The Royal Awakening 2022: Prepare for Battle!

Finished up the Spyder, Overlords, and Technomancer, working on the Silent King right now- about 80% done, just need basing and detailing now. I'll post pics of all them when I finish the big guy.

Last night i finished painting my 2nd vow. Later today I'm varnishing and taking pictures! Hurrah!

The second vow brings me to 57 PL and I have a plan to squeeze a few extra models in a desperate last-minute attempt (typical Greek...) to get to 75 PL, Overlord level.  

Congrats to everyone and your fine work and those who are just finishing up their vows:thumbsup:

As for myself:blush::facepalm:.... In spite of my best efforts I can't seem to get ahead of the game and always seem to be in a last-minute rush:blink:

Anywho.... I've got some time now with what on the surface looks like a clean schedule to at least get part of my vow done...

1172885474_Royalawakening20221(2).thumb.jpg.9811619e28bb9fd8745fed6a46ba40c8.jpg

If I can finish this portion, I'll try to finish up my Warriors and submit those too.... Wish me luck:woot:

Ok, so with two vows fulfilled, I can try something extra. However, my personal time is very limited now and the days few. I 'm going to have to vow in small instalments since I don't want to fail one.
Here's the 3rd:

I, Spyros of the Szarekhan Dynasty, vow for the third time, to paint one Skorpekh Lord for a total of 7 Power Level, for the glory of our Infinite Empire!

large.20220820_204134.jpg.091185ddce91af185a7b3d2ad79721cd.jpg

The Haunted Legions of Sarkon have completed their second vow. The Gesalt-Lord activates the following:

The Silent King (AI mobile network) - 21PL

Overlord w/Voltaic Staff - 6PL

Overlord w/Voidblade - 6PL

Technomancer - 6PL

Canoptek Spyder- 4PL

2nd vow PL- 43

Total PL finished- 78PL

rb7VVn9.jpeg

FbbrYsg.jpeg

11lWkCt.jpeg

wTuVrt3.jpeg

RkH5B2E.jpeg

md7OvHl.jpeg

7zFqKUU.jpeg

uz4Hj2X.jpeg

NXxRSST.jpeg

Z7KtQF9.jpeg

Edited by Lord_Ikka
I can't add- 35+43= 78 not 77....

For anybody with an outstanding vow (which, at the moment, includes me, as i sit here wishing to Szarekh I'd never decided to try painting white), you have until tomorrow, 2359 local time, to submit your vows! 

I'll do a final round-up of who's completed what after that passes. Good luck in the final stretch, everyone!

OK, with models from my 2nd Indomitus set, time for the last trick...
For my 5th and final vow:

I, Spyros of the Szarekhan Dynasty, vow for the fifth time, to paint one Royal Warden (PL 4) and one Canoptek Plasmacyte (PL 1) for a total of 5 Power Level, for the glory of our Infinite Empire!

large.20220820_204207.jpg.e5b154b97887e44942123b08fb748f15.jpg

Great to see this mad rush for the finish line and those speedy completions!! 

I unfortunately will not be able to finish my Vow (I did the math and it wont be close at all) So it's a failed Vow from me :blush:...:mellow: 

It's still a win of sorts as I am well over 60% through My 50+power level vow, so yes I will continue and finish it and post it up in my plog/thread.

Congratulations to all those that finished their vows and "Slayed the Grey" :thumbsup: 

Good Luck Grotsmasha !!! :thumbsup:

Mithril  

Alright, coming in at the end, but finished up my first vow. There's a few extra scarab swarms I found in there too, just painted them anyways during the batch painting grind.

cOiAJD4.jpg

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

IMG_3376.jpg

Once, I might have been inclined to mercy, or at least a proper treatment according to the ancient codes.... 

No longer. 

IMG_3377.jpg
IMG_3378.jpg 

Really proud of how I managed the Lord's weapons here, actually... used a pin to do the wash on the cleaver and a chrome pen plus some edge highlighting on the claw for a more brutal look. 

IMG_3379.jpg

If you notice the flag, there's a story behind that, but for another time perhaps... For rescues I think the two lokhust turned out pretty good!

Wow, okay, I got my 4 warriors done, as well as 2 of the Flayed Ones. I only need to finish the skin of the last 3 Flayed Ones to finish my mini vow. I'm trying my best even though the heat hasn't gone and is still in full force. Usually I wouldn't paint at all during these temperatures because it will screw up paintjobs big time, but a vow is a vow. 

So I hope to see all of you beyond the finish line tonight. :) Best of luck to everyone!