+++ Unforgiven but not Unknown +++

Isiah

[b]Name:[/b] Storm Dragon's 3rd Company

[b]Age:[/b] 40's

[b]Country/State:[/b] U.S.A./IL/St. Louis Area

[b]Time spent in hobby:[/b] Intermittently since 2000 (3rd Ed.)

[b]Armies collected:[/b] White Templars (SM); Disciples of Caliban (DA); The Wicked Company (CSM); & the Kabal of the Malevolent Storm (DE)

[b]Make your mark:[/b] As you see, I seem to have developed extensive collections of Marine based armies; this was partly due to me not being able to decide on a color scheme.  For a while in third I had some vanilla marines and also ran a Salamander successor out of the Armageddon book in 3rd Ed.  That successor was patterned in green and black and when the last edition of the DA 'dex came out with the Disciples of Caliban in it, I decided they would be Disciples.  That just made slightly better sense than having two vanilla Space Marine armies.  That's how I came to be a Dark Angel player.  The trick was coming up with some fluff reason why my particular company of Disciples used snot green over Dark Angel Green other than to say the guy who painted the armor does not think DA Green give enough contrast with the black.  So far, it's been a lot of fun; I'm really enjoying the whole shamed knights aspect of the chapter.

Name: Martin Jones
Country: United Kingdoms of Great Britain and Northen Ireland (UK)
Time spent in hobby: 4 Years First Time Round, 3 Years This time round (So Far)
Armies collected: Space Wolves, Tau Empire, Dark Angels
Make your mark: So I've been collecting before while at school playing in the school league systems from 2nd and 3rd edition. Then i stopped and now i'm back into it again.

I have terrible ADD when it comes to armies and i really could do with not being such a tight ass and get my armies painted for me so i might have at least 1 finished force. My latest project is going to be my attempt as I'm going to have a lot less models with my Ravenwing Army.

Name: darkangel1030

Country/State: New Jersey USA

Occupation: Apple cider production, dad to my 3 year old daughter.

Time spent in hobby: 3 years with the hobby, I've been into the fluff and BL books for longer.

Armies collected: Dark Angels, Scions of Horkos(DA homebrew), Blood Drinkers

Make your mark: I like to paint, but am pitifully slow getting models done.

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Sado-kahn
Country/State: United States, Georgia
Time spent in hobby: I just started

Armies collected: Dark Angels, Chaos Marines: I just picked up the Dark Vengeance kit from GW. For the future, expanding Dark Angels, picking up Tau and Necros.

Make your mark: I know I probably did this wrong in some way, I was never very good with computer stuff. Anyways, needed a new hobby, and I remember my brother doing this back in high school. It occured to me that I could use some time in an artistic way, so I looked into this first. Decided I liked the idea, and here I am. I've been jumping all over Google for techniques in painting, color schemes and the like. I ran into B&C, decided to become a member, and here we all are. I've had the vengeance kit for about four days now, so it's a work in progress. But I do have everything I need to get the ball rolling.

Name: Primacy
Country/State: USA

Time Spent with Hobby: Approx. 1 year

Armies Collected: Dark Angels

Make Your Mark: I was first introduced to 40k in my very early teens. I fell instatly and maddly in love. The universe, more than anything, intrigued me and interested me more than anything I had encountered before (with the exception of the Lord of the Rings). I came to adore the Dark Angels above all others, mostly for their dark, secretive, cult-like idiosyncrasies. Since then, I took something of a hiatus. I was too busy during my highschool years (14-18) and didn't get to play or collect. Money was tight, and I didn't have anyone to play with besides. I never stopped reading Black Library's fiction during that time. I finally was able to pick the game up again in college, and have once again attempted to throw myself into the defense of humanity from the cursed xenos. By any means necessary. Thank you for the warm welcome this far.

Carry on!

Primacy

Name: InstantKarma

Country/State: United States, Virginia

Time spent in hobby: 18 years, started playing in good ole 2nd Edition rules. Wow have things changed!

