Throne of Skulls October (UK)

Iron-Daemon Forge

My army is pretty much finished now, only got the highlights on the metalwork to do and I'm good to go. Jamie we're leaving early doors on Friday morning to get down by train so I can play you when I arrive on Friday afternoon. PM me your mobile number and we can get something arranged for that day.

See you all in a week folks and happy hunting :D

My army is pretty much finished now, only got the highlights on the metalwork to do and I'm good to go. Jamie we're leaving early doors on Friday morning to get down by train so I can play you when I arrive on Friday afternoon. PM me your mobile number and we can get something arranged for that day.

See you all in a week folks and happy hunting :)

Hi Ryan

I'll see what it like on Fri, more what happen on the day as viking657 from warseer just ask for a game after I made the post on here last night, but he might be battle my friend Scott if he free for a game for a rematch since they fought each other during ToS April.

While I also got sgt campbell & DaemonPrinceDargor as soon as I get into Warhammer World, both ask a while (few months) back for there games & this will be only time I'll really only get a game vs both of them. As said more see what happen on the day as thing can change last moment, learnt this from past ToS since Nov in regard to gaming on Fri's.

Going to be down that Warhammer World around 2pm, leave here 9am. Aim book into hotel before going to Warhammer World so it make life easy for me & my friends I am travel down with.

IP

Were abouts are you guys staying, we're all booked up at the Premier Inn Marina which is near Warhammer World. Yeah man no worries, it was only a suggestion so i understand what you mean dude. We're leaving on the Monday so we might get the chance to play at some point but who knows.

Were abouts are you guys staying, we're all booked up at the Premier Inn Marina which is near Warhammer World. Yeah man no worries, it was only a suggestion so i understand what you mean dude. We're leaving on the Monday so we might get the chance to play at some point but who knows.

Yes I think me, Iain & Kenny plan to get there for 2pm, get me book into my hotel first. Get into Warhammer World, me get those games, catch up with people. Then we are leave right after the result are given to us on Sunday back home for 10pm. Just make it five games has help out, instead of being home that 12am or 40k double it was 3am Mon moring due to road work on M8 & no advance warning road where close off.

IP

On a roll, painted 10 termies, 2 vindicators and 15 marines so far there ugly very ugly put I'll touch them up after the gt.

Like owner, like models... ;)

Don't forget people it's my birthday on the 14th so if you about in WW that afternoon to early evening then pop by and say hello. I'll be easy to spot; I'll be the one drinking non-stop, dribbling and babbling incoherently.

And if you want to buy me a present, I've had my eye on a Forge World Titan for a while...

Around 73 hour until I'll be in Nottingham getting ready for a weekend of gaming. Also see Warhammer World will be doing a update thing over on there facebook page, which was seen with the WFB ToS week just past there.

Model/painting wise - After getting my Rhino marker & a Long Fang painted, I find myself make another quick tank destroyed marker today after one of mine became bit damnge & I find myself replace a one more Long Fang due to new conversion idea I had in mind & to update due to how well one of the models done during a tournament a week & a half ago.

Game wise - So far enjoy how my army play & I like the 1750pts limit allow that support of my Long Fangs. Just fought Eldar last week, he shot that my Long Fang unit with the token Heavy Bolter in there, took them down to a lone Long Fang arm with Launcher. In ture lone wolf style. The lone Long Fang ended up make the Eldar pay by destroy 2x Wave Seprants (sp) in cover, killing a Eldar farseer & cause some sort of damnge on other Eldar tanks all from round 1 to 6 which is not bad for a 25pt model. My oppent said he regreated leave that lone Long Fang alive due to the damnge he cause, was one object each & both focuse on defend our objects.

Just we agree he was my man of the match. While Eldar oppent it was his Farseer cause my own tanks trouble until turn 5(?) when he had his head blow off by a Krak Missile. Just was really cool & it thing like this it make me enjoy useing my Space Wolves, how each models has his own saga from somthing they done in game, that made them stand out.

So tomorrow going to paint the new stuff in my local GW. Thur be make sure the army ok, nothing broken off & then get a last min game vs Grey Knights that my gaming club before return home & get earily bed. Fri pretty much met with my friends that 9am, get to Nottingham for 2pm & get some games.

IP

Well 22 & a half hour until I will be travel from the North down to Nottingham. GOt my food & Hair cut. Now going to tidy up painting wise my Space Wolf army with the new models that have been adfded while listen to the Thunder from Fenris CD. All oppent I get, make sure to make this a bloody battle which will be long remembered in legend and in song (Conan the Barbarian quote).

IP

Yep hope everone has a good weekend for Throne of Skulls Oct.

Just pack my army, got my army list printed out for me, event team & oppents along with the ToS rule pack. Just waiting until I go to Stirling to get a last min game, then will be getting a curry on the way back home tonight :lol:

IP

Yep hope everone has a good weekend for Throne of Skulls Oct.

Just pack my army, got my army list printed out for me, event team & oppents along with the ToS rule pack. Just waiting until I go to Stirling to get a last min game, then will be getting a curry on the way back home tonight :lol:

IP

So looking forward to this man, I'm sure it's going to be an awesome weekend. Just hope I have as good a showing as April (or better actually!), but the atmosphere was so good last time it doesn't matter too much.

