Lascannons, heavy bolters, missle launchers, and plasma guns/cannons roared into life, blowing the turret off the chimera, while slaying only half-a dozen of the flying daemons. Sergeant Galrain and Captain Aravos stood side by side, bolters chattering, power sword and lightning claw lighting up the rainy night sky with an eerie light. Galrain leapt at one daemon, while Aravos slashed one down, before he unloaded his bolt pistol clip into it to finish it off. Galrain's armor was broken and sliced in a dozen places, and he could feel fresh wounds on his face. "this will be a long battle, Captain," he spoke. "Aye, and lets do these heretics justice and wipe them out...

Guest No-One

"Orders.... What... are... my.... orders?" Mathiyas said over the static of his vox-link. "You are to move in and secure the supply depot. It will be our temporary base of command. I will stay with Squad Giauss and join with Galrain's men, they are securing the outer perimeter of the fortress and have breached the wall" Brother Giauss said over the vox. "Understood, brother" Mathiyas said as he boarded the Thunderhawk. As he got in the cargo bay, he noticed that it was already carrying an eight man tactical squad. It was Squad Lucas. "Venerable Brother we will use an aerial deployment, you will drop in the center of the camp, and we will come in on the west side of the depot, the forces will most likely be drawn to your area and we will flank them" Lucas said to Mathiyas and the others of his unit. Mathiyas used his auto-loader to reload his stormbolter and melta. "E.T.A ten minutes" came a voice over the vox, that of the pilot. "Lucas, open the rear doors, i'll get ready to jump. The techmarine that had repaired his vox-link had also custom made him a jumppack/thruster attachment that would allow him to jump from extreme heights and allow safe landing. As the rear doors of the Thunderhawk opened Mathiyas looked out upon his surroundings. He could see a winding road that lead away from the depot. It was nearing sunset, and the depot would have to be cleared by morning.........

OOC just wanted to get him away from the fortress

The Daemons had finally retreated, Galrain thought. Next to him was the remains of the heretic chimera that had attacked them before. It had proved near-useless against the barrage of heavy weapons from Squads Halix and Doros. Squad Halix had lost 2 marines to the daemons, and the marines of squad doros had lost none. Captain Aravos had made a call to the warmongers strike Cruiser His Blade in orbit to send a savage team to recover the fallen marines geneseed and armor. He himself looked battered and weary, but he had fought as well as many of the younger marines, despite being 400 years old himself. He motioned to Galrain, who was examining the breach in the fortress wall. "what do you see sergeant?" he asked, "Captain, this wall is metres thick, it would take a magma bomb to get us through, and our orders from HQ are to keep the fortress intact. "Damn," Aravos swore aloud, "We will keep moving along the walls until we meet up with any other loyalists or until we find an entrance to this fortress"."Sir," voxed a marine from squad Doros, "Look what we found". Aravos followed Galrain behind a large clump of trees to find a rhino, painted in the color scheme of the warmongers chapter. "what is this?!, i did not authorize this!!!". "Sir, Galrain spoke up, maybe we can use this to our advantage. Moments later the small force was zooming around the fortress in the rhino, the devestator squads packed tightly inside. Galrain luckily had been training to be a techmarine in his youth and understood the basic principals of driving a rhino. The rhino gunned its way around a rock-formation to find a blown out bunker with a squad or two of marines in blue and silver armor by it. They had seemed to attack the bunker, but for reasons why, Galrain had no idea. He gunned the rhinos engines and charged ahead, unaware of the perils that awaited his forces...

Guest No-One

Mathiyas slammed into the ground in the center of the camp landing on a firepit the had set up. Immediately he opened fire with his stormbolter and melta, killing off many cultist before they could react. Roaring loudly he charged forward and smashed the face of one of the traitors, beheading it in the process. Getting his balance, he looked upon the hoard of cultists that surrounded him "Is there no one else?" Mathiyas roared, as the cultist he had beheaded fell to the floor. The other cultists were afraid to move in, suddenly one charged. Seeing this all of the others followed him, trying to rush the dreadnought. "Finally, these fools will know pain" Mathiyas said as he smashed the first under the weight of his fist........

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giauss moved under the cover of the foliage, followed closely by his team members. They had successfully snuck into the outer area of the fortress and were looking for Galrain and his men. They had been following the tracks of the rhino for one hour, killing cultist they found on the way, but no sign of Galrain. Giauss spotted a large cultist truck, coming in his direction, ducking behind the bush Giauss said over the vox-link "men prepare to down that truck" As the truck neared them Giauss tossed a grenade into the street, exploding it flipped the truck causing the cultists to pile out..........

OOC I dont remember where i got Mathiyas' line from but i think it was from gladiator or troy

Archived