Quest for the Golden Demon - What's to Come

LunchBox

Really good stuff Lunchbox, I mean truly mindblowing.

I would love to say how you could improve it, but to be honest (my true opinion) it cannot be improved really. I can't see anything that can be tweaked.

M

Well, no good project is right without a setback or two. I poured the 2-part resin water on the base 3 days ago, and it's still very sticky, and stringy like melted cheese. Every time I try to water this happens. So, I may be flocking in the areas that I "watered" just to get this one done.

If it's still not solid then you could try adding more of the hardener part. This should accelerate the process (to some degree). Although you should probably experiment with that first and not start on your shiny, new, and nearly finished miniature. And I do not know how it would affect the transparency of your resin water (it can get murky if things are done wrong).

I spent some time last night cleaning the explosed part of the base with a q-tip, and simple green. I then taped off the area again, and mixed a tiny little batch, with a bit more hardener. I put it under a blow dryer for about 15 seconds to get all the bubbles up, and we'll see how it turns out. The thickness is where I want it, and it doesn't seem to be pushing the tape loose this time as well...so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! The resin water was actually very clear...it's the GW water that always looks milky.

M...thanks for the kind words...there is room for improvement, but I'm glad you like!

I worked on this guy a little last night:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/master3wip-1.jpg

Ooh He's pretty. ;)

Though... I'm not sure about the hair. It looks like its flowing in the wind but nothing else on him is... Strange.

Yeah thats the only criticism I can think of at the moment... Maybe I'll go flop my hair around a bit see if I cant get it to do that. Lol... :blush:

=]D[=

Looks like he's wearing a wig!? oÔ Though I like the the rest of your work. Even if the scriptors (?is he a scriptor) armor is not blue like it should be. Great Thread!

it does look a bit like a wig although the 3/4 profile shot in the top left makes it look really effective

nice model

tbh i dont car what the colour is whether its blue or purple it still looks brill

Yeah...I was playing around and thought I'd GS some hair onto an Empire head...he has a "certain" look...I think he'll be the Master of the Chapter's "adult video" collection...he looks a bit...huzahhh!

He's not a Librarian...the Librarian is on the page before this one.

Thanks!

"Foolish xenos, don't you know you can never match my glorious golden locks. HAHAHA."

Seriously though, beautiful work. I really love the soft lavender colors you've been using on these guys. (among a lot of other things)

After playing around a little, I decided to add a little freehand to the first 2 masters. I need the practice.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/mastersfreehand-1.jpg

...and here's what I've gotten done on the "Master of the Chapter's Adult Video Collection" ('cause that's what he looks like):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/master3wip3-1.jpg

what is the open entry? ALL OF THEM?

the writing is good although i dunno it seems a little un-neat in places not in the painting in the lettering they are at different levels ect.

but still amazing work allround

These look incredible man, hope you win! It's been some time since I've read all the thread but are you going to do a diorama-type stand for them all?

Can we have a group shot please?

one suggestion....ideally id love for that hair to be burned...but since its painted ill keep it in mind.....try to smoothen the transtions, so it doesnt look so firey

also avoid making the part so defined, it makes the hair look very fake

other than that they look fit for the garbage bin :)

after the extra stuff i have is gone...you will be able to notice a trend in my figure choice :P

I can't knock the technique, what with it being outstanding and all, but the guy's hair really don't sit well with me. I think someone else pointed out how it seems to be blowing in the wind yet his tabards and purity seals aren't doing, but it's the colour of it which jars for me. I don't think he suits blonde hair :(

The last Master of the Chapter is done:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/master3finished-1.jpg

Here they are as a group...the lighting on these guys was doen in a very intentional way; the viewer is the source of light...so the way they will be displayed on the base that I'm working on will be correct for the angles in which they are displayed...if that makes sense:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/mastersfinished-1.jpg

And...the Librarian...I had to scrape out the water because it had not cured in almost 2 weeks. I hate that I had to do that because I loved the way it looked...but it is what it is:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/LibbieFinished-1.jpg

I'm glad ya'll like them...I'm finishing up the rest of my entries which are sadly not board appropriate.

I'll probably create a thread in the Hall of Honor section displaying all the PA'd finished works as they will be presented at GD Chicago.

Thanks to all who have given their input, and followed this blog over the course of the year.,,and I hope to meet some of you, and see others again at Chicago next week!

• 4 months later...

I was looking in this thread for pics of a model to show collector, andI never even realized I had not updated this...

The command squad got silver, the 3-stooges got bronze in open, and I got my first gold...not pa'd though.

Thanks to all for your input...it most certainly helped!

Archived