+++ Unforgiven but not Unknown +++

Isiah

Name: Abhorash

Country/State: USA

Time spent in hobby: 4 years started gaming this past year.

Armies collected: Deathwing and Dark Angels 3rd company.

Make your mark: I may lose quite a few of my games but DA fluff is still the best.

Name:Master Malachai

Country/State:Mississippi USA

Time spent in hobby:one year kinda

Armies collected:Dar Angels 3rd company BFG DA Fleet and starting an IG army soon.

Started playing in the mid 90,s but only played a few games.Just started playing again this year.

Didn't see this bit folks (title's a bit cryptic).

Name: Dave Hartland

Country/State: South Wales, UK

Time spent in hobby: On and off 22 years

Armies collected: Dark Angels

Make your mark: Got into Games Workshop stuff through Space Crusade and Heroquest, moved onto Space Hulk and later Necromunda. Always wanted to get into 40k but only got as far as getting a few miniatures in my early teens and had no one to play against anyway. I've kept an eye on GW type things since then but only as a passing interest. After playing Dawn Of War and recently seeing the previews for Spae Marine I got sucked back in and I've taken the plunge with a 40k army.

• 4 weeks later...

Name: Chris

Country/State: Newcastle, England

Time spent in hobby: I got into 40k properly just before the 2nd edition after being a Fantasy player from about 1990(ish). Had a break of about 12 years due to discovering girls and drink etc, but got back into it recently after picking up a couple of BL novels.

Armies collected: Started with Dark Angels, went to Chaos before my break and now back to Dark Angels...

Make your mark: Always been drawn to Dark Angels since 2nd edition, even though i seemed to end up with loads of random models that i liked the look of and never had a proper army. Decided i'd actually collect and paint a full army instead of being so indecisive!

Name: Payce.

Country/State: Norway.

Time spent in hobby: +/- 15 years on and off.

Armies collected: Necrons, Iron Warriors, Tyranids, Flesh Tearers, Imperial Guard, Ultramarines, Mortifactors, Iron Warriors v2.0, Night Lords, Black Templars, Dusk Raiders, Orks, Tyranids v2.0, Dark Angels - some full armies, some just warbands, some just for display.

Make your mark: [X] (<-- the spot)

Name: Plaguereaper

Country/State: Iowa, United States

Time spent in hobby: 5 years

Armies collected: Nurgle, Crimson Fists

Make your mark: I got introduced with the hobby by a friend giving me a BL book, and at the same time, I had bought DOW. it took me a couple weeks to realise they were related lol. I first started with orks, then moved to nurgle. I now have 8k points, and I doubt I will ever stop building Nurgle. I live in Iowa City, hit me up if you wanna play.

Name: Martin

Country/State: Norway - Stavanger, lil town of about 150.000 people, no GW stores

Time spent in hobby: Since 1992. But all together probably only 5 years actively.

Armies collected: Deathwing + Iron Wing + Unfinished IG + Unfin.Tau + Unfin.Orks + +

Make your mark: I got into minis through the Space Marine (Epic) set in -92. Been a bit touch and go since then with Epic, Fantasy then 40K. Been invested in 40K again since 2010. I'm in this for the minis and the painting. The actual game comes second to me.

Figured out that I actually hadn't done this:

Name: Bryan

State/Country: TX, USA

Time Spent in the Hobby: Since '95, so, 16 years

Armies Collected: Dark Angels/various DIY successors, Dark Elves, Tyranids, Eldar (in that order with interspersed constant DA purchases)

Make your mark: Started my introduction to gaming with D&D with my Dad, but later found more interest in war games and sci-fi RPGs, eventually played HeroQuest and then Space Hulk. Loved the Deathwing in Space Hulk, so a buddy and I split a 40K 2nd Ed boxed set and I started painting up some DA. Sadly, I lost all my old stuff when I got my own place and my folks moved away. They took a bunch of my boxes and eventually ended up tossing them out, along with my first edition Spawn run (so very sad on that one) and other goodies. Luckily I kept all my models, so I still have about 25 metal DW terms that have just never gotten painted up. Eventually they will be, over the next year or two, I think. :HQ:

Thanks for reading!

