the BIG 9th edition room

I think Eddie just likes Templars, I think that there's people within the development team that like us and now they are being heard because even now Fire and Fury is night and day to compared to every other set of rules we have received over the years, in 6th they clearly didnt know what to do with our rules so they scrapped them, in 7th every other chapter got a supplement and we didnt until Gathering Storm and it didnt interact with our existing rules at the time the same way the other chapter supplements boosted their respective chapter tactics. When one of the 8th edition FAQ came out I remember sending an email to GW asking what exactly was our rules identity and F&F answered that perfectly and I would even say that before that our 8th edition rules were aiming towards this idea of a chapter that rushes forward to close combat in a way thats different than the others, so from 8th onwards I do think the people that have an idea about the Black Templars are being heard and allowed to implement those ideas and if the supplement thing does come through then to me it solidifies that impression.

1. laeroth has, indeed, brought this up in the discord server. more than once. supposedly he has seen work on a BT supplement but cannot say further.

2. I BELIEVE work has been done on a BT supplement. i believe work has been done on LOTS of books. but the releases are all behind schedule due to COVID, and the meta (and with it, whin... I MEAN, CUSTOMER DEMAND) twists and turns. who knows what the priority is.

very soon Tau, IG, Craftworlds and Tyranids will start rightfully crying for a codex as they get SUPER left behind. at this point, even necrons and marines are a bit behind, the rules of said 4  factions are super problematic. and they are popular, mainstream factions. i didnt mention custodes, knights etc.

so i wouldn't be surprised if the BT release was pushed well into 2022-and with 2023 statisticaly bringing us close to a new edition and/or a new marine codex, the BT codex will arrive very late.

conclusion: a) there is reason for hope that a BT codex is ready.  b ) there is no reason to get excited about a release being soon. 

I dont think that is true because you talk about a codex. If there is coming anything, then its a supplement.

codex, supplement, IMHO it's all the same. it takes up a release slot.

I think I'll get more points for it now, multi-wound elite models are worth killing for points now.

But now we get dunked on because all our troops are 2+w.

At the moment we already have problems because AdMech will be superior and Drukhari are right now. The gap between Top Tier 1 and us will be higher then before. New units which will help Marines are  more vehicles and shooty units which dont benefit that much from our chapter tactic. The units which are very good for us right now are more likely to get nerfed.

So I think Lightning claws, BGV and Attack Bikes will get a point update (increase) and many of the new vehicles will get a point reduction. Maybe the new Outriders too ( if its enough then they could be a thing for us too.

Land Raider get 20 point cut in CA. That is way to less for being even close to take them in any list.

And GK and TS get a new codex + a new box. It was my hope to get a SM vs ??? Box so that our supplement will come before christmas for sure and if a SM Box comes out it will be our time with a special Castellan and so on.

We are still on a good spot but I think our time to shine is maybe not as close at we hope or think.

Do we know if any of our other datasheets shifted in points?

Even though it's not an accident, still surprised crusaders are 15ppm. Unless tactical are set to follow.

Hopefully neophytes will be points efficient again.

Its not an accident. As I remember IN told us here that it was as planned.

btw.. think about how strong normal troop choices can be with chapter tactics like +1 to wound or +1 to hit... 

to have a cheaper unit is just fair.

Its not an accident. As I remember IN told us here that it was as planned.

btw.. think about how strong normal troop choices can be with chapter tactics like +1 to wound or +1 to hit... 

to have a cheaper unit is just fair.

It is about time Templars got a supplement or codex again but unfortunately for competitive play Drukhari and possibly Admech look like they are playing a different game to everyone else. Drukhari are running a 70-75% win rate which is crazy unbalanced and AdMech have a ton of tools in the box for both combat and shooting builds

Marines of any strip are no longer top tier but honesstly I am fine with that, Templars have been getting some solid results even with the basic rules that they have now.

The whole +1 to wound or +1 to hit with troops is nothing compared to the shenanigans that AdMech can pull with fight first or fight last widely available and FNP saves even on seemingly fragile T3 bodies and their is a lot to unbox yet with AdMech having so many layers of buffs and debuffs.

The marine codex is going to be looking a bit weak if this level of codex creep carries on so it will be interesting to see if they can add a bit more oomph to a Templar rules set without a complete rewrite of Codex Marines first

Seems for the time being, our points remained the same in Chapter approved 2021.

If our supplement was originally meant to come out in March as rumors claimed I feel like helbrecht would've changed in points?

And any additional primaris rumored units would've shown?

I have 3 conclusions, and stop me if I sound crazy:

Chapter approved is releasing way later than it should have originally (pre march and templar dex) and codexes are more delayed than the original assumed schedule,

Or helbrecht remained the same points wise as primaris, this would confirm no new primaris units for templars,

Or if CA is on time, Templars were never meant for march

All of this is based on rumor and some trusted information from you lovely gentlemen.

That hitting all Marine armies except Iron Hands. They were played with total different units.

But to be honest, it is okay to nerf the units like GW have done so ... as long as the new books get the same treatment but that is the biggest problem in 40k. The nerfs are incoming when other books and units are the way bigger problem and so you are even more hit.

How should we deal with the new Sororitas, Dark Edlar and AdMech. Especially SoB and AdMech were extremly good before the new codex.

I meant our chapter specific units.

We will be good again at the release of the supplement.

That's the pattern.

I'm used to being mediocre though as that was a big chunk of 8th pre codex 2.0. But that's ok, it makes victories much sweeter

Yeah I find it a but shocking that GW didnt give each chapter a new unit, BA got Death Company Primaris and SW got Sons of Morkai or whatever they were called but throwing a couple upgrade sprues to an existing kit could really give each Chapter some very needed flavor for their Primaris. Dark Angels are kind of halfway there when they give some units Inner Circle but they could have gone a bit deeper in my opinion.

So for us we could just get an existing kit plus upgrade kit to be something new or perhaps just a keyword that does something, like Sword Brethren Bladeguard and that means something in terms of rules. I've said it before but Im really curious to see what they do with Primaris Crusader squad if they do anything with it.

DC intercessor kit is just simply add a £10 sprue to £17.5 half box intercessor.

The sprue contains shoulder pads and 3 heads, but don't have any aesthetic change to the bodies, nor decoration/emblems to backpacks.

I would be VERY unsatisfied if someday GW put similar sprues in a box and call it "Black templars primaris crusader squad".