Iron Hands.... of irony

kikkala

If I end up ruining my space marines by paint stripping them then attacking them with a craft knife to recreate your Iron Hands I'm holding you personally responsible :teehee: I was getting slightly frustrated with my DIY chapter lacking charactor (and being a pain to paint) and reading most of this thread has me very very tempted to start over with an Iron Hands force, I especially love your assault terminator conversions. What diameter plastic rod do you use and what thickness plasticard?

WOW! lots of crazy stuff ;)

when i saw your drop pods i decided i had to make some so i looked around on the web and found a really nice dreadnought pod on www.santacruzwarhammer.blogspot.com

there quite easy to make even if you only have acsses to card and masking tape to seal up the edges

@Iron Corsair & ItSeWiNg

Thanks mate :).

@Firenze

Yeaah, nothing beats big mashy axe B)!

@Xavier Targhost

Thanks mate, maybe I'll add the cord from axe to arm, just like with thunder hammers.

@TAS

Thanks dude, it's good that the arm problem is fixed :P.

@Grokkit

Thanks mate, scratchbuilding isn't that hard, as long as you start with lil' things... don't make the same mistake I did... starting with big things like drop pods :P.

@Skoby

Haha, start a Iron Hands army with great consideration. Risks are great, but finished models are cool :). I've been using 0.5mm and 1.5mm rods and some different thickness cords (from headphones, etc).

@dreadmad

What a great find! Thanks mate, when I get over my fear of scratchbuilding, I'll try it out. :lol:

Phew, I survived both CoC and CoI, I was able get lots of stuff finished. I still have more stuff unfinished, so... waiting for next calls ;).

Finally, after so many requests... here's the updated ARMY PIC.

gallery_25055_1634_228152.jpg

Iron Hands army consist at the moment:

-Master of the Forge

-Librarian

-Captain (from 4th ed. times)

-Pedro Kantor counts-as

-Techmarine

-10-man Sternguard squad

-2 Ironclad Dreadnoughts

-5-man Assault Terminator squad

-10-man Tactical Squad

-10-man Tactical Squad

-10-man Tactical Squad

-5-man Scout squad

-5-man Devastator squad

-2 Predator Destructors

-Rhino apc

-3 Drop pods

I still need 2 more rhinos :P.

And don't forget the Assault Captain, he returns with updates!

gallery_25055_1634_147695.jpg

Indeed, it has come a long way! You're actually part of the inspiration behind my Pre-Heresy Iron Hands. Your Assault Captain looks great! My favorite mini you've created besides the Assault Captain (He's my number 1 favorite!) is the Librarian.

Yes Yes Yes! Wow that looks soo cool! ur a real figure in Iron hands!!!!!!!!

P.S. I'm new to BaC and i waz wonderin how do you have the signature after the line of

-----------------------

coz I can't seem to put one on automatically

Thankz

@TAS

Yep, long way indeed, this army started as funny side army project, but it has grown almost 2000p strong :devil:, thus replacing dark angels as one of my 2 armies :P.

@Iron Corsair

Thanks mate, glad to be assistance in your pre-heresy iron hands army :).

@Grokkit

Thanks mate :). There's section on your accounts controls panel called 'Edit Signature', put some stuff on there, and the lines should appear.

Lil' progress with Assault Captain, added some cabling on legs, and started painting :P.

gallery_25055_1634_84821.jpg

(sorry for bit dark pic, I haven't yet installed photoshop on my comp.)

I swear each model you created constantly ups the par each time.

Great work (as always!) ;)

I do agree with NemFX that the thighs could have done with some bulking up, but overall model looks great. I swear a time will come where you will just be making IH minis from plasticard and GS alone :)

Any major plans to keep expanding the army after this ?

Great Job on the DP's!

Love the Assault Captain!

Just wondering if you could make a tutorial for how to make your scratch built DP's

Great Army! Has really come a long way!

:D Master Gladious

:D the sign of officalness

Awsome wroke there on the assault captain :P and i see you did put some wiering on the leggs like hopet you would and nice toutch with the hipp plates too :) looks cooler by every time i look att him B)

just had a though :) have you thought about giving him an iron halo? :D could be cool tho have it in the shape of a coggweal, spike wise if you see what i meen ?

