The Royal Awakening 2022: Prepare for Battle!

Okay, I think I've gotten everything correct. Please let me know if I missed anything re: new vows or completions.

I should make a new vow in the next day or two. I picked up the last bits I needed to convert some Flayed Ones, but if the temp doesn't get cool enough for me to prime I'll have to fall back on a Skorpekh Lord that's already primed.

Damn, I realized that I didn't post up my finished first vow. Here it is, for the Haunted Legions of Sarkon:

1 Overlord with Warscythe and Resurrection Orb (6PL)

1 converted Psychomancer (4PL)

2 converted Plasmancers, one with Quantum Orb(9PL)

10 Necron Warriors (6PL)

5 Flayed Ones (2PL)

5 Triarch Praetorians (6PL)

3 Canoptek Scarab swarms (2PL)

For a total of 35PL 

DhEVz1r.jpeg

IzZop36.jpeg

POouPr8.jpeg

XwIj0qF.jpeg

dxpaVWC.jpeg

YunuEaW.jpeg

KkP6RAH.jpeg

i262isg.jpeg

idOxxyF.jpeg

McqP6kE.jpeg

And if my 3d printed bits show up, I'll have the Silent King and some other stuff to paint soon...

Edited by Lord_Ikka
Mixed up Plasmancer/Psychomancer gear

New vow: 

10 warriors  (6 PL)

1 skorpekh lord (7 PL)

3 skorpekh destroyers (6 PL)

1 plasmacyte (1 PL)

Hope to get thme done before the 22nd :-) 

All that remains after this is 6 more destroyers, a hexmark and The Deciever Itself. 

Probably wont vow them because time contraints but if all is painted I am (finally) DONE! At least with the 'Crons.

All that remains then is some Nurgle stuff of myself and my son. Mostly mine though :-D We've already painted his.  Oh, wait... I have a fledgling Chaos Army with a Bile or 2/3 that needs paint. Ah well. That can wait until 10th or 11th edition...

Cheers :thumbsup:

Vow Complete!

Overlord

Spoiler

large.5BEF4661-F3A4-49D5-95D0-04004546AB14.jpeg.d165ba9b777b05152c432f5732748b4b.jpeglarge.52C9E9FB-B792-4749-9634-07CDD6BD0A45.jpeg.54ab4f9d0951f3178eab3388720e910b.jpeg

Reanimator

Spoiler

large.1861DCD0-5FC0-483F-BB5C-6013CA321B64.jpeg.ce72acd414c5504d4eee42de5c5c0729.jpeglarge.27473CDC-21B6-42DE-A7D8-B51FE02665A4.jpeg.ab62d6dd2675a0fa5982ae4889cfc1fe.jpeg

Crypteks

Spoiler

large.6ACA1BF9-9AE0-409C-B23E-78E9F4654028.jpeg.8011bd33515f1453d2760c3f761c3e90.jpeg

Scarabs and Plasmacyte

Spoiler

large.C37003FF-E0BB-4E01-93DC-0DF57B82E704.jpeg.6c1b072f9536fcb8d405612a052a9f41.jpeg

And for my next vow I pledge, for the GLORY OF NIHILAKH:

• 1 x Canoptek Doomstalker
  • 3 x Canoptek Wraiths

For 13 PL

Spoiler

large.B1428176-F353-4A68-928A-D9698C46061B.jpeg.59408a5a8c4e532547e41117e963f563.jpeg

Cant wait to get that Doomstalker painted. Easily the coolest model within the Necron range. If I expand this army more, nothing seems cooler then a trio of Doomstalkers following behind several phalanxes of Warriors. Also, can anyone let me know if my pics are too big? I cant figure out how to resize with the new format

And... let's not lose momentum!

I, Spyros of the Szarekhan Dynasty, vow to paint one Catacomb Command Barge (PL9), one Doom Scythe (PL9), one Technomancer (PL5) and one Canoptek Plasmacyte (PL1)  for a total of 24 Power Level, for the glory of our Infinite Empire!

The Doom Scythe was built in the build phase.

large.20220727_215946.jpg.c4f67d1c4e92f9e4dae4cb132003b649.jpg

Edited by Spyros

34 minutes ago, sitnam said:

@Spyros Truly beautiful job! Easily one of the coolest Super heavies in the game

Thank you! I 'm a basic battleready painter, I tried not to screw up. 

It does look awesome and menacing! You just have to treat it with care, its legs are relatively thin compared to other models.

3 hours ago, Spyros said:

Thank you! I 'm a basic battleready painter, I tried not to screw up. 

It does look awesome and menacing! You just have to treat it with care, its legs are relatively thin compared to other models.

