The Chaos Lord's Handbook

Brother Nihm

I'll do a painting tutorial, I'll even offer to do any legion/chapter/renegade whatcha ma callit. I'll go home on Thanksgiving an build a model, maybe I'll even officially buy one of the new boxes of Chaos Space Marines, I think I'm running out of legs or torsos or something.

Let me know which chapter or whatever you want, how many pictures you want, what size, how high of standard do you want it painted to etc. Someone already called Deathguard, but I never really painted Deathguard so it don't matter, I can paint anything, plus every now and then you need to challenge yourself.

Muskie

One, Hakanor's Reaver. Painting a whole squad would take three times as long or more. I aim to bang this out in a week. I bought a new box of guys because I want to only use bits in the box so any fool could try to duplicate the model.

The problem is all my paints or most of them are out of print. I think the model is black, chainmail and bone with the lava effect. So you need like 2 reds, 2 oranges, and 2 yellows. You'll need a grey and a dark blue, plus some accent colors for the backpack and bone trim and you always need white. It shouldn't matter what colors you actually use.

Do you want it has an HTML file or a text file and a bunch of pictures or an actual B&C post? Where do you want me to stick the images, I'd prefer just to email it all to you, then you can edit it and put it wherever you like. I'll spell check it and make sure the images are reasonable to go inline.

*Deathmongers (previously the scheme of the Warp Ghosts)

The Warp Ghosts are still around by the fluff, even though the Deathmongers now use the same scheme. See page 18 of the CSM Codex, entry Bleak Brotherhood (listed as a Possible Warp Ghosts faction).

The general issue in this area is not that the group in question is renamed or removed from fluff, but it's more to do with the fact the person writing the page is too lazy to look up who the group originally was (it's the same with the Night Stalkers who are using the same scheme, and same model as the Damned Company of Lord Caustos).

The same thing usually happens with the SM Codex (see Revilers who had their pads painted black, and their Chapter symbol slightly altered and ended up being called Relictors). It's an annoying GW quirk which I think may have more to do with the page writer not wanting to step on the toes of the original group (if they have established fluff or not - the writer doesn't likely know unless he made the original SM/CSM group).

Oh and also this would be closer to the Iron Warriors Pre-heresy scheme, as seen in the actual Index Astartes Article

sm.php?bpe=384529&bpj=384529&bp=384529&bpc=384529&hdt=384529&hdm=384529&hdl=384529&ey=8F0000&er=384529&pi=384529&nk=384529&ch=384529&eg=D18B00&sk=D18B00&abs=384529&bt=384529&cod=384529&ull=384529&lk=384529&lll=384529&lft=384529&url=384529&rk=384529&lrl=384529&rft=384529&slt=D18B00&sli=384529&srt=D18B00&sri=384529&ula=384529&lel=384529&lla=384529&lw=384529&lh=384529&ura=384529&rel=384529&rla=384529&rw=384529&rh=384529&bg=FFFFFF&rb=000000&gr=8A8A8A&grid=TRUE&wg=true&be=BBBBCC&bs=D18B00&mk6kn=true&blt=000000

(Dirty tin'ish colour)

There is a painted Hakanor's Reaver in the new Codex, but it is kinda a black and red Nightlord. I like the way it looks in the drawing which is what I'm going to do.

In the drawing the shoulder pad trim looks almost bone too me, but in the painted model I guess they are gold or brass. It isn't a big deal lots of people have variant schemes but do you want the shoulder pad trim bone color or a metalic color, I could maybe get a yellowed bone color...

We'll see how the Kakano'r Reaver goes but if no one steps up maybe I'll have to do an Alpha Legionaire. I know there are real Alpha Legion players, I didn't think there would be anyone who plays Hakanor's Reavers yet and I think I can paint one well and there won't even be any green or purple. ;-)

There is a painted Hakanor's Reaver in the new Codex, but it is kinda a black and red Nightlord. I like the way it looks in the drawing which is what I'm going to do.

In the drawing the shoulder pad trim looks almost bone too me, but in the painted model I guess they are gold or brass. It isn't a big deal lots of people have variant schemes but do you want the shoulder pad trim bone color or a metalic color, I could maybe get a yellowed bone color...

We'll see how the Kakano'r Reaver goes but if no one steps up maybe I'll have to do an Alpha Legionaire. I know there are real Alpha Legion players, I didn't think there would be anyone who plays Hakanor's Reavers yet and I think I can paint one well and there won't even be any green or purple. ;-)

The drawing is actually showing Gold for the trim (you notice that's the colouration used to represent Gold in the drawings - see the Black Legionarie on the next page sporting the same yellowy gold).

Though admittedly there are multiple ways to paint Hakanor's Reavers seeing as the painted version in the Codex sports silver instead of gold.

How about this one? it's the one Heru is talking about, would that be ok with you?

What? Still no takers on Thousand Sons info? Does nobody but me keep the old White Dwarfs with all this useful/interesting information. :wacko: *snort* figures well i guess i'll go ahead and type it up. out of boredom if nothing else. :)

later traitors.

That'd be great, if you can write it up similar to the existing Intel Files it would be perfect. :tu:

One thing I found really useful in the old tactica portion was a brief rundown of each unit, strengths, weaknesses, possible uses on the battlefield.

EDIT: Ohh didn't notice that Mutt already got one up, pretty good little read I think.

The Librarium is looking for material on how to paint horns, as there haven't been any tutorials posted here on the B&C, or made by GW yet (Surprising, yes), and, obviously, they form a major component of CSM models (Unless you don't use them, of course).

So, if you happen to have a particularly effective/quick/fancy/etc. method for painting horns, feel free to send it along, and it'll get added to both the Primer and the Librarium. Thanks. :drool:

I would like to see a tactica on playing chaos against other armies, in particular daemon hunters, witch hunters.
Got it, added to the list.

If you need anything tell me i could help for everything but how to paint (seeing as I suck )
If you want to help, feel free to pick an available item and PM me.
Just pick one of those available. B)

The Librarium is looking for material on how to paint horns, as there haven't been any tutorials posted here on the B&C, or made by GW yet (Surprising, yes), and, obviously, they form a major component of CSM models (Unless you don't use them, of course).

So, if you happen to have a particularly effective/quick/fancy/etc. method for painting horns, feel free to send it along, and it'll get added to both the Primer and the Librarium. Thanks. :yes:

I'll try my hand at this one (+ added to the list).

thanks so when added to the list it take it thats a list of things to do rather than actually appearing in the tactica just now? Sorry if it seems a silly question but im new to the forums lol
Correct, I can't do it all on my own so I made a list for people to choose from. ;)

Great Tactica,

Spelling error on the Noise Marine section. It says with when talking about sonic blasters when it should say without.

Great Job though

Fixed.

Eh, so I was sick and didnt proofwrite much of it. It's quoted so I cant really do much about it.

(also)

Certain part I refer to Siren instead of Lash in the tactics part near the bottom..

Fixed.

I just finished this and I will try my hand at making a 'horns tutorial' next.

Hey Brother Nihm, would it be redundant to maybe post up another tactica/unit list just to give another perspective on things?

No sleight to Mutt-Man at all, but other people may have other insights into certain units.

Hey Brother Nihm, would it be redundant to maybe post up another tactica/unit list just to give another perspective on things?

No sleight to Mutt-Man at all, but other people may have other insights into certain units.

By all means go ahead. If we get enough material I'll convert them to articles, submit them to the librarium and link to them in the Primer. :)

Archived