How to kill Abaddon ?

As a weird idea, a coupla cheap sorcerers with gift of chaos, they each have a one in three chance of spawning him and it doesn't count for his immune to ID rule (although i dont recall whether it can only be used in CC or not, even if it is, a pair of cheap princes with it might do it).

For some reason, this made me think of that part in Willow when they're all outside the Witch's castle and she's like, "Pigs! You're all pigs!" and they all turn into pigs. Heh.

It's still possible to teleport Abaddon down on the table together with a Terminator retinue ? If so, now that would be a uber-unit :)

Oh, and as for the C'tan thing, i saw Belial slapping a Nightbringer, just supported by another Terminator with TH, and even they together are weaker than Abaddon.

It's still possible to teleport Abaddon down on the table together with a Terminator retinue ? If so, now that would be a uber-unit :)

Even if you can't, lie to your opponent and do it anyway. We're Chaos.

Ahriman can. His special rules specifically state that one of his three powers a turn may be using his Force Weapon to gib someone.

So, He could use Warp Time and his Force Weapon.

Of course, it won't do him any good. Even if he's in a squad of T-Sons, he's an independant character. Abbadon will pick him out and kill him before he even gets to swing. Remember that Abbadon is Initiative 6, hits on threes, has a bajillion attacks, and enough strength to Instant Death Arhriman with only one unsaved wound.

Ahriman really has no chance at all against Abbadon in combat, even though he can use both warp-time and his force weapon.

Turning Abbadon into a spawn would be hilarious, but remember that he's toughness five, not four, so the Gift of Chaos only has a 1/6 chance of spawning him (and that's not counting the 1/12 chance of the sorcerer/prince failing its psychic test).

Ah yes i forgot that MoN... still :lol: for sheer comedy value you cant beat that.

Ahriman could cast gifts of chaos three times, giving him a 50/50 shot. Also if you do the math on Mephiston (I know I mentioned him before, but I actually did the math this time) and Abaddon should both kill each other in the first round of combat.

I don't really know what Mephiston's stats are. You may well be right. Certainly, no librarian is a terrible pick. They're all in the top class of character hunters. Abbadon is very tough, though--tough enough that even the most impressive character hunters only have, what, even odds with Mephiston? That's tough.

Im quite surprised no one has mentioned a Grey knight Grand master

These guys imo are the best at chr killing I know only I5 but with soome item i forget the name it lowers chaos I by 1

so far we are striking at same I, with true grit they have 5 attacks at stg 6, Abaddon is relying on a 4+ inv or our Grandmaster will use force through his weapon. in all fairness i think abaddon will kill him in turn 1 also with ID but he may take down the warmaster with him,

What about a brood lord? I8 5 attacks i think, rending power weapon at stg 5

with good rolls maybe,

and a fex up to 11 attacks at stg 10, going last but who cares with that backing you, altho hitting on 5's i think

Harley troupe will do it all the time I have lost Abaddon a couple of times to a troupe of 10-20 Harleys with kiss 2 attacks + 1 charge +1 2nd CCW =4 attacks times 20 = 80 attacks average 13 rends then the normal attacks that hit. I was shocked when the Killer clowns from outer space took Abaddon and his Terminator bodygaurd down in one attack round ;) .

Untill rend on H2H weapons gets a well deserved nerf Abaddon, vehicles (even Baneblades) and also Titans are just a bunch of rends away from the scrapheap because clearly a strength 3 Eldar is clearly capable of ripping arms of Titans because he has a spike on his glove ;) .

Harley troupe will do it all the time I have lost Abaddon a couple of times to a troupe of 10-20 Harleys with kiss 2 attacks + 1 charge +1 2nd CCW =4 attacks times 20 = 80 attacks average 13 rends then the normal attacks that hit. I was shocked when the Killer clowns from outer space took Abaddon and his Terminator bodygaurd down in one attack round :huh: .

Untill rend on H2H weapons gets a well deserved nerf Abaddon, vehicles (even Baneblades) and also Titans are just a bunch of rends away from the scrapheap because clearly a strength 3 Eldar is clearly capable of ripping arms of Titans because he has a spike on his glove :P .

The only way a harlie troupe can do it, is with the help of a farseer casting doom on abaddon and him not saving it. I seen a generic lord take down a harlie troupe.

How to kill, or at least stop Abaddon:

Recreate the intro of Jason X but with multiple sedative drips, and no tired guards.

Inflict some kind of insanity on him where he physically can't function.

Bury him inside a giant cobalt tomb. (cobalt is very resistant to Chaos warp energy.)

Turning Abbadon into a spawn would be hilarious, but remember that he's toughness five, not four, so the Gift of Chaos only has a 1/6 chance of spawning him (and that's not counting the 1/12 chance of the sorcerer/prince failing its psychic test).

In fact I've read about someone spawning the Deciver or the Nightbringer, can't remember which one B) Now THAT's hillarious.

TDA

Yeah, having read the leaked 5th playtest rules, I have to say that I am basically in favour of every single proposed change. There is nothing that I have read so far which I don't think is a change for the better, on the whole.

Archived