the BIG 9th edition room

French youtuber "FWS" said in september.

Not trying to discredit that guy, but September seems like the earliest guessable date when you assume that the stuff shown is released first and that GW sticks to their plan of one codex a month:

April: Admech

May: Sisters ?

June: Orks ?

July: Grey Knights?

August: Thousand Sons?

September: unteased stuff

Obviously I don‘t have any knowledge of their schedule or the order codexes are released, it‘s just a simple extrapolation I did a while ago when sete said that December would be quite late and I was bored… it also matches the rumored initial may release (and assuming 2 codexes a month) that was floating around in the other thread

Just my 2 cents

Edit: with the delayed admech codex it seems plausible that all other are delayed too, which pushed a possible BT supplement to October and is in line with valraks source

Edited by excelite

Pretty confident that black Templar’s will be getting helbrect, crusader squad, and potentially another hq and unit(sword brethren?) based on the rumors going around. The first, I’m certain of, the second, I’m confident in, the last two are hopefuls.

I could see Pedro getting a model if they re-release the original supplements, heck maybe Cortez instead.

We are just gonna go in circles here until maybe august when it's safe to leak further.

Which ones ?

He means Finecast I imagine. Its days are numbered as the eventual plan must be to replace or remove every Finecast model from the range, therefore I'd guess that if we get one plastic character, the others will probably follow, but I reckon it's more likely that the Sword Brethren sculpts will go OOP.

Which ones ?

He means Finecast I imagine. Its days are numbered as the eventual plan must be to replace or remove every Finecast model from the range, therefore I'd guess that if we get one plastic character, the others will probably follow, but I reckon it's more likely that the Sword Brethren sculpts will go OOP.

Yes exactly

Pretty confident that black Templar’s will be getting helbrect, crusader squad, and potentially another hq and unit(sword brethren?) based on the rumors going around. The first, I’m certain of, the second, I’m confident in, the last two are hopefuls.

I think Helbrecht only. The Primaris crusadersquad and Sword Brethren data sheet could be a thing like Space Wolves have their better Reivers and Blood Angels their Intercessor Death Company. Both examples are just tiny upgrade sprues. Something similar would fit perfect to us, to the GW politics and would be still enough for me.

@Adelard. We have still 2nd edition models in other factions. If GW will replace all Resin models then the plan is not a short one but a long perspective thing.

Edited by Medjugorje

I'm thinking we're getting a full reboot at this point. It's been said from enough spaces. So we're getting our entire character trio, we're getting crusaders, and we're getting sword brothers. Probably a castellan and maybe even a generic chapter upgrade too.

I realize this is very uncharacteristicly optimistic of me, and it may even seem a little naive, but there's this wild card in the background that doesn't get brought up as much as I think it should: The 2nd community survey.

Laeroth, another person I'm convinced is completely in the know, but cannot share as he wishes as someone's job may be on the line, pretty much collaborated on the whole "Yeah, this is all thanks to the survey" line of thinking.

While I fully admit that I hyped myself up in the past, only to be massively dissappointed when we got shafted, those times it was me assuming we'd get a character and upgrade sprue, because everyone else did, even though any rumors brought up never mentioned a model ever. This time I'm forming my expectations from the rumors, and I think its pretty safe to say that Helbrecht is set in stone, but that it just won't stop there.

I have to reiterate though, that I myself, have seen still not SEEN anything, though I'm convinced some people have :wink:

most leaks in 9th edition had come from the building instructions of the newly packaged boxes. As long there is no box for Black Templar specific units - the leaks will not arrive us as they do (at the moment for Admech for example).

Another character that I would have liked them to do as an action figure is Constable Draco, but in the Imperials fist codex he was considered "excommunicate traitoris" which to me is unthinkable.

I really hope that his "treachery" is due to a refusal to listen to an inquisitor who ordered him not to exterminate a population.

I never really considered those real leaks. I guess they technically were?

Nah, can't be considered a leak if it was contained within the released product.

It would be like saying McDonald's have leaked the calorie content of their food because it's written on the packaging.

And yes, the finecast removal is definitely a long term ambition. I don't think GW have made a single Finecast model since late 7th?

Another character that I would have liked them to do as an action figure is Constable Draco, but in the Imperials fist codex he was considered "excommunicate traitoris" which to me is unthinkable.

I really hope that his "treachery" is due to a refusal to listen to an inquisitor who ordered him not to exterminate a population.

I hope his story will be told at any time soon. A new model would be even cooler ( a connection with Spears of the Emperor could be a thing - BT are involved and working against the inquisition).

But the most bad ass thing would be a exterminatus or a destruction of a population via Draco. I like the Black Templars to be the bad guys. really.

I hope his story will be told at any time soon. A new model would be even cooler ( a connection with Spears of the Emperor could be a thing - BT are involved and working against the inquisition).

But the most bad ass thing would be a exterminatus or a destruction of a population via Draco. I like the Black Templars to be the bad guys. really.

I’m really looking forward to the lore in the new supplement, with Helbrecht crossing the Rubicon I want to know what the general thought of the Templars are towards the new Primaris.

1. laeroth has, indeed, brought this up in the discord server. more than once. supposedly he has seen work on a BT supplement but cannot say further.

2. I BELIEVE work has been done on a BT supplement. i believe work has been done on LOTS of books. but the releases are all behind schedule due to COVID, and the meta (and with it, whin... I MEAN, CUSTOMER DEMAND) twists and turns. who knows what the priority is.

very soon Tau, IG, Craftworlds and Tyranids will start rightfully crying for a codex as they get SUPER left behind. at this point, even necrons and marines are a bit behind, the rules of said 4  factions are super problematic. and they are popular, mainstream factions. i didnt mention custodes, knights etc.

so i wouldn't be surprised if the BT release was pushed well into 2022-and with 2023 statisticaly bringing us close to a new edition and/or a new marine codex, the BT codex will arrive very late.

conclusion: a) there is reason for hope that a BT codex is ready.  b ) there is no reason to get excited about a release being soon. 

Edited by MarshalMittermeier

If BT are coming, and they're the results of the community survey, (big assumption I suppose), then I can't really see them dragging it into 2023. Just no. 

As much as I've made it a meme that "xenos players will always gnash their teeth". It does sort of apply here. Time is short. Some factions will get left behind and players will be mad for it. Heck we've been left behind plenty of times. If models are ready though, a supplement has been announced, and its the only marine one missing still? (besides updating the other first founding again). I just don't see them going "oh well, this tiny release has got to wait, because otherwise the xenos that get left behind wiill cry too much". There will always be a faction left behind. I don't see it used a justification to delay this any further.

Edited by Reinhard

1. laeroth has, indeed, brought this up in the discord server. more than once. supposedly he has seen work on a BT supplement but cannot say further.

2. I BELIEVE work has been done on a BT supplement. i believe work has been done on LOTS of books. but the releases are all behind schedule due to COVID, and the meta (and with it, whin... I MEAN, CUSTOMER DEMAND) twists and turns. who knows what the priority is.

very soon Tau, IG, Craftworlds and Tyranids will start rightfully crying for a codex as they get SUPER left behind. at this point, even necrons and marines are a bit behind, the rules of said 4  factions are super problematic. and they are popular, mainstream factions. i didnt mention custodes, knights etc.

so i wouldn't be surprised if the BT release was pushed well into 2022-and with 2023 statisticaly bringing us close to a new edition and/or a new marine codex, the BT codex will arrive very late.

conclusion: a) there is reason for hope that a BT codex is ready.  b ) there is no reason to get excited about a release being soon. 

I dont think that is true because you talk about a codex. If there is coming anything, then its a supplement.