Storm Lions

+cuchulain+

That cloak is on the Empire Knightly Order Sprue, #99380202003 in the US.  It also has some nifty Knights Panther bits that could work for your chapter also.

But is it a lion's pelt?

And I can vouch for the shields; they're ace... :)

more fluff.

im begining to flesh it out.

comments appreciated.

The lions are fierce beasts that roam the grasslands of the planet hunting the wildlife that has evolved. The people of dal cas believe that these beasts are the reincarnation of great warriors who died gloriously in battle. They hunt them with the intention to defeat a great spirit and to take the powers of the slain beast.

Once a warrior hunts and kills a lion, the body is brought to the cross at cashalainn, a great cliff which marks the landing site of the space marines. Stationed at the cross is a member of the non-marine section of the chapter in order to contact the fortress monestary of the new recruit.

A great feast and ceremony is held in honor of the warriors induction into the 10th company of the chapter, which is comprised of all the scouts who await their time to become full fledged marines. During this ceremony the heart of the lion is torn from its chest and deposited into an archive deep in the depths of the huge cliff to be stored until the new scout becomes a battle brother.

Once the scout has proven himself as a worthy candidate, he is initiated and made a marine. On the eve of the induction into the 9th company, he returns to Dal Cas to feast on the heart of the lion he defeated. This symbolizes the passing of the soul of one great warrior to the body of another great warrior, combining the two in a spiritual ritual of blood.

The chapter organization is setup so that the 1st company is the elite forces with the tactical dreadnought armor. The 2nd through 5th companies are the most youthful and courageous marines, while the 9th company is the youngest and the 6th through 8th companies are the oldest marines held in reserve.

But is it a lion's pelt?

You know, now that I think of it, it's probably a panther pelt, to go with the Knights Panther. But all these years that I've been playing Empire, I never noticed, and I have to say, it looks pretty decent painted up like a lion pelt. If it really bothers you, I guess you could sculpt a bigger mane on it, but trust me it looks fine. But like I said, I just wouldn't go buying an $8 sprue just to get one.

Thanks CaptainPalladorus. ^_^

I of course would not be buying the sprue for the mantle only; there's plenty of cat imagery on there and other useful bits for the buy to be worthwhile...

I have yet to see the part on the front, but sculpting a mane would not be a problem if required. Then again, a female lion could be used just as well I gather...

more fluff.

feedback appreciated.

The chapter was founded during the 18th founding from the ultramarine gene seed.

The chapter master is called the Ard Ri.

The founding member of the chapter was Ard Ri Murrough Borulainn. His personal doctrine was that when he went out to battle he would be the first one on the ground and the last one to leave the battle field. As the chapter reached full force, murrough went out on raids against xenos in the sector and waged guerilla style warfare upon the enemy. But proud warrior as he was he hated not being able to meet his enemies in open battle. Many stories grew about the powerful ard ri after the chapter reached its full strength. The greatest of his exploits was the tale of the battle for clontarf.

Clontarf is a planet near the homeworld of dal cas. Reports of chaos being spotted on the planet reached murrough. He gathered his troops for battle and sent out for the world. Upon landing on the surface, it became clear that the taint of chaos was on the planet.

As the marines setup their operations post, the battle began with the chaos marines who had come to the planet in search for an artifact of great power. During the great battle, Murrough hacked through the chaos legion, lost in the thrill of battle, it is said that he would become entranced into a berserker like rage, killing all enemies before him.

After the battle ended, many marines were killed, but the taint of chaos was purged from the planet. As murrough stayed to lay final benediction on the saved world and to pray to the Emperor in thanks for glory in battle, a small band of remaining chaos troops came upon him. Being the last one on the ground with only his honor guard to protect him, the chaos marines quickly exploited their overwhelming numbers. Murrough was struck a fatal blow as he killed the last remaining enemy. It was never revealed what the legion of chaos was searching for.

As the new ard ri was appointed and the marines replenished their troops, the new battle doctrines were implemented to follow the example of murrough borulainn. They would face their enemies eye to eye and trust in the battle brothers.

Clontarf is a planet near the homeworld of dal cas. Reports of xenos being spotted on the planet reached murrough. He gathered his troops for battle and sent out for the world. Upon landing on the surface, it became clear that the taint of chaos was on the planet.

You say xenos were spotted, but your chapter fights chaos?

I like it.

The only thing I would say is the bit about the traits seems a bit like it was tacked on as an after thought. Instead of just using the names of the traits how about trying to paraphrase something from the descriptions. I assume the traits you want to use are eye to eye and trust your battle brothers. How about saying:

They would no longer no longer use guerilla tactics against their enemies, instead they would always seek to engage them in open battle.

I can't remember what trust your battle brothers gives you, but I'm sure you get the idea from the bit above.

Doh - why did i start this at work when my Dex is at home? :tu:

thanks for the feedback, guys.

heres the last part then...

As the new ard ri was appointed and the marines replenished their troops, the new battle doctrines were implemented to follow the example of murrough borulainn. They would no longer hide behind guerilla war tactics that were implented in battle before and adopt the new strategy of facing their enemies on the field of battle openly. they also would not resort to any cowardice infiltration missions. the stories and example of murrough in battle set the level of courage and fierceness in battle and as such fight mercilessly in hand to hand combat.

changed the name of the chapter to lions of dal cas.

If I may ask; why? I though Storm Lions was a very catchy name and very much a fitting one for a Spacemarine chapter...

i wasnt sure if it was a good name, im still thinking about either one of those names, yesterday i was thinking lions of dal cas, but i liked storm lions in the begining.

i guess its still up in the air.

i wasnt sure if it was a good name, im still thinking about either one of those names, yesterday i was thinking lions of dal cas, but i liked storm lions in the begining.

i guess its still up in the air.

For what it's worth I prefer Storm Lions :tu:

Archived