Armies collected: Eldar (2nd Ed), Dark Eldar & Orks (3rd Ed), Tau (3rd Ed to Current, my bread and butter currently),

Blood Angels (5th Ed)

Make your mark: I have 2 Dark Vengence Box sets worth of DAs and damnit I intended to get a DA army started!

Also most problems in 40k can be solved with overwhelming fire power and as little CC as possible!

Name: xedoc
Country/State: Singapore
Time spent in hobby: Just started (< 1 Month)
Armies collected: Dark Angels
Make your mark: Got the idea from  my brother, he wants to start with Space Wolves. Started reading the back stories and got interested in Dark Angels as they have a rivalry with Space Wolves, so kinda like him and me got a rivalry. Still learning the game though but managed to finish Seraphicus and his Interrogator Squad (5 Assault and 5 Tactical). 

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Elijah

Country/State: United States, North Carolina

Time spent in hobby: About a year now as far as miniature collecting goes, I only recently started playing Dark Angels/40k though (about 3 months I think)

Armies collected: Originally I had an Empire army but I sold that in order to fund more Dark Angels, I'm expecting to have around 1k-1.25k points in two weeks. I'm also hoping to start collecting a Dark Elves army for WHFB, but I want to finish my DAs first.

Make your mark: I have an unfortunate hatred of painting. I don't generally like to do things I'm not very good at and painting is one of them, but I figured I would actually try and paint my miniatures on my own this time... at least some of them. I mostly play 40k/Fantasy for the game, not so much for collecting or painting (Though I do like the models a lot). I enjoy DA/HH Fluff, though I've yet to get into any of the books outside of the codexes and 40k wiki articles.

Nicolas 
USA, AR (for now)
USAF
Since 2008
First army was Black Templar but i switched over to the First Legion because of the fluff and the different armies in one codex. I plan on building up another Dark Angel army soon.
This Is an escape for me and this hobby is something i have wanted to get back to for a long time.

Name:Vladimir
Country/State: Ukraine
Time spent in hobby: since 2012
Armies collected: Dark Angels, Iron Hands
Make your mark: Started DA from Vengeance, at first it was kinda hard to find someone to play with, as there is no hobby centers or something alike, but soon i find out that there are actually very active Wargaming clubs in Kiev, Ukraine, so now im really happy. :smile.:

After new SM codex realised that DA are one of the best aliies for any SM, so im still in love with DA :smile.:

Name: Jeffrey Visser
Time spent in hobby: 6 years
Armies collected: Marines
Make your mark: Big MMA fan and fighter. Oh yeah and before I forget, For Luther!

• 2 months later...

[b]Name:[/b] Battle Brother Urael
[b]Age:[/b] 39 Terran Standard
[b]Country/State:[/b]USA, Waco Texas
[b]Occupation:[/b]Transportation
[b]Time spent in hobby:[/b] Many years ago
[b]Armies collected:[/b] Dark Angels, And several mini projects
[b]Make your mark:[/b] *something clever and witty*

Had not seen this topic yet so here goes:

Name: Cyfax
Country/State: The Netherlands
Time spent in hobby: ~3-4 years
Armies collected: Dark Angels, Ultramarines, Orks
Make your mark: Started the hobby with my brother at first (and still) mainly for the painting part, by building and painting an Ultramarines and Orks army. But Dark Angels always had my interest due to the great colour scheme, options for conversion with the different kits and the great fluff, so the choice was easy when the Dark Vengeance box (and not too long afterwards the new DA Codex) was released. I then started my Dark Angels, and have been building (and enjoying!) it ever since. Lately we have been starting to play a bit more instead of just painting, so I'm just getting more and more into the hobby I guess.

I've been lurking around the forums for a while now and noticed the Currus Belli event, which is when I decided to join the fun and report for duty on the (B&C) Rock.

• 1 year later...

