Thousand Sons

Corax_rg

@Pandora: Thats what you get for having deathguard as well as never built Emperors Children and old Khorne Bezerkers ;)

@Phosis: Why thank you. Haven't seen you post any updates over at the army thread, does this mean your Thousand Sons have stopped growing?

@Frost Knight: Thanks. :P

@Midas: Probably, i just really liked the models, i don't use them in games. :D

EDIT: That army shot you see there is what i play with.

• 4 weeks later...

Good to see this is still alive and kicking. Speaking of kicking, if you are at UKGD the Wolves are quite prepared to give you one -_-

On a more serious note, your army looks fantastic. I really, really like the gold/bronze effect on the Rhino and the MoT on it is really, really well done. How'd the GCSE's go?

Thanks Vassakov. Unfortunately, i will not be at UKGD this year, however, look me up next year. Im sure you drunken dogs will show me a thing or two next year ;)B)

The GSCE's went very well, passed everything. Yourself? -_-

Well, i'll be adding to my Eldar army next, but by my guesses, i'll be adding more a few sorcerers and lords next. I plan on having a lord and sorcerer in power armour and terminator armour, for flexibility reasons.

Do you have any suggestions on what i should add next?

I like the idea of Vindicators, but i don't have the heart to paint another tank right now.

Do you have any suggestions on what i should add next?
Given what you've painted so far, more scoring units (Troops).

How about some daemons to break the monotony of vehicle and power armour?

I was looking at adding some horrors, Nihm. But are deamons acctually very useful anymore with the chaos codex?

They just seem like very weak troops. I cant really thing of a use for them besides holding an objective.

However, if they prove to be useful, ill add some, along with a demon prince and another obliterator.

Thanks.

I was looking at adding some horrors, Nihm. But are deamons acctually very useful anymore with the chaos codex?

They just seem like very weak troops. I cant really thing of a use for them besides holding an objective.

However, if they prove to be useful, ill add some, along with a demon prince and another obliterator.

Thanks.

Well...they ARE S4 T4 troops that deepstrike near any icon...so before your thousand sons get outta thier rhino and shoot the hell out of the guys, the deamons could show up and take some shots for the marines and get stuck in shortley afterwords...

I don't know how well that would work, i'm not knowen to my friends as much of a tactition...but i've alwys wanted to pair deamons with my rhino full of Zerkers...

Thanks.

I'd use them for just that, grabbing/securing/denying objectives. I'd use either two minimum sized units, or two units of 10. (300 points)

Thanks.

Well...they ARE S4 T4 troops that deepstrike near any icon...so before your thousand sons get outta thier rhino and shoot the hell out of the guys, the deamons could show up and take some shots for the marines and get stuck in shortley afterwords...

I don't know how well that would work, i'm not knowen to my friends as much of a tactition...but i've alwys wanted to pair deamons with my rhino full of Zerkers...

Exactly, they could also be used to 'bolster' your TSon units as these are both pricey and tempting targets (mostly due to their low number) for enemy assault squads.

If not lesser daemons, how about that Prince you mentioned? surely there's a modelling & conversion project in itself.

That should be fun. <_<

Ill add a unit of horrors next then a prince. However, i have an obliterator in the post, maybe that will motivate me to finally finish the one I've

had for months. :)

Im afraid Eldar come first until christmas, then ill add whatever i need in my chaos army to bolster it to 2500 points between new year and june. I'll still regularly update with a unit every now and then, so check back every so often. :D

• 4 months later...

Hey guys. Just a small verbal update. I had my prince built and painted, but some stupid kid knocked it off the table. I havnt had the heart to rebuild it and touch up the paint on it. So, im waiting for the plastic one to be released.

I went in to buy some things for my thousand sons the other day, instead i came away with 2000 points of fantasy. I know, im weak, but the new warriors are sooo pretty.

That obliterator i was waiting on is STILL lying unbuilt.

The only thing ive done with my chaos army is wash them all with devlan mud to give them a darker look. It worked very well, i must say.

• 2 months later...

Finally. An update. THIS ARMY ISN'T DEAD, PEOPLE! :P

gallery_30348_1731_46118.jpg

gallery_30348_1731_11312.jpg

gallery_30348_1731_13676.jpg

gallery_30348_1731_10601.jpg

I think i got the grimy look i was going for. And, my second obliterator is 4/5ths done. He just needs a wash of devlan mud and sealed.

Archived