The Royal Awakening 2022: Prepare for Battle!

gallery_30308_9518_57090.jpg

Followers of the Silent King hear this! It is our time to rule again, to rise beyond our former glory to claim dominance over the galaxy!

Welcome to the Royal Awakening! The next three months, being today May 23rd to August 23rd, will see this thread host the main painting event. Over the course of this time everyone involved will have 5 vows where they can pledge any amount of units at a time. A vow must be completely finished before a new one is made. When making a Vow state which number Vow you are making, what the contents are, the Power Level, and include a picture of the model(s) no more than basecoated (except in certain case-by-case situations).

You may, of course, add more flourish to your vows if you wish, but the above is the minimum. (Those of you who have vowed already in the build phase, there is no need to revow ITT.) When you've completed a vow, please post a picture of the completed vow, and say something to the effect of 'I'm done!' so it's obvious to me that you are in fact done, just to make it easy for me to track.

The badges being awarded will be for the following categories:

• Royal Warden -- participation and completion of a vow.
  • Lord -- completion of 50+ PL.
  • Overlord -- completion of 75+ PL.
  • Phaeron -- completion of 100+ PL.
  • Scarab added to your badge if you paint something you built during the build phase

Use this thread for making your Vows and sharing WIP pictures if you like, bonus marks if you get in-character for your interactions. Let's see if we can beat RA 2020's total!

Vow 1:

• Spyros: Seraptek Heavy Construct -- 33 PL -- Complete
  • Lord_Ikka: Overlord, Psychomancer, 2 Plasmancers, 10 Warriors, 5 Flayed Ones, 5 Praetorians, 3 Scarabs -- 35 PL -- Complete
  • Dusktiger: Overlord, Skorpekh Lord, 10 Immortals, 10 Warriors, 3 Skorpekh Destroyers, 2 Plasmacytes, 3 Scarabs, 3 Ophydian Destroyers, 3 Tomb Blades, Doom Scythe: 52 PL
  • Kenzuburo: 4 Warriors, 5 Flayed Ones -- 4.4 PL -- Complete
  • Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch: 10 Warriors -- 6 PL -- Complete
  • Mithrilforge: Overlord, Royal Warden, Plasmancer, 2 Cryptothralls, Skorpekh Lord, 20 Warriors, Canoptek Reanimator, 6 Scarabs, 5 Flayed Ones, Chronomancer -- 55 PL
  • Anticontrarian: 2 Royal Wardens, 60 Warriors, 18 Scarabs -- 56 PL
  • Razed_Ruins: Lokhust Lord, 15 Immortals, 3 Heavy Destroyers, 3 Skorpekh Destroyers -- 35 PL
  • WrathOfTheLion: Royal Warden, Plasmancer, 2 Cryptothralls, Plasmacyte, 3 Scarabs, 3 Ophydian Destroyers -- 18 PL-- Complete
  • Grotsmasha: Shard of the Nightbringer, Shard of the Deceiver, Shard of the Void Dragon, 5 Lychguard, 10 Immortals, 20 Warriors, 6 Scarabs, The Silent King, 2 Plasmancers, 5 Lychguard-- 122 PL -- Complete
  • JaM_naf#6121: Royal Warden, 10 Warriors -- 10 PL -- Complete
  • Metzombie: Lord, 5 Immortals, 20 Warriors, 15 Flayed Ones, 1 Spyder, 18 Scarabs -- 43 PL
  • Sitnam: Skorpekh Lord, 3 Skorpekh Destroyers — 11 PL -- Complete
  • Brother Argent: 10 Warriors, 3 Skorpekh Destroyers, 1 Plasmacyte — 12 PL -- Complete
  • StormbolterAndChainfist: 3 Skorpekh Destroyers -- 4 PL -- Complete

Vow 2:

• Sitnam: Overlord, Technomancer, Plasmancer, 3 Scarabs, 2 Cryptothralls, 1 Plasmacyte, 1 Canoptek Reanimator -- 24 PL -- Complete
  • JaM_naf#6121: Plasmancer, 6 Scarab Swarms, 2 Plasmacytes -- 10 PL -- Complete
  • Spyros: 1 Catacomb Command Barge, 1 Doom Scythe, 1 Technomancer, 1 Plasmacyte -- 24 PL  -- Complete
  • StormbolterAndChainfist: 1 Overlord, 3 Scarabs -- 8 PL  -- Complete
  • Lord_Ikka: The Silent King, 1 Overlord w/ Voltaic Staff, 1 Overlord w/ Voidblade, 1 Technomancer, 1 Canoptek Spyder -- 43 PL  -- Complete
  • Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch: 1 Skorpekh Lord, 2 Lokhust Destroyers -- 11 PL -- Complete

