Throne of Skulls October (UK)

Iron-Daemon Forge

Hi everone

With two weeks until ToS October ticket go on sale. Though get a topic start to see who will be going & what armies you'll be taken?

ToS is 15th & 16th October & the points will be going up to 1750pts this year. Check GW web site for more details.

I'll be going with few of my friends & be taken my Space Wolves again :FA: For the 1750pts, I'm going to add two units of Long Fangs (4x Launcher & a Heavy Bolter due to 20pts spare & nothing to spend it on really) to bring my standard 1500pts GT list to 1750pts.

Should be down there on the Fri & hope to get as many games as possible during the Fri.

IP

I've already built my army for this one, just need to paint it now and fast but should be able to have it finished in time.

I will try and pop down on Friday with our small platoon of gamers from Glasgow. It's been nicknamed Scotober round our parts due to the sheer number of Scots.

I will let you know nearer the time mate, would be good to have a game and a beer.

I've already built my army for this one, just need to paint it now and fast but should be able to have it finished in time.

I will try and pop down on Friday with our small platoon of gamers from Glasgow. It's been nicknamed Scotober round our parts due to the sheer number of Scots.

I will let you know nearer the time mate, would be good to have a game and a beer.

What army is it?? I'm guessing somthing to do with Terminator armour know you from the days...?

Yep sure going be a great amount of fellow Scottish gamers.

Like you said you, Rik & your lot.

People from GW Edinbrugh.

Me & five of my friends, one who move down to England due to work with the military.

There also the Aberdeen lot.

Already that over 20 Scottish gamers, majority (sp) I know from local tournaments & Throne of Skulls.

If you mean me for games. Need to see how it gose. Already arrange a game vs DaemonPrinceDargor from these fourms & possible my friend Graham. I know I will be aim to stay later for a few games like. Already said to my friends as not sure if they will be heading out for food & then going to there hotels. Just for me there a lot of people I want to catch up & there only so much time during the ToS you can get. Fri best time for me to get any decent talks with anyone realy.

Also a week & one day until ticket on sale.

IP

I'm not saying what army it is but it's definately gonna be kicking some arse at this Throne Of Skulls. I've been working on it for a few months and finally just got the last squad build and sprayed. I've got my mates Raven Guard army to paint then my own army.

Will need to get a game with you at some point since it's been years since we last played mate.

:D Don't worry I know you to well & terminators. You've had

- Deathwing

- Was thinking of Imperial Fist back 4th Ed traits codex.

- Sanguinary guards, may not be terminators but have a 2+ armour save & 4+ feel no pain, as well as being a small elite army

We'll see what happens on the Fri before ToS. Just all come down to the day, as said got a lot of people to catch up & I am aim to stay longer like April & not leave earily like Nov, as I rather get more brillaint games than be sitting in hotel watch TV.

IP

Yes that cool.

Blacky said he going down as well. Can't wait be like the old days & I miss his banter in Warhammer World :lol:

Right now I'll attend Throne of Skulls July. Take a month break from my Space Wolves, to try out my Dark Eldar army out for a little bit. Then Aug get back to the Space Wolves & play 1750pts only.

So far the army doing pretty well & has had some hard fought battles. I think game vs Imperial Guards in spearhead kill points got to be my most brutal game I ever fought so far that 1750pts for practise.

IP

Good ole Blackie eh, me and him have been playing each other every week religiously for the past 4 months playtesting our armies. He's changed his army at least 6 times since we started playing and I've kept the same list throughout. Think I'm starting to scare him a little.

If I can arrange a game with you and which store your playing in. I can travel up with Blackie or something one night and get some games on the go?

Good ole Blackie eh, me and him have been playing each other every week religiously for the past 4 months playtesting our armies. He's changed his army at least 6 times since we started playing and I've kept the same list throughout. Think I'm starting to scare him a little.

If I can arrange a game with you and which store your playing in. I can travel up with Blackie or something one night and get some games on the go?

PM you about a game. As said could do 21st that my gaming club (Thur) or that the GW store I go to on Fri 22nd July. Just though be better & for 1750pts games. As right now up to 1th to 18th July be 1500pts for Throne of Skulls July.

Thur my gaming club 6pm to 10pm

GW store open 12pm until 6pm. Be best 12pm/around then (basicly after I grab food)

IP

Assuming I can get the time away from Real Life, I was hoping to go to the October Throne of Skulls. I've wanted to go to a 40K GT for a few years now and would have gone last year if they hadn't have changed the format. But after a lot of people saying it's not that bad and the GW Events team have been listening to feedback from players, it sounds like the upcoming ones will be quite good.

Ordered my ticket online whilst at work (naughty me) so I should get it soon. This should be a good tournament for me, because my preferred method of 40k really comes into it's own at 1,750pts, as I get most of the stuff I want into it and maintain balance.

Plus I enjoy using 3 Dreads :D

Hell no, I didn't jump on the GK bandwagon like 80% of my local store has.

Al will be revealed soon, this is by far the nastiest list I've ever written and I'm one for making horrible lists that makes you want a kick a child in the face.

Got my ticket today also, but it didn't come with a tournament pack or set of results cards etc. Just my ticket and registration card to send in. Is that how they are doing it now then?

@ VAGABOND: a list that is implied to be small and isn't GK eh? I'm intrigued and intimidated by the evil concoction you must have devised! Hoepfully will avoid your list in the event!

