My Deathwatch Kill-Teams

A very nice Deathwatch indeed! All characters are highly individual persons, but still tied together enough to form a nice unit. The paintjobs are very cool too.

In short: yes, Obliterator likes :blush: ...

Hmmm... I have to try that technique with the Fist chest piece. I smell a new commander joining my army...

Very nice work man! It's clearly a labor of love :blush:

When I did my own Death Watch back in the day, I used a lot of my friend's DIY chapters, which was a great source of inspiration and fun, and in turn made my DW quite unique, at that time anyway.

Those......totally....ROCK!!!! You sir have done a good job. once I get some more regular SM I will start up my Red Corsiar army. I just hope they can be as cool looking as your DW. They totally rock.

Ahab

@Obliterator:By all means do!

Cortez' backpack will be your friend in that endeavor. B)

@Misgula:I agree.The DIY marines really add alot of character.

@Ahab:I'm sure your Red Corsairs will be awesome,man.All you need is some creativity.

(You should see my last army.It was the 13th Company. ;) )

@Librarian- Melechor:Thanks,man.

And I meant the Scourge would be great for a Librarian named Trevor Belmont to weild. :)

Someone asked about a Salamander earlier.

This gent is Brother-Sergeant To'Rahk of Kill-Team Gamma.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Danek1354/ToRahk.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Danek1354/ToRahksideshot.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Danek1354/ToRahkcloak.jpg

Though it's difficult to see in the pics,To'Rahk has facial tattoos,primarily because I always invisioned Salamanders as being inspired by the Maori of New Zealand,as opposed to Africans.

I saved the pic to my comp and enhanced the pic on my photoshop program, and I could just make out the tattoos, and from what I can see the look great.

Love the work on the cape too!!!!

Loving the Salamander Cloak on the Sallie... very nicely done.

Perhaps you could do a Mentor DW Marine... Im not sure if that would go against the fluff though...

Then you could convert him to have a Mentor Pattern DW Bolter! And that would rule....

On that note, have you considered converting the DW Bolters into different patterns, like a bullpup version for example?

Great work, keep it up!

I am planning a Mentor,but as of yet I have not started on him.

Why would it be potentially un-fluffy? <_<

I try to keep the M.40's pretty standard.I feel they help tie the army together.

Someone asked about Heavy Bolters.

This is Brother Drakeus of the Black Dragons Chapter,my Heavy Bolter expert in Kill-Team Beta.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Danek1354/DrakeusFront.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Danek1354/Drakeussideshot.jpg

there looking really great. :lol:

is the metal DW bolters M.40's ?

then they all should come with M.40 ammo by default :devil:

-edit-

oh.. the heavy bolter guy what is he doing?

shooting grots?

i think you should try to move his left arm a bit up, so the bolter is...

arg cant find english word for it...

someone who understand that can explain for me?

-edit-

I think some of your work is great. I do find a couple of things rather odd. If you look at the salamander guy on the right leg to be exact, there seems to be a huge mold line. If you are going to take time to paint all these clean them up better. Second I don't think there would be a black dragon in the DW due to their genes aren't stable, ie... mutation. All in all they aren't bad keep them coming.

Drakeus is my first attempt at posing a heavy bolter user like him,so he's not in the greatest of stances.

Hopefully a redux on him will create a more natural pose. :lol:

I'm not going to agrue the genetics of the Black Dragons.That's kind of like saying that Space Wolves can't be in the DW because of their fangs,or Raven Guard for their complexion.In fact it's Drakeus' "unique" appearance that adds an element of dischord between himself and Brother-Sergeant Gideon.

And yeah,Grey88.You're right on that mold line.

Musta been tired to miss that one. :devil:

Thanks for the comments folks.

I appreciate any critisisms as well. ;)

If you swing the right arm back quite a lot, so its almost behind the torso, then bring the left arm up, you can have the marine holding the heavy bolter as if hes firing forward instead of sideways, which looked very good when combined with assault marine running legs - I tried this out last night using the same chaos heavy bolter, and it looks darn good - Plus it demonstrates how their heavy bolter can be used on the move

amazing work there -][-Danek-][-!!! i've never had proper respect for DW b4 this, but now i've been enticed to maybe trya few. is there a future for Blood Ravens in ure army, like maybe a libby? hint hint, :devil: :lol: in any case, keep the good work a coming!

-Chip

I think you should make a thread where peope post their DIY chapter schemes and you pick and choose to make DW from them :devil:...

Seriously, nice work. I'm sure people would be honored if you featured their DIY chapter in it (I know I would be)

I think you should make a thread where peope post their DIY chapter schemes and you pick and choose to make DW from them ^_^...

Seriously, nice work. I'm sure people would be honored if you featured their DIY chapter in it (I know I would be)

In the spirit of honouring this fantastic idea, and if Danek is interested, I have a DIY Chapter that would love to get one of its Battle Brothers into the ranks of the DW. Brother Sergeant Tain of the Emperor's Disciples!

I won't take away anything from this thread by posting a non-DW picture, but it's the guy from my Avatar.

T

Danek is there anybody in your force from Relictors?

If not would you consider adding one? They look cool with all those chaos relics dangling from their armor & so...

"Where else can you have Gideon,a Dark Angel that is barely able to stand the sight of Drakeus,a heavy bolter expert in his Kill-Team,simply because Drakeus hails from the Black Dragons"

Da hating mutants for the WIN! good fluff there fits in with the backround stoBut its nice to know that even if 1 hates u he will still put his life out on the line for you.

Archived