Vow 3:

• JaM_naf#6121: 1 Skorpekh Lord, 10 Warriors, 3 Skorpekh Destroyers, 1 Plasmacyte -- 20 PL
  • Sitnam: 1 Canoptek Doomstalker, 3 Canoptek Wraiths -- 13 PL  -- Complete
  • Spyros: Skorpekh Lord -- 7 PL  -- Complete

Vow 4:

• Spyros: Overlord -- 6 PL  -- Complete

Vow 5:

• Spyros: Royal Warden, Plasmacyte -- 5 PL -- Complete

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

sml_gallery_9146_7882_40342.jpg

++++++++ Scanning....+++++++, Vector 247.86NNW...++++++ GRID 7Alpha++++.

++++++++Scanning....++++Scanning....++++ Positive Ping Identified++++ Awaiting Return...+++

++++++++Return Processed+++ DATA INCOMING++++ ...[buffering]>>>.....

+++++++File Complete... <<<<WARNING>>>> .... Authorised Clearance required....{please Enter your Authcate Code} : : : : : ?

++++ACCESS GRANTED++++...FILE DOWNLOADING... 2%...... 7%.....12%.... <<<ERROR>>>........................................

++++POWERING DOWN++++......REBOOT INITIATED....++++.

++++...FILE DOWNLOAD...12%.....50%...90%.... FILE COMPLETE+++...

++++....OPENING FILE++++.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

(Vresh 22nd Grenadiers- Scout Squad Argent) SitRep/ Grid7ALPHA.

: Whilst on a routine scout mission along the section known as the "Deadpass" Auspex scans picked up a massive energy spike Approx 1 Klick inside the magenta zone, members of squad Argent were dispatched to investigate, upon arrival at the estimated location of the spike

Argent squads scans of the Area found a sizeable force of Xenos Forces amassing Via what they believed to be a "Necron Gate"...Forces Documented include the Following -

Scout "VOW No 1 "

A Necron Overlord who was seen accompanied by a Royal warden, a Plasmancer with a retinue of what looked like 2x Cryptothralls.

Later on a Skorpekh Lord emerged from the gate also accompanied by a retinue including 3x Skorpekh Destroyers & a Plasmacyte.

Then a parade of a Full unit (approx 20) of Necron warriors with what looked to be gauss reapers emerged with numbers indicating at least 6x Canoptek Scarab swarms in tow, Just before the gate Closed the squad Noted a Canoptek Reanimator emerging from the Gate, the scout unit was nearly intercepted by a well hidden unit of 5 Flayed ones surrounding a Single Chronomancer hiding up top of the wooded area.

The estimated Power Levels of this force is an assumed "55 Power Level", We Believe this to be a "LORD LEVEL" threat and await further Instructions.....

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++PICT FEED+++

med_gallery_9146_583_891896.jpg

+++The Scout Squad found the Necrons Holed up in a heavily wooded area with a strange protective layer over the forest floor{were not sure if it's Alien ballistic weave: further investigations are required}+++

++++Continued Scans indicate the Necron Force suffered some Kind of catastrophic malfunction and returned itself into a form of Protected Stasis, All units bar the Reanimator are dormant but our scouts inform us the Reanimator is working steadily and we believe the units will be back to full capacity sooner than expected...+++

+++Pict Update++ Vow addendum+++

Also spotted During Scout Squad Argent's Egress was a Necron Construct That according to records... belongs to the Designation "Chronomancer".

med_gallery_9146_7882_232252.jpg

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Updated Progress Report incoming...

ID CODE - Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge

+++++++++++++++++++++++

01010101 01110000 01100100 01100001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101001 01101110 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 01100111 01110010 01100101 01110011 01110011

Update in progress...

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Updates to observed Xenos detected. New tomb world detected. Colors unclear... dynasty related to Szarekhan, further investigation required.

4KjR0ZL.jpg

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Alrighty then, time to officially vow before I really forget (I assembled and painted a Royal Warden AND Imotekh within the challenge timeframe :wallbash: before vowing them....) I have no idea if these will qualify for the Scarab badges, but they were all purchased on the 15th of this month, so all built after that time.

