Conversion: Adepta Sororitas Heroine

Veht

I don't have much difficulty, it's just that I'm lazy and the smaller font means there's much more atctual text per line (which does make it marginally harder to read).

In addition, the objection is not that she's looking off in a different direction (she isn't), but rather that she's looking at the sword and not at the enemy she's swinging it at. Typically, when you're looking along your sword like that, it's as a dramatic pose, a leadership gesture, "For the Emperor!" and all that. In that case, the argument is not that the sword will be in motion upwards, but rather that it will be held stationary for a second while calling her sisters to her- and as such, in the absence of other factors, the purity seal will hang downwards.

It would be a very simple conversion to switch the side the seal hangs from.

Any sufficiently trained warrior in combat will quite simply not need to pay any attention to the position of their sword at any one time, since they will have trained with it to the point where precise control is almost instinct: They will instead concentrate all of their attention on their enemy, and on their enemy's weapon. Thus, if the Sister was indeed swinging the sword downwards at somebody, it would in fact look far more natural if she was looking in a direction completely other than her sword.

http://www.thecatharsis.com/bc/tiny.gif

I 'm afraid I will continue to disagree with you.

As I discussed, she has a strength 3 (the same as a base IG trooper), so she isn't that strong, secondly, she is holding a two handed weapon in only one hand. This means that chances are good she couldn't stand still for very long up in the air like that. She's have to be moving in one way or another.

Imagine a snap shot image, taken right when the sword it at its highest, after swinging in a circle around the front of her body (just as a flag girl would twirl a large flag). And that is where she is, and that's why the seal is the way it is.

This is turning into a nonsensical argument.

The women in my army get to come from where I like and get to look like what I choose. With this in mind, I decided a while ago that they would be generally very small women. Small women can NOT lift an eviscerator straight up in the air. -Ain't happening-

Advice on this board is free flowing, which is great, but if the OP decides not to take the advice, even when they give a strong argument why they don't want to, they get piled. :)

Someone hand me an eviscerator so I can show you guys how a gal holds the darn thing. Then maybe someone would get it. ;)

Now.. if anyone has anything to say BESIDES the purity seal, my all means. It only takes one person to give advice, you all don't need to say the same thing in every post.

--Minor edit--

If in fact, she managed to not move, the wind would cause the seal to be flapping, or perhaps the air from her jetpack. Either way, I've got a few arguments for the direction. It is a "simple" conversion to fix, of course, but I don't believe it need to be fixed. :P As stated, I like her just the way she is :P (after I add some more rocks to the base of course...)

Someone hand me an eviscerator so I can show you guys how a gal holds the darn thing. Then maybe someone would get it. :)

Now.. if anyone has anything to say BESIDES the purity seal, my all means. It only takes one person to give advice, you all don't need to say the same thing in every post.

. . .

--Minor edit--

If in fact, she managed to not move, the wind would cause the seal to be flapping, or perhaps the air from her jetpack. Either way, I've got a few arguments for the direction. It is a "simple" conversion to fix, of course, but I don't believe it need to be fixed. :P As stated, I like her just the way she is :P (after I add some more rocks to the base of course...)

[/size]

Wow. I leave this alone for a little while and I come back to a slew of complaints about a purity seal! That and a threatening image of Veht swinging an eviscerator around. ;)

Just for the hell of it, here's another supporting argument. I can see a warrior drawing their sword (or hefting it from a rest position in the case of an eviscerator) and swinging it slightly forward while shouting something to the rest of the troops ("Charge!", "For the Emperor!", etc.) It would look very strange IMO to just hold the sword straight up in the air and stand there while shouting. There has to be some sort of motion, whether it be raising the sword straight up or bringing it over your head to the forward position to point it toward the enemy. Snap shot during that process, and you have movement.

Granted, this probably isn't the most helpful post and probably won't solve any of the current issues, but I just felt like pointing out that I understand exactly what you're saying Veht, and I think it makes sense.

The base has already been mentioned as a source of weirdness (for lack of a better word). Green stuff would probably be a good way to fix that. Just bulk out the top parts that she's standing on. Alternatively, you could add more rubble to it. Bits of plastic from sprues may be useful if you're going for more of a city fight theme.

EDIT: Fixed the quote thingy

http://www.thecatharsis.com/bc/tiny.gif

I 'm happy someone else can see what I mean... :)

I guess what it comes down to is, my tiny army lady is doing something, no one knows but her. I was lucky enough to sit with her a moment and ask why she is holding her sword. She told me she is going to chop someone with it in a moment, so she's swinging it down, while she is looking to the sky for guidance from the Emperor... ;) That's my story and I'm sticking too it!

I was thinking green stuff, Arioc says rubble, perhaps I'll do both. A little thicker rocks and maybe some metal garbage to dress it up. In person the base doesn't look as bad around her feet but it really shows thin in pictures. Might as well make it thicker.

I don't care if she can lift that sword or not, for me it's a nice conversion, the better looking I've see here that have a SOB for base... keep us informed, I want see she painted!

Ps: Finally someone that I have to call sister and not brother :D

Archived