Pre-Heresy/Heresy Era Night Lords

Doghouse

wow these guys look great doghouse, looking forward to more piccies....i just have 1 question guys....can you use pre-heresy/heresy era armies in tournaments?

As long as the list you use to field your models is legal (in the Tournament context) and the units are equipped with legal options from said Codex, then of course.

For example you could field these guys using the Chaos Codex (I believe this is the case), or at a stretch, Codex Space Marines.

Ok thats cool, i'm thinking about doing a pre-heresy Iron Hands army (before the drop site massacre) so what would i need for that? anyone got any links of stuff i can look at for them?

hey doghouse question about your process. on the shoulder pads from the terminator sprues do you remove the little nub that sticks out at the bottom of the pad or do you fill in the gap from where it starts about mid pad down to the nub? started planning my own marines useing this tech and I dont wanna mess anything up

Thanks guys! :D

Nephren-ka: Oh yeah, I forgot about him as I was painting him before I took the shot. :)

For the pads I add GS to level out the pads rather than remove the nub.

Ekkanus They can be used in either really, as I'm using the Chaos Codex I can just as easily get away with using them in regular games as chaos marines. :)

Ekkanus: Iron Hands are probably pretty much the same colour scheme but without all the bionics as that's something that has developed over the millenia since then. Morlocks were their veterans and I believe that they had armour the colour of beaten metal rather than black.

Good news is that I've finally got an accurate description to work from of Night Haunter so I'm ploughing ahead with the model the bad news is that I've run out of GS and and am awaiting more so there will be a delay before I can post pictures of him or the tutorial. :(

Ah. I was just about to say that the drawing is like 90% done. Do you think he'd wear mark 2, 4, or 5? I know the rest of your army is wearing mk 4, but I can see him being a little ahead of the curve, yet also see him wearing the mk 2 because it's special, and he isn't a regular trooper.

Anyways, hope you haven't forgotten the cloak!

Who's Night Haunter? sorry for such a noob question!!!

Primarch of the Night Lords.

Moody guy originally named Konrad Cruze.

Fell to Nostramo, a world of semi-permanent night.

Gained the alias of Night Haunter during his upbringing in the urban nightmare of this planet.

Chose to retain the name after the Emperor arrived and placed him in change of the space marines made from his genetic blueprint.

Night Haunter plays a major part in shaping the tactics and tone for the legion.

As Doghouse's marines are pre/during the Horus Heresy, his army would be active at the same time as Night Haunter.

Night Haunter was (as many of the primarchs were) killed/lost after the heresy.

Fluff dictates that he was assassinated by a Callidus Temple assassin, leaving words the effect of;

"im only this way because you created me to be so"...or something along those lines.

Hope i haven't errored in providing this quick summary of who Night Haunter was.

Doghouse, keep up the excellent work. I'm a big fan of your true-scaling.

Can't wait to see how you manage Night Haunter. (no pressure :tu: )

Very nice models, love the true-scale mini's. There's just one thing you're missing: the lightning bolts on their armor! Other than that, they're perfect. -Mulceber

in his early posts doghouse stated he wanted to limit the lighting on their armor for a diffrent approach. and yes Night Lords have always used the lightning bolts as terror markings and not as warp energy floating around their armor

Cheers guys! :)

NemFX: Nice drawing mate, thanks for that I'll have to take inspiration from that for the final model.

Neph: I've been a bit busy lately but have been working on the tutorial and a MkIV torso I'll hopefully be using for a couple of squads. I'm still waiting for more GS to arrive at the moment but the log is still active. :)

I feel so let down. I see a new post by doghouse......and nothing. No pics. I'm so depressed now. I'll be in my corner sulking.....

Anyways, I've started my guys but made a mistake already trimmed below the belt instead of above. D'oh! A bit of GS later, it's not too bad but I think this will be my HB guy!

Do you recommend assembly line or individual work when doing the legs? I have 6 to do. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Archived