I, Grotsmasha, pledge to the Sautekh Dynasty the following warriors; 1 Shard of the Deceiver, 1 Shard of the Nightbringer, 1 Shard of the Void Dragon, 5 Lychguard, 10 Immortals, 20 Warriors, and 6 Scarab bases for XX PL (No Codex, sorry :sad.: )

gallery_48988_17280_428.jpg

gallery_48988_17280_8609.jpg

gallery_48988_17280_62398.jpg

gallery_48988_17280_28402.jpg

gallery_48988_17280_91324.jpg

gallery_48988_17280_118851.jpg

and for those who'd like to see the Royal Warden and Imotekh,

gallery_48988_17280_221027.jpg

gallery_48988_17280_65699.jpg

Late to the party... as usual:blush.: Although an Imperial at heart and a loyal follower of Roboute Guilliman and his redoubtable Ultramarines (They're BLUE you know:wub:), the Necrons were always a favorite of mine. They so combine the best feel of the fantasy/horror of Robert E. Howard and H.P. Lovecraft and the Old Kingdom of Bronze Age Egypt... when I close my eyes, I can almost smell the dusty dread of this ancient menace.

Over the years I've picked up a few models, which unfortunately are currently located in my dusty storage tomb. However, I do have the models from Indomitus, two Recruit sets and the Phariah Nexus box set. The Royal Awakening gives me the perfect opportunity to put a dent in this pile of shame:yes: So, without further ado...

I, Brother Lunkhead, for the glory of the Ahmutep Dynasty pledge to build and paint the following for my first pledge in this most august event:

• 1 Royal Warden (PL 4)
  • 10 Necron Warriors (PL 6)
  • 5 Flayed Ones (PL 3)

For a total of 16 models and a Power Level of 13.

Just finished cleaning them this evening:

med_gallery_49400_16060_654720.jpg

This will ultimately be a modest sized army for casual play as the rule of cool will dominate it's build. The general theme will be Canoptek and Destroyer Cult in nature. This is very much going to be a seat of my pants build and paint. Even now I only have a vague idea for a paint scheme... No doubt some C'tan shard will provide inspiration in some dream-quest of unknown Kadath:wink:

Best of luck to all of you in your pledges:thumbsup:

Deep in the mists, eyes glow and limbs stretch. The siren call of the Sarkoni Emperor leads rusted and broken forms to stumble, converging on broken spires and rundown monoliths. Scuttling forms bath the ruined legions in quantum repairs, only for the power of the unchecked C'tan to immediately bring about new decay. Nevertheless, the Haunted Legions rise up and move forward, called to battle by their AI overlord...

The Haunted Legions of Sarkon will answer the call of the Awakening. The Gesalt-Lord will awaken the following, with a 1st vow:

1 Overlord with Warscythe and Resurrection Orb (6PL)

1 converted Psychomancer (4PL)

2 converted Plasmancers, one with Quantum Orb (9PL)

10 Necron Warriors (6PL)

5 Flayed Ones (2PL)

5 Triarch Praetorians (6PL)

3 Canoptek Scarab swarms (2PL)

For a total of 35PL

All bar the Pyschomancer and one Plasmancer are in the following photos, they are being shipped to me now and I will add/update with their starting pics when able.

g49SyCR.jpeg

6lvGiee.jpeg

lVWgTHG.jpeg

u6J6Yoo.jpeg

Edited by Lord_Ikka
Mixed up Plasmancer/Psychomancer gear

Let's blow this joint:

I, Brother JaM, for the glory of my own dynasty AND of course, the Deciever Himself who wil hopefully FINALLY get his model build, pledge to build and paint the following models:

1 Royal Warden

10 necron warriors, armed with guass reapers

For a total of 10 PL.

gallery_8941_17449_54196.jpg

Hopefully I'll be able to paint the rest of my Necrons.

I should be able to reach 70-80 PL then. But it depends on my free time and how fas the bases will be done :-)

Edited by JaM_naf#6121

I, Metzombie, vow to paint the following Models for my first vow.

+ HQ +

Lord [5 PL, 70pts]: Voidblade

+ Troops +

Immortals [4 PL, 85pts]: Gauss Blaster, 5x Immortal

Necron Warriors [6 PL, 130pts]
10x Necron Warrior (Gauss Reaper): 10x Gauss Reaper

Necron Warriors [6 PL, 130pts]
10x Necron Warrior (Gauss Reaper): 10x Gauss Reaper

+ Elites +

Canoptek Spyders [4 PL, 80pts]
Canoptek Spyder: Fabricator Claw Array, Gloom Prism, Two Particle Beamers

Flayed Ones [2 PL, 50pts]
5x Flayed One: 5x Flayer Claws

+ Fast Attack +

Canoptek Scarab Swarms [4 PL, 90pts]
6x Canoptek Scarab Swarm: 6x Feeder Mandibles

For a total of 43 PL.

