The AM, Mars, the Void Dragon, and Necrons

The Deciever's awakening is described in the Cypher fluff in (US) WD 280 pg 108. Simply put, Cypher woke him up. We're not sure how or why.

Interesting, I've never heard that before. And Cypher is supposed to be moveing towards Earth, right? Or possibly Mars, to wake the Void Dragon too?

The Deciever's awakening is described in the Cypher fluff in (US) WD 280 pg 108. Simply put, Cypher woke him up. We're not sure how or why.

Interesting, I've never heard that before. And Cypher is supposed to be moveing towards Earth, right? Or possibly Mars, to wake the Void Dragon too?

I never thought of that, now that's interesting

Cypher the Fallen: Arguably the DA's darkest little secret. He was around at the Fall of Caliban, and through his lot in with Luther. He is the most powerful of the Fallen and noone (at the moment) knows where his true loyalties lie, as he is not a raving Chaos Marine of doom. However, he was rumored to be the "Voice of the Emperor" during the 13th Black Crusade and he seems to hate the Dark Angels. What is really interesting, though is his Armour. Dark Angels wore Black PA during the heresy, yet Cypher wears the Green of the current DA chapter. Also interesting is he is "protected by a mysterious patron" implying NOT a Chaos God. He also has a sword he never uses - Rumored to be the Sword of Lion 'El Jonson. The big question with Cypher is is he the key that will destroy the Dark Angels - or their only hope of salvation, as has been heavily hinted at in recent fluff.

QUOTE(Wildfire @ Jun 13 2007, 12:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Aidoneus @ Jul 6 2006, 11:38 PM) *

Seconded. That is really, really interesting... but what does Cypher have to gain? Unless he is hoping to destroy Chaos, bywaking the C'Tan and therefore the Necrons and purging the Galaxy?

Cypher the Fallen: Arguably the DA's darkest little secret. He was around at the Fall of Caliban, and through his lot in with Luther. He is the most powerful of the Fallen and noone (at the moment) knows where his true loyalties lie, as he is not a raving Chaos Marine of doom. However, he was rumored to be the "Voice of the Emperor" during the 13th Black Crusade and he seems to hate the Dark Angels. What is really interesting, though is his Armour. Dark Angels wore Black PA during the heresy, yet Cypher wears the Green of the current DA chapter. Also interesting is he is "protected by a mysterious patron" implying NOT a Chaos God. He also has a sword he never uses - Rumored to be the Sword of Lion 'El Jonson. The big question with Cypher is is he the key that will destroy the Dark Angels - or their only hope of salvation, as has been heavily hinted at in recent fluff.
QUOTE(Wildfire @ Jun 13 2007, 12:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Aidoneus @ Jul 6 2006, 11:38 PM) *

Seconded. That is really, really interesting... but what does Cypher have to gain? Unless he is hoping to destroy Chaos, bywaking the C'Tan and therefore the Necrons and purging the Galaxy?

A swell guy, and humanity is stuck in the middle. Remind me to invite him to my next BBQ.

I don't have the US White Dwarfs, but I assume you're talking about Cypher's Heroes and Villains article? If so, that wasn't the awakening of the Deceiver - the Deceiver's Tomb is on Naogeddon, outside the Imperial borders to the north of the Segmentae Ultima or Obscuras, and there is no reference to Cypher there that I am aware of.

The battle with Cypher and the Deceiver is on Cthelmax, another Tomb World, below the galactic plane It is curious why the Deceiver was there - the Adeptus Mechanicus personnel that were taken were taken to Lyriax, the Outsider's sphere. Perhaps the Deceiver making allies?

If Cyhper is a good guy and if he whats to save humanity he better not open Pandoras box and unleash the C tan... They are as wores as the chaos god them self.... I see no logic conection why he or the empire of man would gain anything by using the C tans to figth Chaos...

They C tan will never settle for half... They need to enslave the empire of man to cut of psyic fuel to the warp if they what to beat Chaos.

• 2 weeks later...

That isn't. The Void Dragon hasn't officially been discovered yet. The only hints at locations for it are in the Necron Codex (one of the Eldar poems and the bit with Abaddon), which both imply the Dragon is on Mars.

As for the Cypher thing, I've got that WD. Give me a few minutes, and I'll post the relavent bits here.