Got my ticket today also, but it didn't come with a tournament pack or set of results cards etc. Just my ticket and registration card to send in. Is that how they are doing it now then?

@ VAGABOND: a list that is implied to be small and isn't GK eh? I'm intrigued and intimidated by the evil concoction you must have devised! Hoepfully will avoid your list in the event!

Tournament pack has to be printed off I belive while the rest of the stuff will be given to you on the day it self. It just so they know who defo arrive, have all the stuff ready. Was a really good reason behind this all, just can't rememeber. ToS July like this, just ticket & slip to hand in. But rule pack has to be printed off & the rest will be handed to you when arrive to Warhammer World for Throne of Skulls.

As to Ryan army, know him it usely included Terminator armour or so fourm. As long as I know him he had Death Wing, Laysander Wing, Sanguinary though not terminators they do have a 2+ armour save & feel no pain which will replease inv save.

Also there was that Ultwe Eldar army from back in the days. Also talk of a Scout Sniper army back in 3rd ed codex, before traits where release.

But overall I'm guess there 2+ armour save that least know him. It would not suprise me in all honsty. Any army with a 2+ armour save :D

IP

NOTICE:

Due to massive demand for the October 40,000 Throne of Skulls event the Warhammer World Events Team have agreed to run another Throne of Skulls event on 22nd & 23rd October 2011.

Watch this space for a release date. Tickets will be limited in number so get yours quick!

For those who miss out on the 15th & 16th Oct. There going to be a second ToS in Oct.

I think it a great thing haveing more tournaments a great thing in my view :) Sadily I don't think I'll be going to the second Oct ToS. More due to money more than anything else.

IP

@Captain Idaho - I'm pretty well known for writing nasty lists and considering this is my first GT, I'm not holding anything back in the way of nastiness, if you see a guy with a small elite list then sure to gimme a shout! :)

@IP - Dude you know me so well, I'm surprised you remember those Eldar Lists from back in 2003-2004 period. I'm not saying anything about my list on here because someone is bound to copy it and I won't be pleased if someone else takes my exact list.

I'm so geared up for this, I've only painted 1 squad and my HQ so far so I'm gonna try get it finished for when we come up to meet you in a few weeks mate.

@IP - Dude you know me so well, I'm surprised you remember those Eldar Lists from back in 2003-2004 period. I'm not saying anything about my list on here because someone is bound to copy it and I won't be pleased if someone else takes my exact list.

I'm so geared up for this, I've only painted 1 squad and my HQ so far so I'm gonna try get it finished for when we come up to meet you in a few weeks mate.

That fair enough & I can understand.

While my Wolves are mech, I do try to make them stand out from the normal & everthing I taken has been purely down to play testing, what I enjoy model wise & how I like the army to work in my style of play. I lost count on how many time people told me to drop my two Dreadnoughts, get me two unit of Long Fangs (already got them in 1750pts) & get two more rune priest.

End of the day nether of my two Dreadnought have let me down gaming wise. THey done both really well. Gaming wise they are able to hold up Inclubi or Bloodcrusher for exsample & from a model point of view they draw focuse to my army due to the conversion & being base on Wolf Guards, you have the yellow colour for that bit of brightness to my darken army.

The Long Fangs are being added to my 1750pts list as end of the day it was 250pts +1500pts list. It 11 models to carry so no worry about travel & just conversion. Where if I was to add another unit with transport or more tanks, it mean I have to carry more stuff with me. I already got a case for my four tanks, then my case for my troops which gose into my Apoclypse backpack carry my codex, dice, temp, etc... While tournaments you also have a tray to carry around your army from table to table.

While gaming wise I do need to extra fire power due to the way I use my Space Wolves.

Like wise I stick to Extra armour on all my tanks as end of the day I do not care about the pts. I do not want to be stop last turn from claim a object, I want to keep on the move as while I may not be able to fire, that least I can keep moveing & be able to use my Grey Hunter to get in assault. While model wise it show my skills from my NQ/HND model making course & show what I can do diffrent from other commission painter, what make me stand out from the rest due to my abilty from the model making course.

Like wise I know the experince of people copy a army list for detail by detail, happen ever time back in the days in the store. I lost count of how many people in the store did a Marine list exsactly like Stein after he won UKGT heat 1 2005, nothing had change to make them stand out, was detail for detail. I belive this stop Stein from useing his Marines for some time & he try out other armies for next few years before he stop the hobby.

It why in 2006/07 was a bad time in the hobby for me due to a few people copy list, etc... just made me jaded of the hobby & somthing I never want to go though again.

I don't mind if someone take a idea, change it to there own like. But to take a list detail for detail I know how you feel. It why I like the GW I go to right now, no one copy army list, everone take what they like & what suit them.

Aye I rememeber your Eldar all to well. Bare in mind though I can not rememeber telephone number or if I was to met up with you in Glasgow that a place I never been. I do rememeber stuff like this or set item. Back in High school I was able to rememeber 10 out of 11 item when we where tested for our memory. Reason why there 11 is due to them forgetting to put back a item. Also your Eldar fought my Black Templars when I was starting to get into the gaming side a bit more & was struggle to get use to the space of a 6 by 4 table back in the Hope street days as Max was trying to help me out.

Then last time I fought you was with your Necrons in 2005? with my Iron Warriors as Black, Simmy & Duncan where watching the game & all laught when I ask you what your favrout model was before killing him on turn 1.

IP

Archived