20220529 234256

Alrighty then, time to officially vow before I really forget (I assembled and painted a Royal Warden AND Imotekh within the challenge timeframe :wallbash: before vowing them....) I have no idea if these will qualify for the Scarab badges, but they were all purchased on the 15th of this month, so all built after that time.

I, Grotsmasha, pledge to the Sautekh Dynasty the following warriors; 1 Shard of the Deceiver, 1 Shard of the Nightbringer, 1 Shard of the Void Dragon, 5 Lychguard, 10 Immortals, 20 Warriors, and 6 Scarab bases for XX PL (No Codex, sorry :sad.: )

[snip]

Grotsmasha, I've gone and totaled your PL up-- so far you've got the largest vow by PL, coming in at 86 Power Level. C'tan, as it turn out, are large double-digit chunks of PL (18, 19, and 18 respectively)!

I've gone ahead and added the vows to the main post.

=][= REMINDER!!! =][=

The Board will be going down for upgrades very soon! Back up anything you think you may need or want from the board. And good luck to all my fellow phaerons as we paint through this time!

=][= Thought For the Day: Only the deathless can truly comprehend the burden of unfailing loyalty. =][=

Edit: Abhor the Typo!

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

On 5/31/2022 at 7:19 AM, Grotsmasha said:

Woo yeah....gulp

At least I know who I have to chase in this Challenge ... :laugh.:  (dang  it i better get me some C'tan shards or something to catch up to you... :tongue.: )

Happy painting everyone and yes, see you all on the other side!! :thumbsup:

Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge
emoji fails clean up

@ Lord _Ikka - Nice conversion with the Cairn Wraith?... all you need is some mechadendrites coming out of the bottom (not that it needs it but it'd look cool anyway :cool.: )

Also i see you drank that huge glass of beer filled with pickled onions :tongue.: ... 

Mithril 

On 6/1/2022 at 5:14 AM, Lord_Ikka said:

Ha, that was iced tea.

Iced tea with pickled Onions...even more weird ...:laugh.:  (i do realise it is ice in that glass, it just looked like tiny onions :tongue.: )

Good luck with your painting! 

I have nearly finished putting my models together so I seriously need that Retributor Armour spray i ordered to arrive.

Mithril 

Edited by mithrilforge
emoji fails clean up

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome back, all! I hope everyone was more productive than I was during our downtime, between being sapped from work and discovering that Halo Infinite is  a very fun game, I didn’t make quite as much progress on my vow as I’d hoped. Nevertheless, I’m looking forward to jumping back into things now that the board is back online and operational!

=][= Thought for the day: Be thankful for the work of the sacristans and techpriests who keep this site up and running =][=

I did get some more work done on my vow, the 4 warriors are almost done, the Flayed Ones remained a pain in the behind, though. But again, I'm making progress there, too. I will post some pics soon. :)

I also got my next vow delivered via Warhammer Imperium - Immortals and a Tomb Spyder. But first things first.

So I have a good news / bad news situation. You see, *technically* I've finished my vow, BUT the commissioner for these models has decided that they shall no longer be of the Sautekh Dynasty, but rather the Szarekhan Dynasty, and as such I need to be doing a little more work to them.

Oh, yeah, and they also added The Silent King, so please go ahead and add The Silent King to my Vow.

large.PSX_20220625_181037.jpg.d61b3e15e6971ecd1f4b287d0565ce97.jpg

1st vow for the Haunted Legions of Sarkon finished- 1 Overlord, 1 Pyschomancer, 2 Plasmancers, 5 Flayed Ones, 5 Praetorians, 10 Warriors and 3 Scarab swarms. Total of 35 PL.

I'll be working on building some other stuff, including the Silent King , but don't want to vow them yet.

DhEVz1r.jpeg

IzZop36.jpeg

POouPr8.jpeg

XwIj0qF.jpeg

dxpaVWC.jpeg

YunuEaW.jpeg

KkP6RAH.jpeg

McqP6kE.jpeg

idOxxyF.jpeg

i262isg.jpeg

Edited by Lord_Ikka

I will do a roundup on everyone's vow progress tomorrow, glad to see progress everyone!

For my own part, I completed my vow tonight! IMG_3146.jpg?width=894&height=670

Ten mechano-hybrid horrors ready for battle. I do love how fenrisian grey+drakenhof nightshade looks. Closeups under the spoiler.

IMG_3151.jpg?width=894&height=670

Squad leader

IMG_3149.jpg?width=894&height=670

IMG_3150.jpg?width=894&height=670

IMG_3152.jpg?width=894&height=670

IMG_3153.jpg?width=894&height=670