The Chaos Lord's Handbook

Brother Nihm

You didn't paint the tubes a different color. I swear the tubing and hand grips and behind the knees is a dark reddish brown. At least that is my interpretation. I think I did the Hakanor's Reavers black maybe but these guys are clearly not black, not red, and not gold, but some dark color.

Looking at the version here, it's a... umm... err... magenta? I'm not a big fan of the paint job there...

I can't tell from the codex.. maybe Scorched Brown or Red Gore?

You didn't paint the tubes a different color. I swear the tubing and hand grips and behind the knees is a dark reddish brown. At least that is my interpretation. I think I did the Hakanor's Reavers black maybe but these guys are clearly not black, not red, and not gold, but some dark color.

Looking at the version here, it's a... umm... err... magenta? I'm not a big fan of the paint job there...

I can't tell from the codex.. maybe Scorched Brown or Red Gore?

Their red sucks. It definitely isn't 'Eavy Metal quality. They did a better job on the icons, but they didn't free hand the icon. That is a flat picture right out of the Codex. I free-handed the Reaver's and I guess I'll be doing these guys. It is a lot like the Nightlords symbol I think some Nightlord parts such as shoulder pads would work as the Brotherhood of Darkness.

I'm planning reddy-brown for the tubing, not sure how I'll do it. I gotta keep it simple stupid for the tutorial. I'm not trying to do anything but show how it could be done, with step by step photos to follow. I don't always think in GW colors, I mix stuff when I have to, but for this tutorial I'll be buying new paint if necessary to make it feasible for the average person to duplicate, after I finish my six hour exam which I should be studying for...

Alright, I'll change that when I get the chance. I actually didn't notice the different tubing colour, and I've been a bit busy lately and haven't been on here for a few days. Like I said, I'll change it when I get the chance.

• 4 weeks later...

Midian's guide to painting Khorne Bloodletters: Link has been added to the Handbook, next up is Muskie's tutorial and Malisteen's Apocalypse review.

Edit: it looks like GW fragged a lot of their tutorials in their webpage "redesign" :huh:

It looks like I'll have to go through all of them to sort the good links from the bad.

Shame that we're not allowed to grab and host their tutorials as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Brother Nihm most of these links go to GW's front page (they updated their site) not to the specified help page anymore, just an FYI. Don't know if anybody else said anything.

Nihm Edit: I've moved this post into this thread, if you look at my post above you can see that I'm aware. But thanks! :)

• 1 month later...

I finally set up something resembling a photo box, so my next tutorial which I'll start in a week or two will have better photos if not a better end model. I'm also doing a favour for Barret and I gotta paint some Nurgle stuff. Should be painting right now.

Here is a better picture of the finished model. I'll be doing the Bleak Brotherhood next I think. They are the non-Fallen robed Spacemarines. I think I might give him a mealta gun or something, try to the cool burnt metal effect or something...

http://www.muschamp.ca/OffSite/WIPModels/CSM/brotherhoodOfDarkness.jpg

I gotta get subtler edge highlighting on the black power armor. I'm thinking just one grey or find a darker first grey, GW has new paints and their are many other lines...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I had to dig to find this thread... I may have found a "Cleaved" guy for you, but once again Microsoft seems to have decided to screw with my address book....

I swear I may never install another Microsoft Update.

Anyway I'm still doing a robed guy, but I can do "The Cleaved" if no one else steps up. I did some Googling this lunch hour, I didn't find a true tutorial, but I did find this on Tinweasel's site:

"Anyhow, so far as The Cleaved's paint scheme, one I worked out with some

feedback from folks who had details from GW's 'Eavy Metal painting staff, it's

quite interesting yet fairly straightforward, to say the least, in that the base

color for the scheme is essentially a mixture of GW Catachan Green and GW

Tentacle Pink and not a straight beige that you would expect at all judging from

the final shade. The clothing here has been highlighted by working in GW Dheneb

Stone and Skull White. I'm also trying a test of Ork/Goblin skin color from a

recipe I found somewhere online involving GW Camo Green, Catachan Green, and

Scorpion Green - it's got a nice olive tint to it so far. The purple is part of

my custom Warband scheme, as is the color on the boots. The spear staff (and the

wrappings on it, more or less) are based on the bone color as used in the GW

Cleaved color scheme."

Not sure anyones done a commercial thing for the Word Bearers so I thought I'd have a go....

Hate the Ecclesiarchy? Ever wanted to punch one of those damnable priests in the face or turn a planet into a Daemon World? Want to blow the crap out of those goody-goody-two-shoes Ultramarines? Then drive to the library, pick up a copy of "The Book of Lorgar" and go to a comfy spot because you've got some reading to do.