Would love to have that in Plastic :wub: that would fix all its problems... hopefully.

great paint job Spyros, it looks very battle ready :thumbsup:

Mithril

On 7/22/2022 at 3:51 AM, Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch said:

Okay, I think I've gotten everything correct. Please let me know if I missed anything re: new vows or completions.

Ah, sorry, I failed to properly tag my last post. I actually finished painting my Skropheks and therefore my first vow.

In the mean time I finished the Plasmacyte that comes with the Skorphek Destroyers. I totally forgot to vow it, so that's one PL down the drain.. :D

For my second vow:
I, StormbolterAndChainfist, vow to paint a Necron Overlord and 3x Scarab Swarms for a total of 8PL.

Cheers!

Edited by StormbolterAndChainfist
Fixed typos

The Haunted Legions of Sarkon pledge more. For the second vow, the Gesalt-Lord pledges to paint the following:

The Silent King (AI mobile network) - 21PL

Overlord w/Voltaic Staff - 6PL

Overlord w/Voidblade - 6PL

Technomancer - 6PL

Canoptek Spyder- 4PL

2nd vow PL- 43

Total PL pledged- 78PL

I2808AU.jpeg

yjRrmrP.jpeg

p1Svkr4.jpeg

CxkQubJ.jpeg

fi3T4hy.jpeg

The Sarkoni Emperor has spoken.

Edited by Lord_Ikka

2 hours ago, mithrilforge said:

@Lord_Ikka Very nice, cannot wait to see these painted up , the Overlord with VoidBlade looks :cool:

But where's the Iced tea & Pickled Onions :ermm:... :tongue:

Mithril

It has been quaffed. 

Overlord was a super simple conversion- extra blades from a Lychguard kit put on the sides of the Tachyon Arrow gauntlet, shortened the glaive, and the shoulderplates from a Heavy Destroyer that was used for another conversion project. Looking forward to painting them, slightly nervous about the Silent King. 

Well, I've finally made some progress! After completely losing my motivation during the down time (waiting on the new Contrasts as well, Magmadroth Orange is amazing!), I finally started on my guys in earnest last week.

All the infantry there are finished, Scarabs have just had their basing "enhanced" (the white bits are textured awaiting a fresh coat of Wraithbone, not actually snowy) and should hopefully be done by Friday evening.

It's a very basic "battle ready" level, but the more I paint the better they all look! Now I just need to figure out where my second Warden and the last five Warriors have hidden themselves...

16601656309924378537349815913415.jpg

@sitnam I did. Been in a funk lately, unfortunately--might have just been Summer In General. I've gone ahead and recorded everyone's vows and completions! I see that I need to correct Xenith's assumption in NRBA that things are close, because clearly they are not! You've all been very productive while I've been away.

I have also prepared my next vow. Small, unfortunately, but any progress is good progress, and I think the nature of the vow is fitting considering my own laxness of late.

I, Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch, as befitting my madness, pledge to paint 1 Skorpekh Destroyer Lord and 2 Lokhust Destroyers for the glory of the Triarch, for a total of 11 Power Level.

IMG_3348.jpg?width=901&height=676

The Lokhust are secondhand purchases from a local shop and I think fill the 'mobile firepower' niche my dynasty's been missing for a very long time now. They'll pair well with my LHD once I get them re-primed and painted.

@Anticontrarian - wow very nice looking force, love the scarabs :wub:

@Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch - Nostalgic trip seeing those Glow rods :biggrin:

@Grotsmasha - Silent kings coming along real nice !! :thumbsup:

I need to work every night now to finish my Vow.... reading the "Twice dead King- Ruin" at the moment and it's motivating me to paint :sweat:

Good luck to everyone else that has outstanding Vows!! lets beat the Nid hordes with our own Hordes !!! 

Mithril 

Finished!

The second vow is now complete: A Necron Lord and a unit of Scarabs.

Finally my small Necron force has a decent HQ! Also I chopped up the scarab swarms and rearranged them to look different from the unit that I already had. :)

Unfortunately I'm unable to vow more for this challenge but I must say my painting output over the last few weeks has been well above (my) average and it's motivating to see what you all are achieving!

On 8/11/2022 at 12:59 AM, mithrilforge said:

I need to work every night now to finish my Vow....

@mithrilforge You can do it! :)

@Grotsmasha well done on completing that first big amount  :thumbsup:, The King is silently waiting for you to finish him :tongue:

I'm on Reanimation protocol extreme !! it's winter here and i still hadn't base coated the warriors till this morning...the sun came out before i left for work...spray time !!

NecronWarriorsWiP.thumb.jpg.6d020392ec67bda8b27581d2e5fd3cfe.jpg

woah..big Pic :eek:

anyways i've got 3 days to get these done to tabletop standard !! Thank the Silent King it's the weekend tomorrow :sweat:

Mithril