Name: Morty

Country/State: UK North Lincs

Time spent in hobby: Started with Rogue Trader do the maths

Armies collected: Dark Angels (a lot)

Make your mark: Still use the origonal Palstic Marines. I have collected the bulk of the Chapter over the years, ok a lot of it is still in the boxes or unpainted.

• 1 month later...

Name: Brother-Sergeant

Country/State: Belgium

Time spent in hobby: about 7 years now

Armies collected: Orks40K, CSM, Tau, Eldar, Ogre Kingdoms, Skaven, Beastmen, Night goblins

Make your mark: i started off at basic training in the army by my roommate (i took over his skaven army) and collected

every chance i got (every friday i walked by the local games store to the train station for my duty-free weekend " and got a 20% discount " as allways on friday :lol: )

and collected my share of army's, build/painted them, played them, sold/traided them etc..

now in my posesion i have greenskins, eldar and about to start a angels of absolution chapter <_< (btw orks are for sale for all you that are interested)

so here you have it

cheers

Brother-sergeant 'aka' "sarge"

Here goes

Name: Captain Sox

Country/State: Canada/Manitoba

Time spent in hobby: ~ 4 years

Armies collected: Codex Marines, Blood Angels, now Dark Angels. Lizardmen (WFB)

Make your mark: I heart cats

Name: Antonio Palafox III

Country/State: Fort Bonifacio, Metro Manila, Philippines.

Occupation: between jobs as of now, investing in an auto-parts shop to help fund my hobbies.

Time spent in hobby: a little over a month (as of this writing).

Armies collected: Dark Angels, Twilight Angels (homebrew successor chapter), planning to start on Imperial Guard soon.

Make your mark: Got my first taste of WH40k thru a copy of Space Wolf back in 2002. Bought my first miniatures (a five-man combat squad) in early 2008 but never got around to actually painting them. Switched gears from mecha modelling to my fledgling army just last month when i decided i needed a change of pace.

Name: Nicholas

Country/State: Wisconsin USA

Time spent in hobby: over two years

Armies collected: Blood angels, soon to start diy Dark angels succesor

Make your mark: "To the darkness, I bring light. To the weak, I bring strength. Our foes can run, but no one escapes the All Seeing Angel!" rally cry of Grand Master Nicholas Angel before personally lifting the siege on hellatrax 7

Greetings fellow gamers,

Name: Unforgiven2544

Country/State: Navy/Italy

Time spent in hobby: Since '04 (Eye of Terror Campaign)

Armies collected: Dark Angels [Current], Angels of Absolution [Current], Angels of Redemption [Current], Ulthwé Eldar [Current], Tau [sold], Space Wolves [Current], Dark Eldar [Current], Imperial Guard [sold], Sisters of Battle [sold], Daemonhunters [sold], Orks [sold], Tyranids [sold]

Make your mark: My goal, sworn before the good folks of the Bolter & Chainsword Forums, is to collect a fully painted Astartes chapter.

Very Respectfully,

--Unforgiven

First post of what will hopefully be an active legacy on these forums.

Name: (Merciless) Tengo (don't worry if you call me 'Tango' you sure wouldn't be the first)

Country/State: South London, England

Time spent in hobby: Phew... give me a second... over six years, nearly seven? I think so anyway, I haven't been counting exactly. But I've only just got back into the hobby after a three year (Well officially two years since everything got packed up into the loft) break. Got into 40K after about two years of Fantasy and a very brief stint of LoTR, not touched either of them since picking up 40K

Armies collected: Black Templars [decommissioned] Dark Angels (Started them just before I quit, resumed the hobby to finish them off, using my remnants of a very insufficient BT army) and a handful of Necrons. as for Fantasy: Beastmen, Orcs and Goblins [sold/packed away] Empire [sold] Warriors/Daemons of Chaos [Lost/Packed away/Army never properly started]

Make your mark: I'd be good at the hobby by now if it weren't the two-three year break I took so that I could concentrate on studying for college (I still failed xD) I'm a capable painter, I love to convert/sex up a few special models in every army, but invariably botch it up. I also occasionally get the urge to make some terrain peices, I've got a thirst and attention to detail that means I come up with some great pieces, but they never, ever get finished.

Also worth noting (my other hobbies): I play guitar, I love heavy (thrash) metal, I run a Heavy Metal blog and I co-run an Xbox 360 gaming forum

• 1 month later...