Why should you play Word Bearers? Because they are badass, scary, and they have lots, and I mean LOTS of Daemons and Cultists.

Lorgar has to be one of the coolest primarchs out there. Imagine a Chaplain on super CHAOS steroids. Ya...he's that cool. He also has to have one of the most dramatic stories of all the primarchs. He worships the emperor as a god before everyone else, he gets chastised for it, and then turns to Chaos only to find out that the Imperium made the Emperor a god after he left. Annoying huh?

Also the Word Bearers are behind the WHOLE Horus Heresy. Thats right, without them there would be no Chaos marines and this sub-forum wouldn't exist and we wouldn't be having this conversation would we?

They set up a trap for Horus on Davin and turned him to Chaos. During the Heresy they also blew the crap out of the Ultramarines and Terra.

Dark Apostle, and the upcoming Dark Disciple are exquisite and give you an in depth look into the organization and fighting styles of Lorgar's Chosen.

Another reason to fight as Word Bearers is there love for Daemons. While most Imperials and even some Chaos Marines still use warp shields on their ship when traveling through the warp, the Word Bearers don't. In fact they welcome Daemons to come and they love to use them in battle. Nothing is more rewarding than watching a group of Space Marines, Imperial Guard, Sisters of Battle, Grey Knights get butchered by an on rushing tide of Daemons. And if the Daemons don't work then you kill them with your bolters.

By the way...where is the Games Workshop guide to Word Bearers that Nihm was talking about?

Not sure anyones done a commercial thing for the Word Bearers so I thought I'd have a go....

Hate the Ecclesiarchy? Ever wanted to punch one of those damnable priests in the face or turn a planet into a Daemon World? Want to blow the crap out of those goody-goody-two-shoes Ultramarines? Then drive to the library, pick up a copy of "The Book of Lorgar" and go to a comfy spot because you've got some reading to do.

Why should you play Word Bearers? Because they are badass, scary, and they have lots, and I mean LOTS of Daemons and Cultists.

Lorgar has to be one of the coolest primarchs out there. Imagine a Chaplain on super CHAOS steroids. Ya...he's that cool. He also has to have one of the most dramatic stories of all the primarchs. He worships the emperor as a god before everyone else, he gets chastised for it, and then turns to Chaos only to find out that the Imperium made the Emperor a god after he left. Annoying huh?

Also the Word Bearers are behind the WHOLE Horus Heresy. Thats right, without them there would be no Chaos marines and this sub-forum wouldn't exist and we wouldn't be having this conversation would we?

They set up a trap for Horus on Davin and turned him to Chaos. During the Heresy they also blew the crap out of the Ultramarines and Terra.

Dark Apostle, and the upcoming Dark Disciple are exquisite and give you an in depth look into the organization and fighting styles of Lorgar's Chosen.

Does the Black Library make the Book of Lorgar? I didn't think they did

Also, Dark Apostle is the reason I have Possessed squads and Screamers of Tzeench in my army. Using your daemon-enhanced strength to crush a man like a soda can with your bare hands? Awesome. Cutting a Guardsman's arm off so that he's then blown up by his own grenade? Freakin amazing and disturbingly humorous ;) .

I've always seen Lorgar as having the most obvious reason to fight against the Emperor. All he wanted to do was preach the divinity of the (False) Emperor, and the Emperor said "Stop preaching and start taking more worlds for me." Who wouldn't get at least a little pissed off in a situation like that?

Does the Black Library make the Book of Lorgar? I didn't think they did

Also, Dark Apostle is the reason I have Possessed squads and Screamers of Tzeench in my army. Using your daemon-enhanced strength to crush a man like a soda can with your bare hands? Awesome. Cutting a Guardsman's arm off so that he's then blown up by his own grenade? Freakin amazing and disturbingly humorous :P .

I've always seen Lorgar as having the most obvious reason to fight against the Emperor. All he wanted to do was preach the divinity of the (False) Emperor, and the Emperor said "Stop preaching and start taking more worlds for me." Who wouldn't get at least a little pissed off in a situation like that?

The Book of Lorgar if I recall correctly is big enough to fill up an entire library on it's own :P

TDA

That's why Lorgar never shows up in the real world. He is always busy!!!

By the way, by this time I think Lorgar should have figured out that "THE WORD" is not asaccurate as he imagined at first. After having spent 10,000+ years writing and teaching "THE TRUE WORD" and seeing many of his plans thwarted and ruined for whatever reason (mostly imperial) It should be sensible to him getting also a little dissapointed with his gods ^_^

With all this dissapointment in his life if I was him I should be a liitle bit angry.... although, being now immortal, maybe he is not so worried about eternal dissapointment.

Archived