the BIG 9th edition room

Here is a summary of what people were saying from a month or two back:

Brother Adelard, on 15 Apr 2021 - 3:26 PM, said:
The rumours are pretty minimal.

First off we have the Warhammer Community announcement which told us that the Indexes released in the FAQ section, were to tide several chapters over until their supplements were released.
However, many of us are taking that with a massive pinch of salt, because last time we got a 'supplement' it was just Faith and Fury, which while being described as supplement tier content. Wasn't.

Next came the rumours from several sources, without pictorial evidence I hasten to add, that Primaris Helbrecht has been seen in the wild, and we will not be disappointed. (Well, unless you're a die hard firstborn fan I suppose.)

Those sources include Valrak, who is known as a good place to drop said rumours, but he's played it relatively low key.
Marshal Laeroth has also dropped hints that decent rules are coming, and he was spot on when he said that the Crusader points going down to 15 was not a mistake, and was validated when the updates came out and didn't update that coat, despite all the claims that it was clearly and wrror. Finally, Sete reappeared from his self-imposed crusade of exile to bring news that good things ARE coming. Sete has connections with a French speaking source, who appears to be part of the French translation system, and has been spot on about things in the past.

However, the timescale for that announcement has seemingly slipped considerably as everything else has been put back.

As far as I can recall, that's about it for rumours.

What we can surmise is this: There is no way that GW will let us just keep playing with a ruleset which they have given away for free forever. It's anathema to them. So we can safely assume that rules are coming in some form of paid for printed material.

This leaves three options as far as I see it.

Best option is a new Codex Supplement: Black Templars, with new models, new rules and crucially a decent fluff update for the first time since 4th edition. Which we desperately need to reconcile some of the issues in the lore, particularly concerning the role of Primaris.

Option two is a repeat of Faith and Fury, where our rules end up in a War Zone book like Charadon, and we get a token model to keep us sweet.*

Option three is we get an Index article in White Dwarf. This option would suck for several reasons, a) it means model support is vanishingly unlikely, fluff updates would be minimal, and it would make it very difficult for new players to play the army as the rules are in a time-limited magazine.

So for now, we wait. As we have done, for almost two decades now...

*As Reinhard as pointed out on numerous occasions, even a single new Templar model would be really good news for the range. At the moment out model range consists of regular Space Marine releases, an ancient plastic upgrade sprue box which is creaking at the seams, and a fair few finecast models. That makes our range very easy to cull. GW stops making finecast: characters gone. GW stops making the upgrade sprue: official flavour done. We are then no better off than almost every other successor chapter in terms of model support.
However, one single plastic model would signify ongoing financial investment in the chapter, arguably leading to more as time goes by. I agree with this sentiment, and really hope the Primaris Helbrecht rumours come true, as it signifies hope.for the future.

As far as I know the upcoming release is 100% primaris, I can confirm Valrak information. It's not a rumour dudes. It's legit.

It's a big release aswell, Valrak did say October, and I heard the same thing from my legit dude. I hope he does not mind sharing since it's already out.

Amazing stuff is coming. This is from me. The decade angry guy. I'm super happy now.

So my source gave me the okay to talk about it more, made a video if you want to watch it but I will summarise it here:

https://youtu.be/CkBGQdLCp2U

Looking at 5 new Characters:

Grim
Helbrect
Emperors Champion
Castellan
Ancient

Infantry:

New Crusaders
New Sword Brethren
Vehicle Upgrade Kit

Enjoy :)

So my source gave me the okay to talk about it more, made a video if you want to watch it but I will summarise it here:

Grim

Helbrect

Emperors Champion

Castellan

Ancient

Infantry:

New Crusaders

New Sword Brethren

Vehicle Upgrade Kit

Enjoy :smile.:

Aaand  this is pretty much in line with what you've heard too, isn't it Sete? 

So we got two sources saying the same thing :biggrin.:

EDIT: I'm just glad the ice has been broken on this. I've wanted to talk about it for sooo long now.

Edited by Reinhard

Grim

Helbrect

Emperors Champion

Castellan

Ancient

Infantry:

New Crusaders

New Sword Brethren

Vehicle Upgrade Kit

Thank you so much for sharing ! I hear a great warcry from all the crusaders throughout the world: NO PITY NO REMORSE ! NO FEAR !

Grim

Helbrect

Emperors Champion

Castellan

Ancient

Infantry:

New Crusaders

New Sword Brethren

Vehicle Upgrade Kit

Aaand this is pretty much in line with what you've heard too, isn't it Sete?

So we got two sources saying the same thing :biggrin.:

EDIT: I'm just glad the ice has been broken on this. I've wanted to talk about it for sooo long now.

Yes just like I was told last year. The veichle sprue is news to me tho,and I only heard about the Ancient recently. but the veichle sprue might involve a melta weapon Valrak? Edited by Sete

Grim

Helbrect

Emperors Champion

Castellan

Ancient

Infantry:

New Crusaders

New Sword Brethren

Vehicle Upgrade Kit

Aaand this is pretty much in line with what you've heard too, isn't it Sete?

So we got two sources saying the same thing :biggrin.:

Yes just like I was told last year. The veichle sprue is news to me tho,and I only heard about the Ancient recently. but the veichle sprue might involve a melta weapon Valrak?

Maybe, yeah

The old guard are going to be so mad about going full Primaris. That is the future however and I can't wait for it!

I only have a Primaris BT army with the old fine cast character models. Finally being able to put Helbrecht or EC in an impulsor along with BGV will be a dream come true. On top of that, be able to actually use our army to full effectiveness with the powers of Primaris.

We will be a force to be reckoned with!

So my source gave me the okay to talk about it more [...]

I did resurrect the "Next Primaris Reveal" thread in the main Space Marines forum if anyone with a toe in both Templar and non-Templar camps cares to give their thoughts on what this may mean for the generic line going forward:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/370307-next-primaris-reveal-or-release-speculation/?p=5711634

Grim

Helbrect

Emperors Champion

Castellan

Ancient

Infantry:

New Crusaders

New Sword Brethren

Vehicle Upgrade Kit

Enjoy :)

Does Grim include Ceno Bros?

Grim

Helbrect

Emperors Champion

Castellan

Ancient

Infantry:

New Crusaders

New Sword Brethren

Vehicle Upgrade Kit

Does Grim include Ceno Bros?

Yes. One of them is allegedly carrying the skeleton with the W from the recent rumor engine.

Also, Helbrecht has his own ceno bros