My Deathwatch Kill-Teams

Thanks guys. B)

@ Freakiq:I used a "certain" technique to make the fist out of GS.

@ Desmodus:I appreciate that,man.I've been a fan of your work for a long time.

Here is one you may dig.He's not a FleshEater,but he's close. ;)

Kill-Team Omega's Brother Sadoul,of the FleshTearers Chapter.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Danek1354/Sadoul.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Danek1354/Sadoulsideshot.jpg

I love the work. Well thought out and an outstanding paint job. I am building a death watch army myself. Not as good as yours, but they are alot of fun.

Are you doing anything to demonstrate your HQ or veteran squads? I know for mine I painted the trim and the "I" in gold rather than silver. I was just wondering if you are doing something visible to show the difference.

Dude... totally awesome...

That is a bloody cool set of Marines. And you're doing an entire army!

What are you doing for the regular Tactical Marines? Or is everyone getting upgraded to DW status?

I love the Imperial Fist, his cloak is brilliant! And the Captain, he's just plain awesome.

Good luck with the rest of them!

Lovely death watch marines!

This thread is really an inspiration, and now I to want to make at least one death watch kill team!

Keep 'em coming, and don't forget about us templar players B)

I really love how you kept the theme of each chapter yet you can still tell they are deathwatch. For exmaple the darkangles one with the robe, and the iron warrior one with all the bionics. You went above and beyond (sp?) what you had to do to show what chapter they are from and I really love that.

Danek You are very talented as I am Very Impressed myself at how this Kill team is popping up like crazy, one of the most things that amaze me is that once you keep pumping more of your DW everyone seems to improve dearly!

Anyways Keep it going Danek you are getting to a high point of alot of talent and painting compietitions to come!

Keep going and Keep Improving my friend

Vtraxx Out

PS: these are much more greater than TT-Quality.

I'll tackle these one at a time.

@Chaplain Jacob:Kill-Team Gamma is led by Brother-Sergeant To'Rahk,who is a Salamander.I'll post him before long.

@Einsatz:All of the members of my "official" Kill-Team(Alpha),My Veteran squad(Omega),and the Sergeants of the Tac squads(Gamma,Epsilon,Beta,etc) Have a red band on the right kneepad to denote Veteran Status,as per the IA article.

I'm not too big on the gold idea personally.The silver has a more cold and sterile look,IMO. ;)

@Vortemir:The tac squads have the appearance of DW,but not the upgrade.

Too darn expensive points-wise. ;)

The Veteran squad does though.

@aznsk8s87:Drakeus?I'll definately get him up here soon.

@Cubeface:Public Park sand,actually.

I'm too cheap to by the GW stuff. B)

Besides,it fits the feeling of a Dead World better.

Black ink wash.

Highlight Boltgun Metal,followed by Codex Gray.

Gloss brush-on varnish to finish.

@IronLoki:Yes it is. ^_^

@AFK:I really appreciate that.I read every IA article I could find a hundred times over,and looked at the artwork here as well for inspiration.

yea im all about fluff, (semi powergamer) but still i have read alsmot everything out on 40k fluff and when knolege tests come up, i do pretty good on them i like to think.

I'm working on a BT right now for Omega Team.

Hopefully he'll be done within the week.

I'm thinking of giving him the standard deep red chainsword that DW marines usually carry,but writing litanies on it took give it a BT touch.Opinions?

Anyhoo,here is Brother Galleon of Omega Team,originally from the Howling Griffons Chapter.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Danek1354/Galleon.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Danek1354/Galleonsideshot.jpg

I found that fluff on the Howling Griffons is minor,so I sorta expanded it abit through the model,giving him a "knightly" appearance.

For a Chapter called the Howling Griffons,it just felt appropriate. B)

What is it that you used on the armour to give it the deep gloss again?

I use Delta Ceramcoat Satin Interior Varnish.It's a great brush-on clear coat to protect your minis,deepens and enriches the colors,and gives them a decent sheen.

And I say go for it Tudor!

Anybody can do it with a little patience,a steady hand and some TLC.

How the hell did I miss this topic, the are superb!!!

I love the fact that you are working your way through all the chapters, are you considering adding any non offical/DIY chapters to your teams?

I'm sure the Grayven Wolves could spare you a man. ;) B) ;)

The conversions are wonderful too, and your paintwork is great.

I bet the look awesome all together in the respective teams, I'd love a shot of them like that.

Well with the upcoming 'nid invasion, and the fact that in an all shooty army I could do with some really aggresive looking models, It makes sense, plus they tend to be quite kick arse in games, from what I'd heard.

I just have to juggle this with the following hankerings:

to make some custodes

to make some 'nids (argh I've ben tainted by the hive mind)

to make some relictors (I've wanted to do them for aaaages)

to make some sororitas

to finally, to make a squad of mentors (using DW rules funnily enough)

@ Bruenor:I have a few DIY marines already.Brother Izuhara and Brother Redfoot are both from DIY Chapters I came up with solely for this Project,and yeah,man.I have room for a Grayven Wolf in Zero-One,Grandmaster Danek's personal retinue.

Just shoot me a link or a PM with some info so I do them justice. ;)

@Tudor:I hear ya on the Relictors,man.I keep fighting the urge to create a Librarian with the Artekus Scourge named Trevor Belmont. B)

I have a couple of DIY chapters you could use if you wanted

Warfists (all white, with golden pad trim and a golden helmet logo is a golden IF-style fist, big on fighting with honour, and do almost all their fighting with the sword, train in that method of fighting that involves a long sword and a dagger/shortsword)

The other ones a bit boring, the Knights Hyperian, pretty standard chapter, the shoulder pads are crimson fistsish blue, with a white gryphonne, pretty boring, so wouldn't make for an incredible model.

@Doggy:LMAO!You read my mind! :lol:

But seriously,I may put a Raptor in but it's unlikely as I already have a Black Consul and a Mentor Legion member in the works.

Too many bird heads. :blush:

@aznsk8s87:All DW have the left arm plated in silver.

@Tudor:I have too many "fist style"marines,I think.

(Imperial Fist,Crimson Fist,Iron Hands,Dark Hands,etc.)

I try to keep it varied.

The Knights Hyperion may be a possibilty though.

Archived