CONVERTED MARINE BIKE.

So... youre going to make a bike that is about the length of a rhino.. and half the width...

Its a cool bike, but it won't be easy, you'll want to look at some of the Akira inspired bikes and use some eldar/tau bits.

-Legacy40k

So... youre going to make a bike that is about the length of a rhino.. and half the width...

-Legacy40k

Yes! You think it will be too big?

Oh and for anyone living underground with Squigs, Advent Children is Square Enix's sequel to Final Fantasy VII in animated film form. The new bike replaced the original Daytona and is cool as ****. - sorry :lol:

hmmm advent children's bike :lol:

*cough* uhm...where was i? oh yes :blush:

well, it WOULD be cool, but imho you should make it just as big as a normal bike, as if you WOULD make it the length of a rhino and half the width you would have one hell of a large bike :angry:

Shouldnt this be in the painting and modeling section?

Whats advent children?

final fantasy 7 movie.

there was an article in WD a long time ago, it was on a chaos champion called Steppenwolf, and there was one version on bike and the bike was based on the bikes from Akira. it used marine bike wheels, with 2nd ed rhino hatches as hubs, and used pieces from the eldar vyper, but i dont remember what else he used or the issue number.

There was a kick :tu: bike conversion called the Raptor on here once. It was done 2 years ago. So way before the crash.

is it the bike that look like a mix between a Akira bike and the bike from another modelrange ...

don

the front and back parts of that first bike are bits of the eldar viper hull, the front being the back bit, with the 'wings' folded down

as you may see I found a breakdown list at another forum and linked to it =)

thanks for the help anyway =)

now I just have to get some eldar vipers =)

guess I will need one for each bike =/

thats the one. That is a big :wacko: bike. I am building one for STRIKE army. It is for my 3rd company General. So whom ever's idea the Raptor is, I am shamelessly stealing it.

Well that would be my idea your "stealing" and I must say I am flattered that someone would. :cuss

The one I have images of is a prototype and I have intended to build another one - I have the parts waiting in my bits box, all I need now is time.

Maybe I can get the next one made this week, in which case I will document it and set up a page dedicated to the "(Velosio) Raptor" on my site. - Both how to build it, some fluff facts and some game mechanics. :cuss

I also love the other high-tech converted bikes in this thread and intend to make a few once I get the time, so if anyone making some now could document the parts and the process I am sure a lot of people would be grateful. - I know I would! :)

thats the one. That is a big :wacko: bike. I am building one for STRIKE army. It is for my 3rd company General. So whom ever's idea the Raptor is, I am shamelessly stealing it.

Well that would be my idea your "stealing" and I must say I am flattered that someone would. :cuss

The one I have images of is a prototype and I have intended to build another one - I have the parts waiting in my bits box, all I need now is time.

Maybe I can get the next one made this week, in which case I will document it and set up a page dedicated to the "(Velosio) Raptor" on my site. - Both how to build it, some fluff facts and some game mechanics. :cuss

I also love the other high-tech converted bikes in this thread and intend to make a few once I get the time, so if anyone making some now could document the parts and the process I am sure a lot of people would be grateful. - I know I would! :)

I will look in teh store and see if they got the eldar Vyper and how much money I got left this month and I may try to make the version I put a link to ...

and I will try to make documentation of parts as well as progress ... will see when I get my other ordered stuff first =)

On the subject of bike conversions, there was a link somewhere long ago to a great scout bike conversion that looked like a dirt bike almost, and was made out of a chopped up marine bike and some plasticard... anyone have a link to that tutorial still?

there was an article in WD a long time ago, it was on a chaos champion called Steppenwolf, and there was one version on bike and the bike was based on the bikes from Akira. it used marine bike wheels, with 2nd ed rhino hatches as hubs, and used pieces from the eldar vyper, but i dont remember what else he used or the issue number.

And behold!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/Dimreapa/Stepp1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/Dimreapa/Stepp2.jpg

EDIT: Right, thats the best I can do I'm afraid. If anyone wants bigger pics, PM me seeing as the ones on my comp are being dowsized on photoshop, I can email you with them attached.

These are from UK WD 144, from a guy called Francios-Xavier Ngo from the GW french studio. Steppenwolf is his chaos lord and there are apparently several models of him.

Naturally, this is inspired by Akira and the above pic covers all the major parts.

I was a few issues off what I thought it was - I thought it was 133.

Enjoy, hope this helps.

These are from UK WD 144, from a guy called Francios-Xavier Ngo from the GW french studio. Steppenwolf is his chaos lord and there are apparently several models of him.

I got an old issue from 91 that got 144 on the back ... but I think this must be an issue before some sort of re-numbering ...

it says:

'GAMES WORKSHOPS'

'White Dwarf'

on it ... instead of the ones now adays that got tha 'White Dwarf' in large letters ...

anyone got info on when they changed etc?

Archived