WIP [fallen] Inquisitor Remus (updated, again)

thanks everyone. As I said before...I can't wait to get this guy painted... I'm going to be as patient with the painting as I have with the sculpting. Right now I visit the model every other day or so. To let the GS dry and any ideas to come to me. Yes, I am sculpting this from the seat of my pants.

I had a basic idea going into the beginning, pose, background, etc. The vials were a spur of the moment thing, the forehead and right cheek were spur of the moment.

Even now I'm debating between a man reaper and the plague sword. If it wasn't for how much I looooove the way the sword came out, I'd switch over to the man reaper.

But I like the way this guy is going.

I haven't even started on the left arm though... for that he is going to be holding onto his rebreather, held out at a slight angle. I'm still playing with the sword arm position.

It looks kinda awkward raised over his head, but isn't very inspiring held at his side. But with the new look of his face, it being raised isn't as bad.

I'm still deciding on a color scheme as well, and any freehand work I want to try.

Ok any suggestions on color?

I don't want a gold marine, as I hate full metallic models. I also want him to stand out against the rest of the armor and come across as an ex-inquisitor. So white is out of the question....

So I'm really stumped here. I see Inquisitors being either white or gold, so that makes it worse.

Hmmmm.....I think for color you ould go with a dark blue...with some rot and such. Maybe a replaced armour plate or two, painted the color of the rest of the army. Yeah...I think the dark blue, with a slight bit of gold borders/design/whatnot, could make him look VERY ex-inquisitor-esque. For the skintone, I think a very earthy grey would do the trick.

Also, as to your sword dilema, though it's not very inspiring for Remus to hold it at his side, I like the idea of him holding it at an angle, so that from the front, most of the sword can be seen.

Hope that I was of some help!

Master_Aerethos

Since he is a fallen Inquisitor, perhaps a Red and Gold scheme defiled by rotting green and rust would be a good color.

I think the skin should be an unhealthy blue tinge, like a corpse floating in water for a few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

I've decided to go with a white and gold theme since the army will no longer be death guard, but another army primarily dedicated to Nurgle, with a nifty back story.

This guy hasn't seen much work recently due to school and tests (college summer courses are a PITA!) After tuesday he should see a bit more work and the modelling hopefully done by next weekend!!

Currently, w/o pictures, the model is sporting the plague sword, and a powerfist :ph34r: and is looking quite the badass. Arms will be removed shortly in order to finish up some details.

And yes, this is a slight bump to the thread so I don't lose it, lol.

Cheers

• 4 months later...

wow *cough* have I been out of it :D

Just got done with a move and what not and getting my desk set back up to do more work on this guy. It's been awhile since I've touched him so I get to go back to him with a fresh eye.

After taking a few more looks at him I've been thinking he may be better suited to being an Aspiring Champion...but I'd really like to pull him away from that role and push him back towards the initial concept. So far he is unchanged from the latest photos.

I'd very much appreciate some new thoughts for this here fella before I get back to work on him.

Well look who's back from the dead (pun intended!)

If you really want to set him apart from the rank and file/AC's, you could add freehand to his armor.

You could also biggerize or embellish the details on his shoulderpads, or evem convert a suitably nasty and lord'ish weapon for him to wield.

In short, go large, go nuts. :D

Archived