Iron Hands.... of irony

kikkala

• 1 month later...

Hooray! First 700 points painted!!!!

gallery_25055_1634_137642.jpg

And some progress with long forgotten librarian:

gallery_25055_1634_117773.jpg'

He'll have osl effect on his left hand, like in his eyes and mouth.

OT: 3 more days to study for big exam.... :tu:

What do you think?

hey kikkala, i love the lib., i was just wondering if you'd mind me "borrowing" that pose for a lib for my iron hands army. the arms wont be in the same pose as yours, and the legs and body will be more bionic. but the whole flying up and being super psychic is what i want.

cheers

g-relk

EDIT: heres the link to my stuff if you wanna take a look-see.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=132995

Looks like they are coming along nicely, K. I especially like the glow effect on your Librarian - I plan to do something similar if I ever get around to putting a Libby together for my Iron Hands.

Get that Libby finished now. :rolleyes:

@g-relk

Sure, you can "borrow" my libs pose. :P

@ImperialTemplari

Thankies.

@TAS

Thanks to you too, some progress will be udpated, maybe tomorrow.

@bannus

Glad that you like the glow effect, I was pleased too how it turned out ;) .

Ok, no updates today, big test tomorrow. Sooo... can Kikkala start his studies as classroom teacher. Only the Emperor knows. :rolleyes:

As promised, update.

gallery_25055_1634_291719.jpg

Hehee, not so big update as thought. Pretty much happened today, and I'm dead tired.... (big exam, and car breakdown).

But how should I do the shaft... as I have done shafts usually with leather-like wrapping with my WB, or should I do solid look?

Thanks TAS.

Some unfortunate news, I dropped libbie down, and right arm was totally demolished... I couldn't find all parts of the arm, and after my tears had dried I might replace the arm with GK justicar sword arm. My luck is the best, don't you think?

ohhhhhhh man i feel sorry for you mate - thats' happened to me before! (only mine was a huge gust of wind when i was trying to prime the fricking thing so it ended up at the bottom of my garden in pieces!) Hopefully you can sort out the libbie soon as he is really cool, i love the glow and especially love the idea of him floating in the air as if ready to let loose some kind of psychic power. At this rate i'm going to have to pay someone to kidnap you mate, either to slow you down to give the rest of us a chance, or, more realisticly to show me your GS-fu and Conversion-fu Skills!!!! Hehe -_-

AAAH! Dropping models drives me CERAZY! The worst part being dark carpets... as soon as my models hit the deck there's pieces everywhere and i usually dont find them for weeks! Your libby would look amazing with arms outstretched with the Grey knights sword and his left arm outstretched as well with SKULS or FLAMES or similar scary objects of scaryness... Keep these guy's going, they look awsome!

S.O.N.

@Ekkanus

Sorry hear about that, that has happened to me before, as I have dropped the model on garden bench, and the model was still wet because of priming! :D

And by the way, did you really think that kidnapping could slow me down? :)

@Weiss

Thanks, luckily it was just one arm, if whole model had shattered, there would have been hell to pay... :P

@son of nocturne

What worse than dark carpets? Floor with cracks on it... :P

Your idea of strechting arms has been used ;) . Some scaryness coming soon.

Ok, as son of nocturne suggested:

gallery_25055_1634_223884.jpg

Something scary? Flames maybe, suggestions are appreciated.

A shame to hear about the accident kik, however, the Libs restoration seems to be going very well :) Plus its very fortunate that no more major damage was caused.

I think my only concern right now is with the Libs left arm. I'm guessing its because of the camera angle, but his arm seems to be a tad bit close to his body (id list this as a major issue) however, the other issue, which ill attribute to camera angle is that it looks like his arm has rotated in a more in-human way.

However, this could also be me being over analytical :)

floors with cracks... OH GOD! id be crouched in a corner gently rocking myself to insanity! Hehehe! The left arm does look strange... is it still wip? maybe if it was posed similarly to the justicar arm? i dunno, still looks brilliant!

S.O.N.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks to all for your comments ;) .

gallery_25055_1634_112914.jpg

Base needs little bit touch-ups, and he's done!

Note: I messed up with the matt varnish, some shining can be seen.

A ball of light in his left hand would be cool, and make it reflecting onto his army. Keeps with the creepy thing you've got going there.

And awesome models btw, but the lascannon is a little sketchy atm, but overall excellent stuff.

@Frost Knight

Thanks, servo skull as familiar is a good idea :) .

@Devon Mindal

Flaming skull looks always cool, but it's so regurally used thing. :D

@Pandora

Thanks to you too, the ball of light is excellent idea! :P

A little photoshopped pic of the idea what I'm planning to do:

gallery_25055_1634_327156.jpg

What do you think?

Archived