Iron Hands.... of irony

kikkala

The Capt looks great ^_^

As for your "Greencard/Plastisculpt" construct, i'm very surprised at the amount of progress you have made already. I assume this will actually be a true Servitor (to attach to a future foot-trooper Techie?) Looking forward to seeing how the construct develops, but so far, you've made a fantastic start!

Although next time, perhaps a full 100% "Greencard" construct? ;) :P

hehe good to hear mate :D and your awsome Assault Captain turnd out briliant too :) ;) humm i where thinking about that maby you can now make a vanguard squad maby fitting for him with lots of bionics on them too? could be cool and a nice project for you ? ^_^ hehe..... :P

Wow the servitor looks amazing! You're really talented!

Also the auxillary grenade launcher is really cool It's the first one ive senn on a model and certainly sets the bar high.

@ Firenze- Sorry about using text speak! I'm used to RPG games.:down:

@Iron Corsair

Yup, beautiful in some way :P.

@NemFX

Well, I used current servitor models as reference, but more armor could do the trick? He'll be common repair servitor :).

@Messanger of Death

Thanks mate, he is still WIP, arms particularly. For the next step I'll be adding some flesh on them. (Iron Warriors... the heresy! :D)

@TAS

Thanks mate :). Yup, he'll be true servitor, whenever I'll need servitors on a game(not very likely though).

@Xavier Targhost

Thanks dude, vanguard eh? I'd prefer a 10-man assault squad, but vanguard would be possible in someway. I won't be doing either one in a long time, at least I'd need to test assault captain in game first :P.

@Grokkit

Thanks mate, well the bar isn't that high :P.

Continuing with servitor, some cabling added (more on the way), and tried sculpting muscles for the first time. Funny story actually, before starting the sculpting, it's good to have some reference, so I look my own muscles. Since I didn't have any, good ol' Arnold helped out.

gallery_25055_1634_100600.jpg

With the servitor, it was first time for me to sculpt clothing. I practiced more with scout model, reposing the legs. Let's see will the lighting hit the same spot twice?

gallery_25055_1634_110321.jpg

@TAS & Ferrus Manus

Thanks dudes :D.

@blackblade68

Thanks, and here's the pic you asked for (showing a ugly mistake):

gallery_25055_1634_46392.jpg

@Grokkit

Thanks mate, with practice anything is possible, and my sculpting skills aren't that great :).

@Iron Corsair

Nope, I still have only one servitor :P. Either that or the servitor started to multiply, trying to conquer my painting desk :).

Ok, some paint layers over here and there... lots are still WIP.

gallery_25055_1634_56979.jpg

Well my interpretation of what you'd do would have looked more like this..

gallery_21363_1084_11296.png

Except less a minigun and more of an autocannon shaped sniper rifle.

.. and yes, i realize the irony of drawing a gun then saying i thought itd be something else, but its hard to draw that kinda gun..

Ok, some paint layers over here and there... lots are still WIP.

gallery_25055_1634_56979.jpg

Oh my goodness - I've never noticed how terrible the jaw is on the plastic Scouts are, but my first reaction to seeing this is 'hey! It's American Dad!' :huh:

It's a shame, as your conversion is really cool, it gives the model a real sense of dynamic movement.

Nice army, but I must admit I'm a bigger fan of your Word Bearers ;) :devil:

Oh that kind of servitor :P. Let's see... servitor model from there, some GS and poking with sculpting tool...

gallery_25055_1634_91627.jpg

:D

Fantastic work!!! :tu: You have really exceeded expectations on this "small challenge" that was presented to you kik. You sure you dont want to make some more Servitors for your IHs? ;)

If not, i propose to you this....

i DARE you to make a ~500 point Adeptus Mechanicus army now ;) :P ;)

@firestorm40k

Agree with the major chin, I should've cut off the chin. I wonder why you prefer the word bearers ;).

@TAS

Thanks mate :). Haha, 500p of Mechanicus :P, maybe after you finish 500p of Iron Hands first :D. Joking aside, gnawing started on my head once again, mechanicus this and mechanicus that. It didn't give me peace of mind for 4-5 days, until couple days ago I surrendered...

Damn you TAS, and curse your crazy ideas ;):lol:.

@Grokkit & Iron Corsair

Thanks dudes.

@Terminatorinhell

Sorry mate, that project is on hold now, for new side project has started :P.

Yup, new side projects get started and old ones will be frozen. I'm waiting for some bitz to arrive, so working currently with this.

*flails fist on the air* Damn you TAS ;).

gallery_25055_1634_130295.jpg

See, that wasn't TOO hard now was it? :P ;)

Man, when you say you had ideas, you weren't kidding in the slightest! It'll be great to see a small force of AdMech from you. I think you'll really model them all with the justice they all deserve. Plus think about it this way, now you've done both armies from the first WB book ;) (well minus IG, but we aren't worried about that :lol:).

Great work man :tu:

@Iron Corsair

Thanks mate :D.

@TAS

Haha, slow down there :D, I'm not doing new army yet :D. Both IH and WB armies will get more additions in the future ;). Maybe the adept could be used on Inq28, etc.... :P

Adept gets more green stuffings.

gallery_25055_1634_28991.jpg

Oh, and my bitz package arrived (here's some foretaste of coming)... oh boy :(

gallery_25055_1634_77041.jpg

After the adept-project has been finished, the Iron Hands will get a unit that can be described as... Honourable. And what could that be ;):P.

Speaking of time, I didn't have enought today. I was only able to kitbash the sarge. <grumble>

gallery_25055_1634_223593.jpg

Looks familiar somehow, dunno why :P.

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but isn't your third Sergeant your original Force Commander...?

I just had a quick flick through and I must say that your work is astounding, I'm loving your work and cannot wait for more :huh:

Plus, especially looking forward to this 'Honorable Unit' you have in store for us... ;)

Arenis

Archived