Name: Mercy of Spades (Nathan)

Country/State: Texas

Time spent in hobby: 4 years (on and off)

Armies collected: Tyranids and Dark Angels

Make your mark:

Howdy y'all! My love of 40k started when I saw the Tyranid. Though at the time I couldn't afford much so I opted to get into the hobby with the AoBR box and took the Space Marines. This lead to me finding out about the Dark Angels. In time I expanded into the Tyranids and have become an active member on the Tyranid Hive forum page. Over the past couple of years my Tyranids have claimed many victories but today I've turned back to the DA for the sake of something new and cool. Besides, these dudes are just awesome! I can't help but love the Dark Angels fluff (I used inspirations from it in several of my previous game designs lol)

I'm really big into doing batreps and now thanks to my Christmas bonus I am the proud owner of a camcorder! So expect to see a ton of battle reports! I aim to flood this forum and YouTube with the like. For my DA army I'm planning on taking a combined arms approach with a slight focus on Greenwing/Ironwing. Here's hoping! See you in the forums!

Oh and I'm happily married with a beautiful little daughter of my own :devil:

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Chub

Country/State: Northern Ireland

Time spent in hobby: 17 years

Armies collected: Guard, Ultramarines,Bloddangels,Sisters,Dark Angels...Well the list goes on

Make your mark: I have a fallen army using the DA 'Dex I refuse to submit to the taint of chaos. We are the First Legion and are loyal to the emporor

• 2 weeks later...

Name: BigGumbo

Country/State: London, UK

Time spent in hobby: start to finish around 20 years, but with a 13 or so year hiatus until about six months ago.

Armies collected: Dark Angels with some interesting Inquisitorial/Grey Knights allies if I can find the damn things in my loft. Outside 40k, I used to play Warhammer (High Elves) and Epic (Dark Angels, IG, Titan Legions), along with dalliances with Blood Bowl and Necromunda. Basically as a teenager I loved all things GW.

Make your mark: I grew up on 2nd Ed (although I only really knew it as 40k back then), grew out of gaming altogether and then grew back into it when I discovered that several of my close mates were closet gamers. Does 40k fit with the image of a beard-wearing, real ale swilling, cricket playing accountant? I think it does :(

Name: Brother Terrus

Country/State: Iowa, USA. (A corn Agri-planet, :P)

Time spent in hobby: Reading Fluff: 2 years Actual Play: 0, starting in about a week

Armies collected: Dark Angels, of course!

Make your mark: Haven't gotten into actual play quite yet, but I've always loved the fluff for the DA, so here I am!

• 1 month later...

Name: Captain Collius

Country/State: VA/USA

Time spent in hobby: 1 year

Armies collected: Dark Angels, Skaven

Make your mark: Primum legio. In Honorificus. Filii Leonis. Paenitentiam enim cras mori!

• 2 weeks later...

Name: John Boy

Country/State: England, London

Time spent in hobby: over 30 years

Armies collected: Large Dark Angels army with Consecrators add-on ( working on at moment ), Large Tallarn Guard army and Iron Warriors army

Make your mark: been gaming for more than half my life, wife s come and go, gaming is forever :)

Name: Hezekiel (lee)

Country/State:Live in England , Scottish blood in the veins

Time spent in hobby: About 3 months

Armies collected: Dark Angels

Make your mark: I have a beautiful wife to be and 3 wonderful sons. I Have taken up the hobby, to try and get my boys interested in something other than just video games, but have found i love it, played two games so far(and won both!), love the fluff and the modeling/painting.

I Have taken up the hobby, to try and get my boys interested in something other than just video games,

That's a great reason to get involved :).

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Menkeroth

Country / State: Ukraine

Time spent in hobby: About 3 or 4 years

Armies collected: An army of CSM of Tzeentch and the Dark Angels

Make your mark: Instead of most our gamers i like painting, modelling and fluff much more than game and fully enjoy the hobby and the universe. Learning English at the university helps me alot when reading and translating WH texts :D Am a huge fan of Chaos and Tzeentch as well as the DA (though i'm not a loyalist and hate them ^_^). And, being a saxophonist, i'm slowly creating tunes for my armies ^_^

Archived