Love your Iron hands army :)

cheers Kikkala Master of bionics

@Iron Corsair, bluewolf74727 & Firenze

Thanks dudes :).

@NemFX

They might be lil' flimsy, maybe because of pic angle, I dunno. I prefer them to be little bit thinner than normal legs. Maybe after captain I could try to do a scratchbuilt servitor? ;)

@TAS

Thanks mate :D. Besides the two more rhinos, I don't have other plans for the army.

I swear a time will come where you will just be making IH minis from plasticard and GS alone :lol:

Let's test this out then, with NemFXs servitor idea, shall we ;).

@Master Gladious

Thanks mate :). Maybe after 1000 hours of extra practice I could even think of doing DP tutorial :P. Sorry mate, I'm still learning scratchbuilding big stuff.

@Xavier Targhost

I totally forgot to put the Iron Halo, thanks for reminder :).

More progress, most of model painted, added iron halo (thanks to Targhost), and my version of aux. grenade launcher is added too.

gallery_25055_1634_65303.jpg

Wow, army looks freaking awesome. Even they are black they look painted, which is hard. Only minus comes from Drop Pods, they look that they are WIP. If they aren't I suggest that you try to convert Storm Bolters top of them and also somekind of icongraphy would be good idea. And also I would add something different kind of colour, like your white.

About new Captain, axe staff looks quite a thin. It looks like that I could sunder it by yelling hard. Try to make it more "fatter".

Jumalauta, jätkä. En ole suomessa nähny noin hyvin maalattua mustaa armeijaa. Jatka samaa rataa ja pidä lippua ylhäällä. Pakko välillä antaa jotain vinkkejä, kun ei nämä britit sitä näköjään osaa. Mutta vielä kerran, helvetin hienoa työtä teet ja jatka sitä.

Hehe thanks Kikkala :) always a nice to be of servise :)

Hope though that you dont leave us here without your awsome and werry inspiering conversions and armeys.... :cry: afterall you are one of my topp five here to watch... ( ehumm well you have 2 spotts there too outof 5 :D ) Iron Hands and Worldbearers of yours.... :wub: so hope to see you continiu one them and maby start another nice and awsome army to watch grow :) hehe..

Cheers and salute in the meen time!

Nice to see the Capt is still taking shape nicely ;)

I'd be VERY interested to see how your pure Plasticard/GS construct goes! I'm sure it will be a marvel indeed!

I also feel bad somehow, maybe it's just me thinking it, but i swear some of your more "crazy" minis have all had some subtle suggestion placed into your mind by my hand :tu:

@Grokkit: Don't use text speak. If you have time to post, postit with proper english. just a bit of courtsey.

@Kikalla: This looks soooooo good. I really want to play you now.

@akutat

Hehe thanks mate :). Kyllähän tosta aseen rivast tuli aika ohut, pitänee ostaa paksumpaa plasticardia rimaksi, mutta olkoon nyt noin. Ja podit on tottakai juosten kustuja, alkoi päähän ottaa niiden teko. Freehandia jo lupailinkin jonkin aikaa sitten, motivaatiota kun ensin saisin. :P

@Xavier Targhost

Don't worry, I'm not leaving anywhere :D.

@TAS

Thanks mate, I don't mind your crazy ideas :D, so let's see how the plasticard/gs monstrosity fares....

@Grokkit

Thanks dude, I usually bend the wires next to paintbrushes or something similar rounds things.

@Firenze

If you'd play against me, you'd most certainly win. I'm not the best tactician. :)

Assault Captain finish'd.

gallery_25055_1634_86068.jpg

And here comes in honor of NemFX (for the idea) and TAS (for making me do it), 99% plasticard/gs servitor (upper torso from night gobbo).

gallery_25055_1634_205448.jpg

A beauty ;) .

Really like your concept on the Iron Hands and all those cut up marines in my bit box from the past and the future may find their way into an Iron Hands army or maybe an Iron Warrior army...the heresy. And I gotta say I really like your scratch built servitor. He does still seem very WIP however...though that is my option as i think he needs some extra wires and some rivets. But that face speaks volume to me. Really makes me think that the servitor was once a proud human that has had his memory wiped and is now nothing more then a mix of machine and flesh to serve mankind even after death.

Cheers, Messanger

Archived