Name: Tygwyn (Mark to my mother and wife)

Country/State: UK, Hapmshire

Time spent in hobby: About a year his time round! (Had a DA army back in 2nd though)

Armies collected: Dark Angels, working on a Ravenwing force when I get the time.

Make your mark: Deeply regretting selling off my Dark Angels from 2nd (impetuous teenager), but at least now I can just about afford this crazy Hobby of ours! Enjoying 'teaching' my 6 year old son all about it too. It's great to be back though.

• 4 months later...

Name: Space Truckin (was on 70s space rock kick at the time)
Country/State: US Virgin Islands
Time spent in hobby: 2+ years this time round
Armies collected: Dark Angels, Orks, Some Black Legion
Make your mark: Played a little bit in college - 93-94ish  then was talking to the wife about a few board games  - or some way to have fun and rest my eyes from staring at a computer all day. There isn't much to do at night here except drink lots of rum. Soooo...This was the rediscovery of Space Hulk. Spent a ridiculous amount on ebay for the 3rd ed set.  Space Hulk turned into small kill teams games ( we play massive 100pt games! ) - hoping to build up to a HoR campaign when work calms down a bit.  The game is much more enjoyable for me at small points levels.  New models and rules changes have less of an impact.

Name: plasmaspam
Country/State: Glasgow, UK
Time spent in hobby: started when I was 13 with Epic, moved on to Rogue Trader.  Bit of a sabbatical during my uni years due to lack of spare time and funds, but got back in with 5th edition.
Armies collected: Dark Angels, Night Lords, Saim-Hann
Make your mark: I'm a sci-fi and superhero geek, and vigorously defend the lessons that these genre can teach the modern world through analogy and example.  Am also heavily into all forms of rock and metal, bands like Soundgarden, Metallica, and Type O Negative - Donington is my spiritual home!  Am very grateful to have befriended Augustus b'Raass on this forum through our shared love of Type O Negative, only other person i've ever spoken to who likes them!

Name: Amnesiadidit
Country/State: United States, Idaho
Time spent in hobby: 4 years, started when I was in the army, had a small break but coming back to the one Chapter that has always been my favorite
Armies collected: Dark Angels. Previously tried CSM, CD, Tau, DE, Orks, and BT. But after all that DA is the only one I keep coming back to
Make your mark: Video Game, Sci Fi, Fantasy, Table top, MtG and so much more. A jack of all trades in all I do in life, was in the U.S Infantry for 5 years and got out to study engineering and be apart of making my sci fi dreams reality. Currently developing a home brew tabletop game for the universe of marvel. 

Glad to see folks using this topic again :). At one time it was pinned at the top of the forum where it was much easier to find.

It would be great if anyone who hasn't already previously contributed would add themselves to this body of Unforgiven for posterity :yes:

Name:  Epher, meaning dust and it is kind of my own take on Belial which means worthless. 

( I was thinking of going with "The Grand Master of Death by Bolter Fire Under the BoD" but I think that would have been over the top)

Age = Current Year - 1979

Time in Hobby: ~1 year

Armies Collected:  First Legion!  Dark Angels all the way!

Make Your Mark: I grew up on Atari, classic Risk and Battletech.  Although most of the pieces are lost from my original risk board, I still use two translucent red dice from it.  Now for fun, other than 40k, it's Arduino robotic shenanigans and I am working on a wearable Iron Man suit.  I got into 40k for two reasons.  The first is a means to relax, I like painting at the end of a long day.  Break out the minis and throw on some RATM, Korn, Rammstein or even some wobbly bass dubstep! Second, it will be something my son and I can do together as he gets older.  He's five and is leaning towards the pull of Chaos.

Name:  Epher, meaning dust and it is kind of my own take on Belial which means worthless. 

( I was thinking of going with "The Grand Master of Death by Bolter Fire Under the BoD" but I think that would have been over the top)

Age = Current Year - 1979

Time in Hobby: ~1 year

Armies Collected:  First Legion!  Dark Angels all the way!

