Space Hulk Modeling Thread

Thats it!! Im BUYING a new set of Terminators next week, cos the old ones i think will be too much work to bring into 4th ed (that and i really dont have all the time in the world to do so) so ill aim to buy a box of terminators next week (or maybe even two).

So now im REALLY behind.... :devil:

As I said earlier, I need to finish up 3 choices for an ork force, do some annual tests at school, begin at a new work and remember to be a bit social, so my parents doesn't get mad... I'm behind!

When taking pics, try to have your main light source behind you, rather than right in front of you, as the pic (i assume its digital) looks over exposed from the light.

The termie on the right looks ok, although the one on the left looks like he is tilting too far forward, almost as if he was taking a random swipe in front of him before he tumbles down.

Question.

We've been told we can use 6 man strong Termie squads.

Can we field a 4 man pack and 2 characters?

One IC.

from the rules:

Independent Characters

1. One independent character may be selected to accompany the squad. The independent Character may choose the squad as their retinue per the rules for the codex they are chosen for.

a. Inquisitors from Witch Hunters may be selected from Witch Hunters codex and be allied with Space marines (note this breaks Immutable Law 1).

b. In cases were an IC

Ultimatley though,

The Kill Team Rules mean you can break them.

Though breaking an immutable rule gives the brute squad alot of advantages.

So taking a second IC:

Immutable Laws: 2 More Brute Squads + 25 pts per break

2 Multi-Wound models = 2 Immutable Laws

Mutable Laws: 1 More Brute Squad + 10 Pts per break

Same Squad = 2 Mutable breaks

Multiple Models with access to the amory, first is free = 2 Mutable Breaks (IC, IC, SGT)

So just taking the 2 ICs (not assuming other breaks and point cost for the team) you would expect the Stealers to have 8 additional brute squads (3 stealers per squad) for a total of 15 squads of stealers, and the stealer to spend 90pts on Kit. This is before the points and other brute advantages they get because of other rules broken.

So on average the second IC will make it twice as hard.

Ba libby with familar will give a stealer a run for its money in HTH!!

Ordered my termies today, already have chaplin primed. Also ordered some rare earth magnets for interchangable arms!!

So much money being spent. . . . . . .

Why did you start this topic OMG!? :)

Cheers,

AR

Places heavy bolter to head. looking forward to seeing your entry. :lol: :) ^_^

Damn.

I'd forgotten about the armoury rule.

My basic termi's have access to the armoury.

So without breaking my stride i've got an IC and 5 models (Including IC) with access to the armoury.

Yep, so what is a few more stealers!

Also,it would be wise to remember the Stealers are going to hit you first...just about ALL the time :o

you cant hit back when your rending bait... shoot em before they get there i say ;)

mithril

Places heavy bolter to head. looking forward to seeing your entry.

There may not be an entry at the rate im going!! An unopened box of termies and no time to do them = no entry!!

Also confused as to why your placing heavy bolter to head!!??

Cheers,

AR

I hope you dont miss with a 4th Ed assault cannon Nephren, or id be a TAD worried :o

So to date i have seen:

- Oblit pointing a bolter at a head (mine unfortunately)

- OMG pointing a Storm bolter at a head (mine again IIRC)

- Nephren pointing a heavy bolter at a head (not mine!! but alas, poor angel robertson, a good marine he was ;))

Always good to see when the mods not only ensure the frater stick to the guide lines of the B&C but "encourage" folk to do stuff :lol:

Have I? When would I have done such a thing? Now a combi-melta maybe. That I would believe but a storm bolter?

Status report:

Perhaps it was Oblit yet again with a bolt weapon, id have to do some back reading to find out who the mod in question was :)

Suddenly i feel like im on a quest of Cluedo - The B&C Version... Was it Oblit with the Storm Bolter in the PC&A or was it OMG with the SB in the PC&A? :unsure:

Wednesday im hoping to pick up a box of Termies (two if i ignore a certain Battleforce). Unless CoD is out, in which ehh, yeah..... Even with 10% off OUCH there goes my wallet.

Hmm.. shiny objects for Refuse huh? This could be a tricky one... So yeah.. Refuse.. how about looking at that shiny disco ball.... Its Shiny... :)

Have I? When would I have done such a thing? Now a combi-melta maybe. That I would believe but a storm bolter?

Status report:

Perhaps it was Oblit yet again with a bolt weapon.

You'll be interested to hear I'm working on a flamer, just for you :) ...

I swear Oblit, you are my new best friend :) :P

So June 14th Huh? So that leaves me with less than 2 weeks now... Ehhh... miracles do happen... :P

Archived