My Idea for a DIY Chapter

well I have 2 ideas in mind as to where exactly my Chapter's Homeworld is 1st idea is maybe somewhere near the Tau Empire or my other idea is having them fairly close to the Ultramarines domain of Ultramar any helpful ideas on this would be great.

Well, what are your reasons behind those two decisions? If we got that then it might help us more than just choosing one for you. If you're near the Tau, then it limits your choices of who to fight, and if you're near the Ultramarines then you run the risk of being over-shadowed. Perhaps neither of them are perfectly suited to you.

The Maelstrom, like the Eye of Terror, is an area where the warp intrudes into real-space. It was guarded by Lufgt Huron's Astral Claws. It's a fairly-well established area of 40k fluff, so you might want to leave it alone.

Don't forget that the worlds on that map are but a fraction of the total worlds in the galaxy. YOu can easily create your own, and even your own Ork empire if you want an enemy for your chapter.

is there like a way to have Chaos as an enemy without touching the Maelstrom??? because my brother is into 40K aswell and he collects Chaos Marines and as he is going to be my main opponent a good reason as to why i'd encounter the forces of Chaos wouldnt hurt.

Right so far my DIY Chapter looks pretty much like this:

Name: Iron Dragons

Origin of Geneseed: Ferrus Manus/Iron Hands

Founding:founded in the 38th Millenium so possibly 23rd/24th founding.

Homeworld: an as yet un-named Deathworld in the Ultima Segmentum/Eastern Fringe

Combat Doctrine: possibly heavily mechanised with lots of tanks and tough hard hitting elites

Organisation: so far standard codex organisation but I may change that.

Chapter Symbol aswell as chapter background/ early history still a problem.

wow it's really coming along thanks a bunch to all the people who have contributed suggestions and helped me steer away from my initial ideas which were ill concieved in the extreme.

ok then so stuff I still need to work out:

Chapter background and early history

Chapter Symbol (input on this has been great but i'm still not fully sure about it)

Homeworld name and details of what it's like

and also I think my chapter needs some kind of motto/battlecry.

Don't forget that Space Marine Chapters have their own fleets, so they can travel. Choosing a homewolrd isn't that huge a deal. If you're really stuck, though, you could make them a fleet-based chapter. They simply travel where they are needed in their Battle Barges.

Don't forget that Space Marine Chapters have their own fleets, so they can travel. Choosing a homewolrd isn't that huge a deal. If you're really stuck, though, you could make them a fleet-based chapter. They simply travel where they are needed in their Battle Barges.

oh yeah maybe I could have them as a fleet based chapter sure would save me a few headaches trying to think more about a homeworld.

Well concerning how to blow up the rest of your fluff, what do you want that chapter to be like? When/if you get around to making a IA article for this chapter, you'll want to have a theme running through most if not all of it. And most of all, you dont want to delute this theme with too much "cool stuff".

For instance, I can see them as aggresive siege masters. Perhaps even a bit malevolent and arrogant. Such traits could easily change their organization, beliefs, and obviously their combat doctrain.

When you are thinking of a theme, whatever that may be, be sure to look through the Do's and Don'ts for some good guidlines to run on.

Well concerning how to blow up the rest of your fluff, what do you want that chapter to be like? When/if you get around to making a IA article for this chapter, you'll want to have a theme running through most if not all of it. And most of all, you dont want to delute this theme with too much "cool stuff".

For instance, I can see them as aggresive siege masters. Perhaps even a bit malevolent and arrogant. Such traits could easily change their organization, beliefs, and obviously their combat doctrain.

When you are thinking of a theme, whatever that may be, be sure to look through the Do's and Don'ts for some good guidlines to run on.

right some good points there i'll keep them in mind.

Archived