Make Your Mark: I grew up on Atari, classic Risk and Battletech.  Although most of the pieces are lost from my original risk board, I still use two translucent red dice from it.  Now for fun, other than 40k, it's Arduino robotic shenanigans and I am working on a wearable Iron Man suit.  I got into 40k for two reasons.  The first is a means to relax, I like painting at the end of a long day.  Break out the minis and throw on some RATM, Korn, Rammstein or even some wobbly bass dubstep! Second, it will be something my son and I can do together as he gets older.  He's five and is leaning towards the pull of Chaos.

Rage and Rammstein - I doff my cap to you good sir!

Name: Ulfgrim (Old Norse meaning "wolf face")

Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA.  Grew up in Buffalo, NY - snow like you cannot imagine.

Occupation: Semi-retired.  Previously a technician on a cardiac unit of a hospital, decided to cash in, take the summer off and decide to do something different after my grandson is born in September.

Time in Hobby: 27+ years in 40K, 34 years in gaming

Armies Collected: Dark Angels (since March), Space Wolves (since RT), starting an allied Crimson Fists detachment.

Make Your Mark: I've won awards in the USA & Canada for my miniature painting, and am actually a published game writer, having had a supplement published for Battlelords of the 23rd Century.  It only made me a little money but I can say I've done it professionally!  Designed a mod for Desert Combat (itself a total conversion for Battlefield 1942) that allowed other modders to change the textures and terrain of the models and opened a whole new world of mods for the game.  Was part of the texture team for the XWW2 (Experience World War II) mod for BF1942.  Former long-time moderator for the official Day of Defeat forums.  Used to be friends with Sam Lewis (president of FASA) and hung out with him and his lovely partner Jill at cons.

Gaming-wise, I've played all kinds of stuff since my first D&D box set in 1981.  Career-wise, I'm a "jerk of all trades" having done everything from pizza delivery, to security, to military law enforcement, to health care.  I'm enjoying a summer of painting my army, playing games and relaxing with a drink.

• 2 weeks later...

Name: OthnielsBlade

Country/State: Manitoba
OccupationManage a kitchen refacing shop; former RCAF
Time spent in hobby: Since Oct 2014
Armies collectedDark Angels
Make your markGrew up in Europe and west Africa, as well as North America, now stuck in the Prairies. Other distractions include: live sound/presentation, playing guitar and bass,finishing up my PPL, and getting ready for my firstborn to arrive.

Name: WellSpokenMan

Country/State: Minnesota, USA

Time spent in hobby: 5 years or so
Armies collected: Dark Angels, Imperial Guard
Make your mark: I gave up (mostly) video games and decided to do something tangible with my free time.  I bought a couple boxes of Guard and then bought Dark Vengeance.  I do other stuff as well, like brewing beer, playing the bass, and blogging.  Most of time is spent obsessing over little plastic army men, though.

Name DSS7

State: MI

Time spent in Hobby 1986

Armies collected: Death Spectres,AOV,AOR, DA,Red Scorpions,hammers of Dorn,Celestial Lions, Excoriators,Angels Sanguine, Marines Errant, Rainbow Warriors,Black Guard,Minotaurs,Sharks,BA,Blood Drinkers, Flesh Tearers,and a few others.

Make your Mark: Want to do at least 200 Chapters before I Kick out.

• 1 month later...

Name: Lostrael

Country/State: Berlin, Germany

Time spent in hobby: 7 years Pen & Paper, 4 years Tabletop

Armies collected: Dark Angels (>5000), Dark Eldar (1700pts), some Harlequins and Grey Knights

I started playing Warhammer 40k as pen & paper role play - Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader and Deathwatch. I think my addiction to Dark Angels started when I created a Dark Angel Apothecary for a Deathwatch adventure.  Soon after that I brought my first Bike Squad.

Archived