+++ Unforgiven but not Unknown +++

Isiah

Name: Mike

Country/State:New Zealand

Time spent in hobby: 5 years?

Armies collected: DA succsessor: Angels Blade, small ammount of unnamed chaos

Make your mark: Love all of the 40k Fluff especially the DA, just got back into the hobby after a couple of years. currently working on my successor chapter and perhaps some fluff to go with it?

Name

Country/State: Nottingham, England

Time spent in hobby: this time 1 year, was into 40k way back in 1st edition days... had break of 20 years

Armies collected: dark angels ( deathwing, ravenwing squad and working towards getting 3rd company)

Make your mark: was introduced to the 1st chapter by the space hulk expansion deathwing, easily the best fluff of any space marines..

Name : nicolas

Country/State: Paris, France

Time spent in hobby: 8 years

Armies collected: dark angels (3rd, 4th Companies, Deathwing, ravenwing), Imperial Guard

Make your mark: nothing special

Name : Frater Uriah

Country/State: Currently stationed in Hohenfels, Germany, hail from Huntingdon, Pennsylvania

Time spent in hobby: 23 years

Armies collected: Dark Angels (have the 3rd Company in their entirety. Though they're not completely painted, they are at least all green), with 1/4 of the Deathwing, 1/4th of the Ravenwing, and a number of luminaries from the Tower of Angels. I started collecting Chaos Space Marines in June of this year and have amassed a whopping 4,500 points since then, around a core Word Bearers army complemented by lots of Thousand Sons, with special guest appearances by the Night Lords, the World Eaters, and any other Legions I feel like trying out new paint schemes for. I also have about 2,500 points of very heavily mechanized Imperial Guard, 2,000 points worth of Necrons, and a roughly 1,200 point Witch Hunters Army I ostensibly purchased to try (unsuccessfully :) ) to get my wife to play against me. I am currently working on a pre-Heresy DA army, just because I think it would be fun to do.

Make your mark: My group and I come up with, and playtest, new rules all the time, especially for the Dark Angels.

Name: Cain Stormhowl

Country/State: Pennsylvania

Time spent in hobby: Two Years

Armies collected: Dark Angels, Tau and jointly Space Wolves with my best friend.

Make your mark: I'm not all that good at 40k yet, but I'm in the process of reading The Art of War, so maybe that'll help.

• 4 weeks later...

Name: Joshua

Country/State: United States, Texas

Time spent in hobby: I've had armies for 8 years but I am very much a newbie.

Armies collected: Dark Angels (3rd Company, Deathwing and Some Ravenwing). I also collected Dark Eldar but sold those.

Make your mark: Just working on finishing up painting the Army and getting some more games in.

Name: Acaeleus4

Country/State: United States/Colorado

Time spent in hobby: 1 year

Armies collected: Dark Angels (Successor/Fallen)

Make your mark: I love the Dark Angels so much that I'm currently working on bombarding the earth to pieces just to be like the Lion!

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Gaius

Country/State: U.S.A., Pennsylvania

Time spent in hobby: just returned after a 10 year sabatical

Armies collected: crimson fists, dark angels, iron hands

Make your mark: started with ancient medieval wargames and slowly graduated through the centuries to the 40th millennium

Name: stonhinge

Country/State: Kansas, USA

Time spent in hobby: all together, about 2 years

Armies collected: Blood Angels that became Dark Angels after a few months

Make your mark: Got started with Necromunda in '95, got drawn into 40k shortly after. Then moved to an area with no FLGS and it all got packed away. For 14 years. Back and ready to start painting, if only because the guys at the FLGS don't even have "primermarines"

Name: CoyoteGospel

Country/State: USA, Pennsylvania

Time spent in hobby: 15+ years, but recently returned after a more than 10 year hiatus.

Armies collected: 40K Currently: Dark Angels. In the distant past (in reverse chronological order): Dark Angels, Sisters of Battle, Necrons, Space Wolves. Other GW games in the past: Skaven (WHFB, Mordheim, Man O' War, Bloodbowl), Ratskin Rebels (Necromunda).

Make your mark: Despite having been involved in the hobby for much of my youth, it took me re-entering the hobby at 32 (when I had far less free time than as a 20-something) to finally have a fully painted 2000+ point army! My Dark Angels currently clock in at 2750+ points and growing!

