Iron Hands.... of irony

kikkala

Just went through all 32 pages! Reminded myself of the sheer awesomeness of this army!

Those helmets from Maxmini look great - i will be keep an eye out for more updates on this army.

Will you be expanding this army with superheavies? (i.e. an IH themed baneblade and/or variant?)

Keep up the great works!

Amit

ps. i hate you, and talented people like you ... you guys suck! :P (joke)

• 1 month later...

The Iron Hands return! With golden bolter single mini-piece :D.

Some of you might remember Telion-proxy I made a long time ago, he's outdated and looks bad. So updated version is necessary! :P

gallery_25055_1634_13862.jpg

Looking great as always, I was considering doing an Iron Hands Tellion counts-as for my single figure, I've been eying up that "Iron Hand Straken" or something charactor in the guard codex, but it's on the backburner now. I don't think I could compete with yours anyway lol. Look forward to seeing your progress.

@The Flexing

Haha, thanks mate :). With lots of practice anything is possible :P.

@Skoby

Thanks mate, converting Straken to Telion would be cool, you should reconsider the idea <_<.

@Peter

Thanks, I don't mind, borrow away :cuss.

@TAS

Thanks mate, I've got couple of scout models left, some fun side projects sometime perhaps ;).

Some progress tonight, remodelled the bolter and started sculpting a cape. Cape isn't ready yet. :P

gallery_25055_1634_59605.jpg

@The Flexing

Thanks mate :).

@TAS

Let me tell you a secret... after few tries, it's actually veery simple :(.

I used little bit plasticard between the legs to cover it up, and gs over the plasticard :P.

@sword brethen

Thanks mate :P.

@bannus

Glad to be assistance :blush:.

Midnight update time! It looks kinda silly now, but tomorrow I'll add some layers to thicken the cape.

gallery_25055_1634_117204.jpg

@Jukkiz

Oh snap! Not dark angels <_<.

@Terminatorinhell

Thanks mate :P.

Telion progresses quickly, but this update isn't about him. Let me tell you a story: Every time The Angelus Sanctus suggests some new idea, the idea starts to nag in my head until I do something about it. So TAS, you suggested a squad of scouts... I had only parts for one more scout. ;)

gallery_25055_1634_99073.jpg

With arms ;).

gallery_25055_1634_92274.jpg

I'd say gs, plasticard AND random bitz :D. We'll see what the future holds.

Scout continues. This time I added the folds instead sculpting only the core piece, I succeeded kinda nicely imo.

gallery_25055_1634_34195.jpg

<cough>...some painting also...<cough>

gallery_25055_1634_30475.jpg

Thanks smallvictory :). We'll see about the scout squad.

Ok, heavy bolter scout is finished. I thought it would be massive compared to metal sniper scouts, I was surprised positively :wub:.

gallery_25055_1634_78667.jpg

gallery_25055_1634_54355.jpg

And long waited Telion-update! I started sculpting the folds to the cape, and I need to remove part of the 'core' cape to make it look more natural. You can see the lone groove on models left side. Anyhow, what do you think about the folds?

gallery_25055_1634_10387.jpg

gallery_25055_1634_107134.jpg

gallery_25055_1634_1181.jpg

gallery_25055_1634_77150.jpg

Your idea of "some" painting is probably the same amount of painting i have done over 2 years!! :)

Great work Kik :P

I really like how you have tried to really give the Scouts a solid IH-theme, looks like it has done them a great service. Your GS work is of top quality and i must admit, that is some very smooth cape work :tu:

Archived