PM sent to you matey regarding my army list. Need your email so I can forward it in Word format.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/ToS%20Oct/DSC04074.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/ToS%20Oct/DSC04073.jpg

New saga to my Dreadnought Rothgar the Skald

From Warhammer World facebook site, news from the front

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/ToS%20Oct/297468_289311921088295_212614545424700_1182794_1272074868_n.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/ToS%20Oct/299084_289352361084251_212614545424700_1182862_1395477137_n.jpg

IP

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/ToS%20Oct/DSC04074.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/ToS%20Oct/DSC04073.jpg

New saga to my Dreadnought Rothgar the Skald

From Warhammer World facebook site, news from the front

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/ToS%20Oct/297468_289311921088295_212614545424700_1182794_1272074868_n.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/ToS%20Oct/299084_289352361084251_212614545424700_1182862_1395477137_n.jpg

IP

Ahaha! Love it,

How does a twin-linked las miss in every turn of the game?! Madness.

Am actually a bit gutted and a little disappointed with myself too!

I was the top Space Marine player all weekend (again) and in the last game I made a decision to be sporting instead of following the rules on deep strike mishaps, thus I ended up drawing when I could have won.

I ended up with 11 points whilst the guy who came top actually only had 2 wins a draw but got 5 bonus points for 3 favourite opponent nominations and came top by a single point!

At first I didn't care but when I got home I had time to think about it and am now absolutely gutted by my own choices to be a pleasant opponent! It's ironic me being sporting resulted in me losing out the top spot to someone being sporting!

No offences to my last opponent who was a great opponent and guy and I'm sorry I sound sour, but I'm sure everyone will understand losing out on the top spot because of such a thing is gutting! :D

The top SM player was B&C's very own Iron Father Rik and his draw was against me in round 1, a tight game that he was winning early on, I was winning on turn 6 and he pulled back to a draw by wrecking my landraider that was contesting his objective with his last shot on turn 7. Close, close game!

I can well understand why he got 3 best opponent nominations, he's a really easy going bloke with a very nicely painted army.

That game set the tone for my weekend. I had 5 good games against 5 really sporting players. I didn't win any prizes myself, but the 'Most Infamous Unit' award went to a BA terminator (owned by B&C's Daemon Prince Dargan) who single-handedly trashed 2 of my dreads to win the game. I signed the back of the certificate with a promise of revenge......I'll get you next time Demetrius, mwaah ha ha ha haaaa! <_<

Final result. Played 5, Won 2, Drew 2, Lost 1. One best opponent nomination and some very nice comments about my '80s Landraider. I only lost once and I won more than I lost, so I'm happy with that.

Am actually a bit gutted and a little disappointed with myself too!

I was the top Space Marine player all weekend (again) and in the last game I made a decision to be sporting instead of following the rules on deep strike mishaps, thus I ended up drawing when I could have won.

I ended up with 11 points whilst the guy who came top actually only had 2 wins a draw but got 5 bonus points for 3 favourite opponent nominations and came top by a single point!

At first I didn't care but when I got home I had time to think about it and am now absolutely gutted by my own choices to be a pleasant opponent! It's ironic me being sporting resulted in me losing out the top spot to someone being sporting!

No offences to my last opponent who was a great opponent and guy and I'm sorry I sound sour, but I'm sure everyone will understand losing out on the top spot because of such a thing is gutting! ;)

Ah, that's unlucky Idaho.

Still though, you know you COULD have won - so that, in itself, is something. I think it's tough to draw the line between sportsmanship and screwing yourself over. Sometimes you don't even know you've done it till too late.

Hah - reminds me of my friend at the last ToS, Playing Crimson Fists against Blood Angels. He's pretty much tabling the Angel until he starts shooting at the Sanguinary Guard. The Angel player says they have a 2++ (my mate knows they don't but thinks, what the hell, let's go with it) - aaaand obviously they go on to solo his army (including cutting their way through assault terminators, assault marines, a tactical squad and Kantor). An extreme case - but pretty hilarious. They put the result down as a Draw ;) very strange.

Jamie - that kind of skill is the kind you can do without, like my game in April's ToS against deathwing... a nullzone'd Belial survived 2 vindicator shells and 2 Lascannons - all of which wounded. Very annoying.

Pesky kill points.

I'm so pleased my Necrons have finally got an update - we'll (me and chris and the rest of the team) will be at the ToS in April 2012 (skipping January as we're all poor :( - or at least I will be after buying a crapton of Necrons ).

I empathise with Idaho a bit as that seems very similar to me at April, being edged into 2nd best BA by 1 favourite army vote. I was shocked when Rik texted me to tell me he'd won best Marine, as he'd been giving me updates all weekend and after his day 1 result (iirc Draw/Loss/Loss) I didn't think it was even possible to come top from that, but I'm happy for him regardless. Definitely shows that the B&C are putting in a good showing though. just wish I could have been there ;)

Archived