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Damion38x

Country/State: London UK

Time spent in hobby: 14 Years

Armies collected: Dark angels 7996 pts & 1500 Blood Axe Ork Horde

Make your mark: my marine choice ended up between wolves and DA.. chose DA because of just the sheer Grim determination and Stoic nature, The Army wil be getting a boost in the form of a Thunder hawk (WIP - Scratch built) and some Vindicators, & Whirlwinds in the near future

Name: Order_of_the_Dragon

Country/State: Ohio, USA [Dayton]

Time spent in hobby: Off and on for 12 years

Armies collected: In order to finish college I sold off all my stuff about 2.5 years ago ... :(

Make your mark: Back in the hobby and working on getting a DA 3rd Company and Deathwing all up to 1 Full FOC

• 4 weeks later...

Name: Redemptor Araphel

Country/State: Melbourne, Australia

Occupation: Father & Husband first and foremost - I.T. Professional a distant last.

Time spent in hobby: 22 years or so...

Armies collected: Dark Angels 5th Coy., Ravenwing; Black Legion; Renegade-cultist Guard; Imperial Guard; Ulthwé Eldar; WHFB Chaos Warriors and Vampire Counts; Romans/Dacians/Byzantines/Teutonic Order/Sengoku Japanese/30YW French/Napoleonic British (Land and Sea) & Prussians (land)/WWII Falschirmjäger, Grenadiers & Afrika Korps... :)

Make your mark: It all started with Rogue Trader at the age of 13... I blame my father. Then came the first of the Craftworld Eldar, followed by Imperial Guard, and finally the Dark Angels burst on the scene in their dark green glory. They were put aside for too many years (I couldn't paint well enough to do the Deathwing bone...) Now I've returned to my favourite chapter with newfound passion.

• 1 month later...

Name: Smellyfox

Country/State: UK

Time spent in hobby: On and off 15 years

Armies Collected: Just started building a DA force.

Make your mark: Started off with a fantasy High Elf army, then quickly got into 2nd Ed 40k and built up a small (but potent) Black Legion army. Have also dabbled with Epic and Necromunda. Am just getting back into the hobby after a 10 year break. Loving the new (to me!) DA models and rules! Can't wait to get my army together so I can start rounding up those fallen...

Name: Chyper1

Country/State: Somewhere to the west of Bergen, Norway

Time spent in hobby: 5-6 years-ish

Armies collected: Dark Angels 3rd Company, around 30 Deathwing Termies (going for 100 :) ), Lotr (Templars of Ecthelion(tower of ecthelion), Haradrim)

Make your mark: First box of models I ever bought was a starters package of Eldar Dire Avengers(never used). Then I bought some Warriors of Minast Thirith. Started with my DA army after two years and been playing them since. Despite winning only perhaps one and half dozen battles and getting a ton of comments about how I should swap my army for another, I'm still sticking to my Dark Angels. They might have lost their Stubborn rule, but I certainly have not.

"What is it to be a Dark Angel? It is to be the First Legion, the Honoured, the Sons of the Lion.

What is our quest? To purge our shame through the death of those who turned from the Lion.

Let the blood of the Unclean act as an offering to the Lion's Shade."

- Veteran Brother Sergeant Rancor,

3rd Company, Dark Angels

Name: Candleshoes | Matthew

Country/State: Canada

Time spent in hobby: 12 years

Armies collected: Bretonnians and soon to be Guardians of the Covenant

Make your mark: Dark Angels were the first power armor marines I went out, thought about and bought, many years ago. Bought, but never made past the first test model. I am an avid fluff fanatic for 40k and the HH novels, and with almost every new power armor release, I seem to add to my unopened collection of models, forever in a planning stage. Over the last year and a half, my mind was set on creating an army from scratch, and with the influx of powerhouse HH books during this time,

I tried to make a list of pros and cons for my potential army. I was left with the following: Alpha Legion (my favorite traitor Legion), Flesh Tearers (my favorite tragedy), Howling Griffons (one of the only Feudal cultures), or Dark Angels. The last one just sang to me ... its traditional knightly roots, its history as a Legion, The Lion himself (and all the problems he has, never portrayed as a perfect being), the depth of Caliban culture (Grimm's worst Fairy tales lived), the archaic and morbid heraldry and robes, the multi-colored armor roles that have enormous significance, a fluffy weapons choice, and some of the best modeling possibilities, not to mention, the circles within circles and culture of secrecy.

Painted a Dark Angel test model and successor Guardian of the Covenant, and the Guardian just felt right. I am now a loyal Unforgiven.

Name: Master Barachiel | Daniel

Country/State: Germany/NRW

Time spent in hobby: 3-4 years

Armies collected: Guardians of the Covenant Hunter Clan [-->Deathwing] (still WIP), Juggernauts (own chapter), Guardians of the Covenant Company, Imperial vehicles for apocalypse

Make your mark: I adore reading those codex books and think about the background of my armies. Often this leads me to forget some sources and I end up with "solutions/explanations" for my armies that don't work out because somewhere I didn't read, yet, GW proposed a different explanation. But with my Dark Angel successor chapter I hope to come up with someting better.

