How do I write background for my DIY Chapter?

Ancient_Galatan

The Marines have their base in a place the native tribespeople call the "valley of death" a rather bleak place they stay away from because no tribesperson foolish enough to go into the area has ever come back out this is supposedly because the area is full of vicious animals that the Iron Dragons regularly hunt as part of their training.

ok I think it's about time my Chapter's homeworld had a name. i've thought about it and my brain has produced this: Takara Prime I kinda like it but thoughts and opinions from other people would be welcome (dont bother to ask how I came up with the name it just came out randomly)

Well a harsh desert would cover the reason for the tanks. Even marines get hot and thirsty :D . It could also tie into the name. If the creatures in this valley get big enough they could be seen as dragons of myth. That could explain the name as well as the tank support.

Good luck and better days.

right so what i've got for the homeworld so far is it's a desert world inhabited by primative tribes of people who see the Marines as spirits who ride accross the desert in great iron "dragons" spewing fire and death to anybody who would oppose the Emperor and they train in a bleak little valley the people are scared of and naturally try and stay away from. I think that will do for now and I need to work on other parts.

You've now got a start on the Homeworld and Combat Doctrine sections. There's plenty of others - Beliefs, Gene-seed, Origin and Organisation. Pick one and see if you can get started on it. This needs to be your chapter, so take the time to think - even if your brain's going to run out your ears.  :unsure:

Seriously, you don't need to ask us about every single detail. Do some of it yourself, or else it's not your chapter. ;)

I was wondering how your Marines interact with the natives, especially if they have to recruit from the populace. How do the marines find the great warriors of the tribes. Do they attack the tribes to see who is strong and brave enough to fight an Iron Dragon. Maybe the tribes send there warriors to the Iron Dragons to be tested. Or maybe the Dragons just watch from afar and abduct those that seem fit.

Just some food for thought.

-Chris

The Marines pay the tribes a visit and the tribes best warriors duke it out in various competitions of strength with the winners being taken away by the chapter to begin initiation and training. As for interation they dont really interact with the people that often and mostly keep to themselves. After all the tribes people beleive them to be some sort of spirits and your not exactly gonna have friendly conversation about the weather and such with something like that are you now??? :)

Archived