Thousand Sons

Corax_rg

I was looking at that myself, Demenhoth. But i've run out of sunburst yellow, and have failed in my attempts to mix it.

I will eventually highlight them. ( The yellow on the raptors is shaded, rather than highlighted for some reason. Wasn't really thinking when i did it :P )

But thank you :P

Edit: Gramatical errors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Coming along nicely, Corax! I really think you've got a good paint scheme and they're really, really good models. What else are you planning to add? Given the adeptness of the TS Marines themselves, I would recommend getting a few decent sized squads - perhaps 3 squads of 9. Comes to 762 (sorcerers have Doombolt.) Gives you about 740 points to play with and you can still add Ahriman and have 500 pts to play with.

And as for the Titan... I should be getting the shell anytime this week and then my work starts.

Also, you know that FW Reaver? I've got templates for the Armourcast one... Watch this space, it may well happen.

Wow, i may have to start a space wolf army at the end of this year biggrin.gif

Well, we aren't the best Chapter for no reason now, are we? ;)

I was going to add more suads, thats just the first ;)

Next in line though is a forge world dread :)

Then i can use the possessed when i need to tie up dangerous shooty squads, and the dread when i need to blast the crap outta stuff. :)

I was originally planning on having 3 squads, and bolt of change for taking out tanks and stuff. :)

I also want to expand my termie and possessed squads to 10 man ones, but that will be the last thing i do to this army.

Not the best legion, but you gotta love the wolves in close combat ;)

Plus, i adore the ragnar books, so it was an obvious choice.

But they'll be a side project to my filthy xeno elder, which is my next goal after the thousand sons.

Thanks.

gallery_30348_1731_1567.jpg

gallery_30348_1731_128.jpg

Well, as you can see, ive started terminator 1. However, im having problems. He will obviously be darker once ive inked him, but he looks too...flamboyant, i suppose.

The blue is still transparent in places, and i still need to give the brass another coat, but the body is pretty much done.

Any C&C is welcomed.

• 2 weeks later...

Termie number one. :P

gallery_30348_1731_1868.jpg

gallery_30348_1731_8092.jpg

gallery_30348_1731_10532.jpg

gallery_30348_1731_2528.jpg

gallery_30348_1731_2490.jpg

gallery_30348_1731_5172.jpg

For the large armour plates ( the back top and vents ) I tried to creat a look of un-natural light flowing off the armour.

C&C welcome :)

I love it bright! bright fits tzeench like a glove. A tight, PVC glove. For spanking. Arse.

the olything I dislike about him is the lightning, it looks chessy, adn its quite thick (unlike those lovley runes) I think you should either thin them down, or just get rid of them.

other than that, brillaint, your blues and yellows are brilliant.

welldone.

Looking good so far, i especially love the axe that termie has...you don't live in Edinburgh by any chance do you, only where you take your pics looks hauntingly similar to my window frames where i snap my models lol

Why thank you all for the replies.

Asmodeus: I really wanted a bright model. So as you pointed that out, not really in this words, thanks :)

Lord_bunny: Thanks for the comments. :) This is my first attempt at lightning, so thanks for the constructive critisism. I'll be sure to thin the bolts. :)

Ekannus: Thanks :) No i dont live in Edinburgh. I live in Denny, near stirling. Only 45 minutes from Edinburgh. :)

@Lord Bunny - You scare me. :devil: Really, you do. Also, notice how this a TSons Army, and not a EC army. Take you perversions elsewhere! :P

@ The Topic - Thats a nice looking Terminator! The blue is bright and vibrant, the runes are well added, the only thing I can criticise is the lightning, which is too thick and doesn't look that good, which is a shame as the model is really well done otherwise. How are the GCSE's coming along?

I do thank you all for the comments. Due to a few mentions of the lightning, i will sort that. But first ill need a smaller brush. :P

EDIT: The GCSE's are coming along fine thanks, they properly start tuesday. :devil: So painting will take a hit, unfortunatly :(

• 2 weeks later...

Second terminator.