I am still not quite sure which components of this complex game/collect hobby fascinate me at most. I am not even sure why I care for brutal men that try to add their opponment's skulls to their equipment as some kind of decoration. That's all for now.

Name: Mike

Country/State: Ontario, Canada

Time spent in hobby: 13

Armies collected: Dark Angels (Deathwing, Ravenwing, and greenies,) Imperial Gaurd (Death korps of kreig,) Slaneesh themed CSM army.

Make your mark: Im going through college to become a civil engineer, I'm engaged to my better half (who refuses to play 40k and loves her vamp counts.) and I love playing and meeting new people to challenge my skills as a player.

• 1 month later...

Name: Graeme

Country/State: UK

Time spent in hobby: 18 months, and a few years in my teens

Armies collected: Tau, Dark Angels, Tomb Kings and Bretonnians

Make your mark: I've had a long standing love of Dark Angels since my first forays in 40k, back in 2nd edition. These days, i have taken them up again with a mind to get into tournament play. I know they are far from the internet favourite codex, and therein lies the fun for me!

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Captain Semper | Anthony

Country/State: Greece/Athens

Time spent in hobby: Since 1993

Armies collected: Dark Angels, Disciples of Caliban, Tau, Chaos Space Marines (Iron Warriors), Dark Eldar (of old), some Guard, some SoB, some Grey Knights, some other stuff (excluding WHFB).

Make your mark: Dark Angels (and succesors) did it for me since Codex Angels of Death (2nd Ed.) I'm loyal ever since! Not tournament player - I still see a game as strory telling.

Though i posted a couple of times before,i just found this,so here it goes:

Name: Chris

Country/State: Greece/Athens

Time spent in hobby: 2 years

Armies collected: Dark angels,Celestine and some fantasy models.

Make your mark: I wanted to start a space marine army as an introduction to the hobby but i didnt want to go "we are all blue and smurf"i wanted something uninque.Checked GW page found BT and DA.I liked the DA fluff better after searching the internets(and our company master is THE MINIATURE,not to mention Cypher and sami),so i toshed the BT to friend(muahahha)and started DA.Love em ever since!Not regretted it even with that 5th edition experimental codex.I also love to be left alone and not either been OP or poster chapter.I love Da cause they are the unique.

Greetings,

I semi-returned to Warhammer after I found a group playing at college. Now that I want to approach the hobby with more focus, since I have way less time now, I thought I'd join this forum.

Name: stuka06

Country/State: Munich, Bavaria, Germany

Time spent in hobby: I started playing a short time after the current Rhino chassis came out (when was that again?)

Armies collected: Started with Black Legion, moved to Ulthwé Eldar (they had a battle rep of Abbadon vs Eldrad in the WD that got me started in the hobby, but I liked the eldar army, so I tried to copy it). Then I turned to Dark Angels and I love them. I painted more tiny green men, then any other army. I did collect some Imperial guards, but never anything serious. I also have an army of horrible elves and a completly unassembled dwarven army deal lying around, please don't get me started on those XD

Make your mark: For anyone wondering. I went to the US as an exchange student. During that time CoD just came out and in the campaign the soldiers frequently yell "STUKA". From that point on I used it as a nickname. Just FYI.

• 4 weeks later...

Interrogator-Chaplain Haladriel

Country/State: Canada/British Columbia

Time spent in hobby: 12 years

Armies collected: Dark Angels, Deathwing/Ravenwing, and Blood Angels

Make your mark: I have always loved the Dark Angels ever since they were the "Angels of Death". They are "The First Legion" and they are my first, my Legion of choice. I have a particular affinity for Chaplains and there is NO chapter who has a more sinister and terrifying Chaplain than the "Unforgiven".

The Interrogator-Chaplain embodies to me, the soul of the Dark Angels. They are the spiritual leaders of their Chapter, yet they have a far darker side. To me that is what this Chapter is all about and thats why I will ALWAYS play the Dark Angels.

"NEVER FORGET,NEVER FORGIVE, THE FALLEN MUST REPENT!"

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Jon

Country/State: Hannover, Germany

Time spent in hobby: 10 ish years

Armies collected: - Damn you Ebay ^_^

40k - Tau (8000 pts), DA 4th Company + 1st/2nd and 10th attachments (3500 pts and growing), IG (6000 pts)

Fantasy - Orcs and Goblins (12000 pts), Empire (5000 pts)

LOTR - Loads but slowly selling it.

Make your mark: I fell for the DA's due to the dark gothic undertones. Totally different to that Ultramarine lot.

Archived