Iron Hands.... of irony

kikkala

@the jimster

Yeah, just painted :) .

@Frost Knight

Servo skull could be on the base, shoulder or maybe on the backpack. But it could make the model too busy though.

Double postage :devil: .

I had a termie lying on my painting area, and wondering how should I paint (possible) terminator squad.

gallery_25055_1634_297459.jpg

gallery_25055_1634_355305.jpg

gallery_25055_1634_238819.jpg

I'm pretty happy how it turned out.

Libbie updates next, just wait!

@Weiss & TAS

Thankies :P .

@icallitsoda

Thanks to you too, only my librarian has matt varnish (samething with dullcoat?) and it got little glossy, 'cause of little mistake while varnishing it.

@Disistablishmentarianism

Yep, I'm pretty much disappointed too at it, as painting white is getting reeally frustating. Maybe I'll do little bit of testing with the new washes I just got (I just got to mention them everywhere :) ).

• 2 weeks later...

the techmarine looks great as an iron father, but its a shame you dont have the iron father model gw released a couple of years ago. i had mine from my old ih army, so i revived him. if your putting the servo harness on him then i suggest that you pin the arms on, but ot glue them, or magnetize the servo harness itself. ive bent mine a couple of times in transport.

the termie cam out great too, but i agree that the weapons are looking far too blue. i feel your pain having to paint white weapons tho, its a royal pain in the arse!

looking forward to more updates (whixh reminds me that i have to update my thread)

*starts taking pictures of new minies*

Thanks g-relk. The iron father model is delicious indeed, choppy wise :) , I was planning to combine parts from him and generic chaplain models to make "different" like iron father, but what I have heard that GW discontinued the model. Maybe I'll find it in the future.

I'm not so worried about his transposation as he has never broken when I've moving him from field to another. Well, I've dropped him to ground couple of times, but that doesn't count! :)

The Iron Daddy continues:

gallery_25055_1634_282675.jpg

On the subject of dark floors and not finding bits; that is why I have a matted down (it is like normal carpet now) puke green shag carpet. It is hard and flat (don't ask) so I can look down and find any bits I lost.

Also where are the techmarine and terminators bionic!?!? Iron Heretic! (I struggled on that one)

yeah, the iron father model is discontinued, thats y i had to rescure my old one.

i think rajden boughtt one off a friend or e-bay maybe. just have a look around, it shouldnt be to hard to find one and rescue it with the help of some nail polish remover.

the axe in the IF turned out awesome, the blue-ish-ness of it really works.

also, you should have another crack at making some bionics. get some bell wire from an electronics store and use that with old guitar strings.

quick and dirty guide for leg segments:

1) cut off the upper portion of the leg, and pin the other half to the groin bit, making sure that the foot sits well on the ground.

(its easier if you use the legs that dont have the knee pads, less GS work that way, and it looks a bit better)

2) fill the gap by gluing in bits of bell wire (which has been half stripped) and guitar strings to bulck it out and make it about the same thickness as a normal leg

3) tidy up the hip by making a bolt style joint.

to do that:

1) roll up a very small ball of GS.

2) squash it onto the top of the leg so that it is wide enough to cover the width of the leg.

3) smooth up the sides with some GS

4) put a line through the middle like on the end of a screw.

5) DONE!

the whole thing shouldnt take more than half an hour, and turns up great (see my librarian leg for a finished example here

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x61/g-r...er/DSCF0108.jpg

@Trajan

Thanks mate B) .

@Shadow Nugz

Good idea, eased my life quite a bit, thanks ;) .

<start excuses> Termie was just a test for termie paint scheme, maybe in the future, when I'll do the termie squad, there will be bionics. And about the iron daddy: he's big chunk of metal, and my last jeweler's sawblade broke about 2-3 months ago, and I didn't want to demolish the model with a metal saw. <excuses stop>

I suck badly. ;)

@g-relk

Maybe if I'm really lucky, I can find the model from an independent store, where I mostly buy my stuff.

Thanks for tutorial :D.

Ok, more progress.

gallery_25055_1634_364715.jpg

Metals are mostly done, black highlighting to the flamer, plasma cutter and right hand are in the to do-list. And removal of flashes, which miracously grew back :) .

Took me long enough to update this. :P

@plaugedpanda

Recipe for blue:

VMC Sky Blue and Skull White, that's it :lol: . You start with Sky Blue basecoat, and start adding more and more white to blue, until you have pure white on the top, simple, I think so :P .

gallery_25055_1634_111233.jpg

Base to go.

He is startin' to look very imposing, don't you think?

Great job on the black armor! It contrasts nicely with the blue power weapons and armor details. I think you should drill the barrels on the termie's gun or at least paint the barrels black, because that was the thing that stood out to me the most when I looked at it. Keep it up!

Archived