You'll notice there is no runes or lightning, im gonna practise abit more. :tu:

gallery_30348_1731_19820.jpg

gallery_30348_1731_11213.jpg

gallery_30348_1731_2867.jpg

gallery_30348_1731_17549.jpg

gallery_30348_1731_1634.jpg

gallery_30348_1731_4723.jpg

I'm really proud of the power fist. And i think i got the un-natural light looking better.

C&C welcome :P

Really nicely painted.I am impressed that such a brightly painted figure came out looking so good.Not a fan of bright armies,but this one is an exception.Keep up the great work.

• 2 weeks later...

For a first attempt at freehand thats pretty darn good. All in all i'd say this army is coming along nicely, and will be nice to see the army finished.

Ekkanus

These Termies are coming on really well! And the free hand on the Banner is excellent, the blending is very nice! Nice trophy by the way, one thing we can agree on is the only good Ork is a dead one. Preferably with a nice Ork-skull stein to go with it.

Thousand sons

HQ: Ahriman

Chaos lord- Terminator armour; Mark of tzeentch; Twin power claws

Elite: Terminators (5)- Icon of Tzeentch; Power fist; Chainfist; Combi-melta;Combi-flamer; Reaper autocannon; (champion) 245

Possessed (5)- Icon of Tzeentch; Champion

Troops: Thousand sons (8)- Aspiring sorcerer Bolt of change; Meltabombs

Thousand sons (8)- Aspiring sorcerer Bolt of change; Meltabombs

Fast attack: Raptors (5)- Aspiring champion (lightning claws); Icon of Tzeentch; Plasma pistol; Meltagun

Chaos bikers (3)- Icon of Tzeentch; Meltagun; Champion with Power weapon

Heavy support: Obliterator cult (3)-

Land raider- Havoc launcher; extra armour

Total: 2202

Theres the list of what i plan to add before i begin my xenos.

*HERESY!* :P

Sorry it took me so long to reply to that question properly Vassakov.

I will come back to this after i get somewhere with my Eldar. Probably pull it up to 4500 points, playing apocalypse hopefully. ^_^

Thanks.

EDIT: Thanks to you both :)

Jeez Vassakov, you space wolfs and your ale. :P

Your all faking it, marines cant get drunk. :P

About yer list matey, I reckon you should take Ahriman out and replace him with a Deamon Prince. They're pretty cheap points wise, (compared to Ahriman, as most special characters are extortionate.) And they'd most likely do more damage.

And they look well scarier on the field of battle.

Talk to ya tommorow, good luck with history. :rolleyes:

Jeez Vassakov, you space wolfs and your ale. ;)

Your all faking it, marines cant get drunk. :P

Uh oh, here comes my inner fluff nazi:

From Space Wolf, William King (Pg 219)

[Ragnar] was drunk and he knew it.This ale must be potent indeed to affect him despite his body's ability to metabolise poison.

Proof that you can get a Space Marine drunk. Why do you think we're so dangerous?

As for your army list, Ahriman is a personal choice. He is by no means a bad character but he is very expensive for what he does so in my opinion not worth it. On the other hand, the army is probably big enough to support him.

Can't really argue with Termies and a Termie Lord, Possessed are a big meh though. Sometimes they'll butcher the foe, more likely they'll just not be particularly effective, except as perhaps a tarpit against good foes where their 4+ Inv can kick in.

Two squads TSons with BoC - can't go wrong. Watch MEq's cry.

Raptors - Well, they provide a neat little distraction. Just don't let them get into CC with real CC elites, cause they aren't that good even with the Inv save. Same with the Bikes.

Oblits are Oblits. Nuff said.

And the LR will just be a fire magnet, be warned!

Still, a nice little list there, hope it goes well for you.

@Pandora: Cheers mate ;). How about you get some updates in over at the CoC? ;)

@Vassakov: I know, i've read the book, guess my jokes arn't too good ;)^_^

I only really have the raptors and bikes because they can tie up some easy squads to distract fire from my thousand sons.

Ahriman is there because i like the idea of this being his exiled warband. And the model is kick ass. :P

Will the land raider reallt attract alot of fire? I though it would have been charged with chainfists and the sort.

Thanks for the advice. :P

Archived