Upon the dead world of Cthelmax, our Adeptus Mechanicus Explorator team researched the ruins beneath the fractured crust of this barren rock. Several previous expeditions to this planety had already been lost, but an entire company of veteran soldiers and a squad of Space Marines guarded this expedition. Upon our arrival at the site of the previous expedition, we were astounded to find a battle underway between a group of dark-armoured warriors and strange silver-skinned constructs of gleaming metal. They fought before a rippling gateway of jade-weined darkness as a being with skin of shimmering gold killed the warriors with ease, each langourous blow from its hand cutting a warrior down.

But I saw that, alone among the dark warriors, a single figure darted through the combat, fired twin pistols, and evaded every blow. As the golden being turned to face him, he slashed its torso with a shining silver knife. No sooner had the blade struck than it was wrenched from his hand and swallowed whole within the being's golden flesh. The sounds of battle continued, and a dark veil dropped around the combatants. When next I looked, there was no sign that anything had occurred. The area was completely empty.

I just did a quick look through my Necron codex, and can find no mention of the world Cthelmax, nor of the planet upon which the Deceiver slept. Given that, I see no reason to think Cypher awoke the Deceiver. Simply doing battle with a C'tan doesn't mean he awoke it from stasis. He might have done so, but there's no actual evidence to support that supposition. At least, none that I can remember.

Naogeddon is the best bet for the Deceiver - not only is it on the map in both the Necron and Eldar codices along with Pavonis (Confirmed Nightbringer's Tomb), Lyriax (Hinted Outsider's Tomb) and Mars (Hinted Dragon's Tomb), it's also featured in Deus ex Mechanicus with an empty sarcophagus (probably not dissimilar to the one in Nightbringer), with the Deceiver leading tech-priests around the Tombs.

Good call Mechanicus. That sounds pretty close to certain, as far as I'm concerned. So that means the fight between Cypher and the Deceiver was not the Deceiver's awakening, which means there's no reason whatsoever to think Cypher woke the Deceiver at all.

I have read somewhere in old fluff about a prophecy regarding Cypher.

It seems the guy has Lions own sword (broken) and there is a prophecy telling that when the sword will be reforged then the emperor will walk again.

The funny thing with the sword is that it is said that it was a very special weapon that actuly had a presence in the warp (a soul) and therefore could permanently kill deamons and sever the threads that bind the soul with the flesh.

If you ask me there would be no better "tool" to unplug the Emperor with then this.

Personally I belive the emperor himself is protecting Cypher so that he when the time is ready, can free the emperor.

It seems the guy has Lions own sword (broken) and there is a prophecy telling that when the sword will be reforged then the emperor will walk again.

The funny thing with the sword is that it is said that it was a very special weapon that actuly had a presence in the warp (a soul) and therefore could permanently kill deamons and sever the threads that bind the soul with the flesh.

If you ask me there would be no better "tool" to unplug the Emperor with then this.

Personally I belive the emperor himself is protecting Cypher so that he when the time is ready, can free the emperor.

Now that is one of the coolest things I've heard in a while! Ooh... such a good conspiracy! Gives me shivers all up and down my spine.

Now that is one of the coolest things I've heard in a while! Ooh... such a good conspiracy! Gives me shivers all up and down my spine.

Yeah, when I read that fluff I thought it was the coolest part of the entire background ever.

Kinda like something brewing underneeth it all, the broken-sword-will-be-reforged-thing so commonly seen everywhere else (and it works).

Yeah, when I read that fluff I thought it was the coolest part of the entire background ever.

Kinda like something brewing underneeth it all, the broken-sword-will-be-reforged-thing so commonly seen everywhere else (and it works).

And on top of that, it's not too much of a stretch to fit in the Ressurectionists (like the Thorians or Horusians), who claim the Emperor's essence will come back when a suitable host person (pure, charismatic, etc...) is found. Perhaps Cypher is just the person needed to sever the Emperor's soul from his decrepit body, thus letting the Emeror's soul enter himself! Things could get very interesting indeed.

Out of interest why did cypher have a phase knife when he was fighting the deceiver

He had one under his old rules. Not really sure why. But I guess GW wanted to get rid of it and give him just a regular power weapon, so they wrote a little fluff peice simply to explain away the change. At least, that's the impression I got from it.

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot recall where I read this, but i remember it from somewhere...but doesnt it say somewhere that the dark angels were the first chapter created...and that Cypher was the FIRST space marine created.

I want to say it was from Gav Thorpes Book..the dark angel book..but it was at least a couple years ago..so i could be wrong

Archived