Thousand Sons

Corax_rg

Thanks Red.

I'm at school right now so no updates :P

But im in the process of painting my 5th and final possessed, so updates soon.

I've also finished touching up Ahriman, so i'll get some decent photos of him.

Termies are magnetised and sprayed and i have raptors to spray.

I'll move onto the raptors next, but the bases seem really flimsy, any tips on how to strengthen it?

Thanks.

Lucky. Your school doesn't block the B&C?

But on topic, they look amazing. In my opinion, 1k Sons are the best looking Chaos Legion. I love the highlighted yellow.

No, my school dosnt block it.

Its just Pandora and i that use this site in our school.

Well most probably just us.

And thanks :)

I plan on finishing my raptor champion today. Depends on how things go.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Sgt Stabby.

The yellow was a gradual build up from black.

On top of a black base coat i painted gray ( a mix of black, white and water, 2:1:1 ) Then another gray ( also a mix of black, white and water 1:2:1 ) Pure skull white and water (2:1) then a few layers of Golden Yellow and water (1:2)

I didnt highlight it, but shaded it.

Golden Yellow and bestail Brown (2:1) (looking for an ochre colour)

Then used lines of watered down chestnut ink in the areas where light barely reaches.

Hope this helped :)

P.s. Sadly, my phone camera dosent pick up on highlights too well. So you cant really see this.

Update time.

Sadly, no pictures. However, i have began painting my 3rd raptor who shall be a melta gun wielding bad ass :P

I've also ordered sealer. 500 ml of the stuff in 2 spray cans (250ml each).

Anybody have any idea if this would do 9 thousand sons an obliterator 5 possessed and 5 raptors.

I know it wont also do my termies, but im hopeful about squeezing enough out of it for those models.

P.s termies are unpainted bar one shoulder pad. I was trying out runes :P

Woo, triple post :P

Well my sealer arrived today :sweat:

And in reply to my last post, the stuff seems to go a long way, i managed to do Ahriman, an obliterator, 9 thousand sons, 5 possessed and 2 raptors.

Admitadly, second coating them was a struggle. But i'll certainly have enough for the rest of my raptors and my termies :D

Thanks for anyone who has viewed or shown an interest :)

• 2 weeks later...
Woo, triple post B)

that's not a good thing... infact it just clogs up the thread

next time just edit your last post

:) sorry about that, in regards to the models :tu: i'm trying TS and just can't seem to pull off the blue/yellow, but yours sure did! :jaw:

Yes, im aware thats not a good thing, it was sarcasm.

I posted new posts to make it easier to understand as the subjects were not really related.

But thanks :devil:

Are you painting onto a black or white basecoat?

Just paint in layers with the blue and make sure to paint white where you want the yellow.

Updates! ;)

gallery_30348_1731_2870.jpg

gallery_30348_1731_2142.jpg

gallery_30348_1731_6890.jpg

Nice Models, even if they are thrice damned traitors! (what, I'm a Space Wolf!) I'm amazed you can find the time to paint that well whilst in your GCSE year - I'm on my A-Levels at the moment, and as such am juggling time between 6 A-Levels, World Challenge, Space Wolves, Chaos, Nids and a Demi Legio of Titans (though the last ones a joint project... thank the Emperor for that ^_^)

Vassakov, I just want you to know that "We are in ur base, killin ur d00ds". Aka, half of the Thousand Sons are spread out all over the Fang, stealing your artifacts from your Dens and Great Wolf Holds. Just give up, already.

Ahem. Anyways. Corax, I demand to see more pictures! Keep up the good work. I'd love to see a group photo of what you have completed. I'm sure it all looks excellent in its yellow splendor.

-jason

@Vassakov: Pfft stupid hairy barbarians :P

Well as far as i'm aware my first exam is in may and i've already sat two, so im not studying at this moment in time which gives me alot of spare time to paint :Elite:

Can you Pm me some of your titans?

I'm intrigued :D

@Phosis: Why thank you :)

I'll get a group shot later for you, don't know how good it'll turn out, my last group shot was terrible :P

May have to check out some of the tutorials on taking photos.

And is there any chance of getting a pm of your thousand sons?

I looked on your profile and saw you dont have a members gallery.

Thanks

-Chris

Corax- That cheers me up that you'd want to see. I'll post the army in the Hall of Honor.

Also, on the subject of "yellow lining" your sons, check out my sorcerers in the Hall of Honor HQ section. You'll see what I'm talking about, and you have such a steady hand it should be no problem at all for you to replicate.

ps- Kudos on the raptor as your Avatar. More people should use their own models for that!!

-jason

EDIT: I just put my pictures up in the Hall of Honor Army Showcase section.

- Yeah, if we're hairy barbarians and we keep up trashing you, that makes you what exactly? *cough* Prospero *cough* Also, my CSM army is Khornate, though I have got a Tzeentchian Daemon Prince.

Anyways, I second the group shot request and the models-as-avatars point - it really helps id people (and it gives me a happy feeling.) I'll be starting a topic on the Legio Olympia when I get the first shell off my friend to work on and finally good luck with the GCSE's (if their like mine, you'll need it!)

Wow, nice demon prince ^_^

Is it by anychance inspired by the old PS1 game, legacy of Kain: Soul reaver?

Looks like him.

Cheers - to answer your question, yes he is. Classic game that. In games, he's a winged DP with MoT, Drain Soul (BoC) and Specteral Sight (Warp Time)

It is a good game, but thats wandering off topic.

More to the point, space wolves are silly :) :P

But on a more serious note, nice model you have there. And thanks for the interest :)

Archived