Quest for the Golden Demon - What's to Come

LunchBox

This is amazing.

I've been lurking for a bit, and while I love the librarian I do have one concern. The book he is holding, since you turned it upside down the thumb looks really odd. I'm afraid that a judge might notice and knock off for it. Maybe remove the current thumb and resculpt it onto the back side of the book?

Good call...I looked at it again, and you might be right. I'm goint to roll with it for now, and after it's painted up, I may change it if it doesn't look right.

Also, thanks for all of you who have been following this thread, and offering your insight. I will be taking a bit if a break from my Demon stuff as I work on my entries for ReaperCon in May. Updates may be few and far between until June hits.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Well it's been a while, and I'm back to power armored stuff.

Here's the second master of the chapter pretty much finished up, less some minor tweaks...like the left side of the robe needs to be smoothed out a bit:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics12/img48472d4723a77.jpg

Here's a bit more work on the Librarian...the pic turned out a bit blurred...sorry about that:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/libbie2-1.jpg

what are you entering these for? i know GD but you have enough men here fopr like 3 squads? and you can only enter once into each catagory

oh by the way they are ausome ;)

Absolutely bloody superb, it looks like an "old school" 'eavy metal paintjob (particularly the blue) I've seen in older White Dwarf issues - it's a nice "gritty" look.

Fantastic models, Lunchbox. I hope to see you win some Daemons this year like you did last year. I won't be entering into GD because my school life has been far to hectic to even think about picking up a brush. Baltimore is in a week and two days, and I don't have anything ready. I'm pretty disappointed in myself. :)

Always next year, eh?

Also, the bit at the end of the spear looks out of place. It is too big to be part of it, in my eyes...

Alpha

what are you entering these for? i know GD but you have enough men here fopr like 3 squads? and you can only enter once into each catagory

oh by the way they are ausome ;)

<Political Answer>

I love entering squads and larger compositions because there are so many unique things that can be done, and atmospheres to be created.

<Real Answer>

I'm not good enough yet to place in 'single' categories, so I have to rely on inferior paint jobs, in superior numbers.

I have a 6 man squad for 40K squad, and a 4 man 'band' of HQ's (converted Masters of the Chapter) for open...that's my only power armored stuff right now...at least until I figure out what I'm going to do for 40K single.

*Side note to Alpha...I'm glad you didn't force yourself to finish something for the sake of entering a competition. That shows a lot of maturity as a painter. Glad you're back around, man.

oh by the way they are ausome :P

<Political Answer>

I love entering squads and larger compositions because there are so many unique things that can be done, and atmospheres to be created.

<Real Answer>

I'm not good enough yet to place in 'single' categories, so I have to rely on inferior paint jobs, in superior numbers.

you are far too modest lb. you are good enough to put a single model out there.

even if dont atleast you can paint that well and have a life :)

you're never good enough until you think/know you are good enough ;)

I wish this forum allowed cussing, you smart ;)

;)

On a side note...check out my new toys:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/newpaints.jpg

ALL NEW PAINTS BABY!!!

ewww reaper paints.....now i have to go wash again.....

:)

i like some colours but ive never had paint that dries so fast on my brush, ever....it causes me no end in grief...but ya dusky grape is a nice purple, i have some others as well, used to use fair highlight like it was my personal sex toy(thats often by the way, hehe ew...), but now, not so much

but ya nice present for sure

def not enough GW colours though god you almost have as many ral partha paints as GW hahaha atleast you have skull white though, and better have boltgun and chaos black too, or im gonna need to read you your rights again

PS you have a PM on CT, it has some pretty pictures

ewww reaper paints.....now i have to go wash again.....

:P

i like some colours but ive never had paint that dries so fast on my brush, ever....it causes me no end in grief...but ya dusky grape is a nice purple, i have some others as well, used to use fair highlight like it was my personal sex toy(thats often by the way, hehe ew...), but now, not so much

but ya nice present for sure

def not enough GW colours though god you almost have as many ral partha paints as GW hahaha atleast you have skull white though, and better have boltgun and chaos black too, or im gonna need to read you your rights again

PS you have a PM on CT, it has some pretty pictures

Got yer PM...nice!

As for the Reaper Master Series paints...I like them better than anything else I've used. My favorite before that was the Reaper Pro Paints. I'm getting rid of all but a few of my GW paints, as well as some of my RPP, VMC, and VGC's. After digging through all of my GW paints, I realized there's not a single color in there's not but a few colors I needed. I think the RMS paint line is about the finest line I've used, and I haven't had issues with them drying too fast. Oddly enough, I'm keeping 5 different blacks, and a few different whites. Believe it or not, they are all different, and I use them for different things. I haven't decided whether or not I'm going to keep the half dozen different 'additives'...I never used them, and I can't see myself starting...but who knows.

The biggest thing for me will be changing my palete, which has become a bit stale over the past year.

well feel free to send me the "extra" paints, airbrushes like paint.... i should have money come chicago, so you wouldnt even need to ship em! :cuss

also keep your inks if you have any...trust me :P

one thing i like about GW colours is they are essentially artist colours, so its not overly difficult to match them

i really need to use some more colours though, half my range just sits there, i need to use magenta more....

well feel free to send me the "extra" paints, airbrushes like paint.... i should have money come chicago, so you wouldnt even need to ship em! <_<

also keep your inks if you have any...trust me ^_^

one thing i like about GW colours is they are essentially artist colours, so its not overly difficult to match them

i really need to use some more colours though, half my range just sits there, i need to use magenta more....

I have a RMS "Clear Magenta" that I'd be more than happy to hand over to ya.

its like two weeks till fathers day! why do you have it now :P

because theres no time to lose! hes only got two months left to beat me :)

that clear magenta is an ink right? well if you dont want ittt ill take it

its like two weeks till fathers day! why do you have it now :P

because theres no time to lose! hes only got two months left to beat me :)

I think he pwned you! :)

This year is going to be tough!

its like two weeks till fathers day! why do you have it now :D

because theres no time to lose! hes only got two months left to beat me :D

Actually, the RMS "clear" paints are straight pigment in a clear base; i.e.; they don't add color to a white, or already tinted base. They are used for glazing, but I use al my other colors for glazing anyway. I actually have the full set of like 6 "clear" paints, and the colors are basic, median shades - magenta, red, blue, green, purple (keeping that one), and yellow. SHoot me a PM if you want me to "save" those for ya...at a premium of course. I can;t go around helping the competition! :D

its like two weeks till fathers day! why do you have it now :D

because theres no time to lose! hes only got two months left to beat me :D

eh? oh yer right sorry i live in the UK so when someone mentions GD i think september

but you are both in US so dont mind me :D

what are ytou working on starks? or is it a secret?

hmmm...

a comment on my behalf...

in my opinion, although it could just be the camera angle, the chaplains foot on the brick thing doesnt look "planted" enough

maybe if you bulked out the brick it would look more pleasing. great work however, with the tumour suffering chappie :D , the awesome veterans (any more pics?) and the veteran seargent. i too will be entering GD this year, with a Huron to Inq convo.

good luck

rosac

Archived