Hello brothers! I have a few very old photos (10+ years) of my old army. I'm currently rebuilding it with all new models with 10 more years experience painting. Critiques welcome of course!

The army as a whole, 6th ed rules.

http://i.imgur.com/ZxEF064.jpg

Sanguinary Guard

http://i.imgur.com/lNeRLIC.jpg

Death Company

http://i.imgur.com/n20SVsB.jpg

a few close ups

http://i.imgur.com/VrBrBkW.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/XjCyYyX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hQ7XZOH.jpg

Edited by rayvn26

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all

Wanted to show my Mephiston conversion. And my new Captain Smash. Only played two games with both, they have already wrecked several Knights and a lot of MEQ. Mephiston is based on our Sanguinary Priest. The collar is modelled with green stuff. 

http://www.runekappel.com/Filer/figurer/BA/Mephy.jpg

http://runekappel.com/Filer/figurer/BA/Smash.jpg

Edited by Kappel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a question, and I didnt want to start a new thread about it. Has anyone used the forgeworld shoulder pads for terminators and has a picture to share? I find that the generic terminators are very bland compared to the BA assault terminators, but maybe these shoulders could improve them alot. I tried google but couldnt find anything.

I'm afraid this picture doesn't show them fully but it's all I have to hand. I can try and find time to take a better angled picture if you like. I found that they did make a difference, they won't compare to the BA specific models of course but they look far better than the standard Terminators.

gallery_27469_12034_76255.jpg

• 1 month later...

I promised when I sold my Blood Angels that I would never wholly abandon the Sons of Sanguinius. The opportunity to come back to them was presented by Indefragable of these very halls, who after buying a few items from my collection commissioned me to paint these two Xiphon Interceptors. And very enjoyable to paint they were too! I hope he likes them and that they serve him well. We'll find out in a couple of weeks as I'm delivering them in person!

Blood-Angels-Xiphon-Interceptors-High-An

Blood-Angels-Xiphon-Interceptors-Pair-76

Blood-Angels-Xiphon-Interceptors-Low-Ang

Blood-Angels-Xiphon-Interceptors-Low-Ang

• 1 month later...

Finished Lemartes. Special shout out to my 3-month old son, who took longer naps than usual this week, giving me plenty of time to knock this out.

Lemartes Glamor

Lemartes front

Lemartes right

Lemartes back

Lemartes left

Lemartes Jump Pack

Hopefully, this is the last Citadel resin ("fine"cast) I'll ever do. Between this guy and the Sanguinor, I'm solved of my dislike for metal models. There were just so many imperfections, often going unseen until I was painting. A real headache, and one I'm ok with never revisiting.

That said, I am proud of this model, and I feel it's my best yet.

• 1 month later...
Forgot to add this one. I finished my aggressors about a week after that Lemartes.

Aggressors

Aggressors Sarge

Aggressor Back

Aggressor Lefty

Aggressor Righty

I dig how these guys look, but much like Intercessors, I'm not pleased with how inflexible the kit is. I dread filling out the squad to 6 someday, cause it will take a lot of work to make the next three not exactly the same as these, minus the sergeant's unique torso. Also, I don't like the hood, as it makes painting the head blue harder than is necessary.

But overall, I'm pleased.

• 2 weeks later...

Been into the hobby for a long time and finally decided to start an army to play my first game with. Recently finished painting up these scouts and onto some Sanguinary Guard next. 

I'm overall happy with how they came out and I've got some transfers on the way. I have a hard time with faces though, no matter how much I thin the paint I just can't nail the detail, and don't get me started on the nightmare that was trying to paint the eyes, which as you can tell I gave up on.

jVyhJBB.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Have just finished a set of killteam ruins (still a little weathering to go) and wanted to put a model on them for scale.

Got a bit carried away and stuck most of the BA army on them... it's probably the first time I've taken some basic shots of the whole group.

Some pics below -

med_gallery_64798_14233_159444.jpg

med_gallery_64798_14233_204246.jpg

med_gallery_64798_14233_83939.jpg

med_gallery_64798_14233_122983.jpg

med_gallery_64798_14233_163252.jpg

med_gallery_64798_14233_16157.jpg

med_gallery_64798_14233_89843.jpg

med_gallery_64798_14233_67871.jpg

Copied over from my HoH topic (as suggested by Jol).

- - - - -

Over the last couple of months I finally decided to get off my arse and get an army done for 8th edition.

This summer just gone, I bought Dark Imperium and, after a bit of press-moulding, added the Blood Angels chapter symbol to all the left shoulder pads. After a fair amount of procrastination, I started painting them early September.

I since added the marines from the two recent 2 player sets plus a few extra boxes. I'm now sitting on a decent sized (all Infantry) army that I can continue to expand as more Primaris models get released.

- - - - -

So, here they are:

32132044268_b00ec1a301_b.jpg

- Gravis Captain, Store Birthday Captain, Librarian, 3 Lieutenants and an Ancient

45091288805_35659f0495_b.jpg

- 3 units of Aggressors (3 Auto Boltstorm + Fragstorm Squads)

45091291735_7ebf9e0798_b.jpg

- 4 units of Intercessors (2 Bolt Rifle Squads, 1 Auto Bolt Rifle Squad, 1 Stalker Bolt Rifle Squad)

45091289225_5b3869063c_b.jpg

- 3 more units of Intercessors (1 Bolt Rifle Squad, 1 Auto Bolt Rifle Squad, 1 Stalker Bolt Rifle Squad)

45278712574_644c60c4a4_b.jpg

- 3 units of Inceptors (2 Assault Bolter Squads, 1 Plasma Exterminator Squad)

45091289135_62fb144258_b.jpg

- 3 units of Hellblasters (2 Plasma Incinerator Squads, 1 Assault Plasma Incinerator Squad)

- - - - -

Plus some dynamic pics (for added flavour :wink: )

32132056658_d2923f1cb5_b.jpg

32132056298_dc57300b06_b.jpg

32132056228_deb416dfdf_b.jpg

44186926060_cfc3b48ef2_b.jpg

45278719274_d0aa5d5f25_b.jpg

32132053398_44fa197040_b.jpg

46002805881_f008fa34a4_b.jpg

31063881377_229d7300ce_b.jpg

46002805291_45efd8a6ab_b.jpg

45278714844_6113f2fa0c_b.jpg

44186921600_d79f5fa425_b.jpg

Hope you like them.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like this is a good time to remind people that this thread is for finished models, not WIP ones.

The Blood Angel Showcase 2.0

Welcome to the showcase gallery of the collected Blood Angels & Successor Chapter models. We invite you to post your completed work in this thread.

There are no restrictions otherwise � show off your characters, your squads, your whole army � anything and everything BA is welcome. Post pics of your models on display or on the table-top; smashing down your opponents in-game, etc.Note: This thread is intended showing off your completed models and not for soliciting comments or presenting WIP. Replies like these will most likely be broken off into discussion threads in the main forum � or eliminated as the case may be.

Our advanced thanks to everyone who shares their work with us.

I feel like this is a good time to remind people that this thread is for finished models, not WIP ones.

*snip*

Indeed, latest batch of WIPs have been moved to their own thread

Perhaps this might be the wrong place to ask, but would anyone have any examples of weathered/battlescarred Blood Angels or Marine models? And what are the feelings towards clean vs weathered models?

It might be :) Is there something specific you've seen in this thread you want to ask about? Alternatively, create a thread on the subject or even ask in BA Today (keep in mind that this thread is fast moving so it may be skimmed over...)