Friki Test Dark Angels...

Lemariont

Wow well done 37cee :). That was a toughy question CL, I didn't recall that part of the book at all until 37cee gave his answer !!

I did not either until Lucifer gave the hint.

Prepare yourself, your knowledge will be tested withing the next hour!

(if there is no posting after mine i will edit this posting, if there is one i will create a new posting)

Edit:

The hunt for the question continues, i haven't found one that i liked so far... but im working on it:

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1387/p1010001np9.th.jpg

before anyone complains the psf was a download of the GW homepage a while ago

It took longer than i thought and i didn't want to post anything that i found unsolvable. Even while i'm typing i have 3 questions that i will have thought about and i think all are solveable, if you have read the text, you at least might know where to look it up.

But finally i have to decide, i think this is the most solvable, at least for those that have followed the hobby for some time now:

What is the name of Grand Master Azraels homeworld?

I used a new post to make it more obvious that the question now has been posted.

edit highlighted the question

form what i know "the voice" insulted the Unforgiven during the 13. crusade (verbal). He threatened them to defend Caliban unless he would reveal their secret. And the DA would be working for dark powers. (this is what i remember from the Storm of Chaos campaign). The last message was traced to a company of Night Lords, and the Ordo Malleus wanted to defeat them, but we got them before thei =I= arrived.

I don't know if they captured the voice there.... or if this was at the "Crusade of the Ophidium Gulf" ... aka the BT incident. This part was discussed before in here somewhere. The BT joined the party uninvited and grabed the voice before we got our hands on him.

edit 13. crusade of course

So i guess threatening the DA to reveil their secret would be enough to withdraw our forces... especially if the voice is cypher.

(did he actually escape in the warp or did we destroy the ship and said he got away)

They're actually two different incidents, although most likely the same Voice of the Emperor. The one involving the Black Templars was in an alien star system, while the one in the question was indeed during the 13th Black Crusade.

However, the answer hasn't been posted yet.

Still haven't anything of real importance. But it was interesting, of course the appearence of the voice led to uprising, not only against the imperium but also against the rebellion (strengthening the faith of the people). Never the less this "voice" needed to be stoped - so the DA hunted him (assuming this is Cypher). The =I= on the other hand thinks that the Voice is a fallen Inquisitor (Mynarc).

So both forces put alot effort in catching him (without knowing who he really is).

While there is alot of potential for a conflict, there was no real evidence there was any sort of threats by the DA.

Like the invasions by imperial forces (of the worlds where the voice seemed to be) or the deployment of kill - teams to assassinate the voice (what if this was Cypher would have been most unpleasent)

Still haven't anything of real importance. But it was interesting, of course the appearence of the voice led to uprising, not only against the imperium but also against the rebellion (strengthening the faith of the people). Never the less this "voice" needed to be stoped - so the DA hunted him (assuming this is Cypher). The =I= on the other hand thinks that the Voice is a fallen Inquisitor (Mynarc).

So both forces put alot effort in catching him (without knowing who he really is).

While there is alot of potential for a conflict, there was no real evidence there was any sort of threats by the DA.

Like the invasions by imperial forces (of the worlds where the voice seemed to be) or the deployment of kill - teams to assassinate the voice (what if this was Cypher would have been most unpleasent)

Well, you obviously know a lot on the subject, so I have to say it's from a very specific source about the 13th Black Crusade. A very specific book. And it certainly states the reason Azrael threatened to pack the DA bags and leave. I can't really say anymore without copletely giving it away, if I haven't already, although I will say you are dancing around the issue.

As far as I remember the 13th crusade the Dark Angels were asked by Ursarkar Creed to redouble their efforts in the Agrippina Sector. Not willing to weaken the defences of Caliban and loosing the chance to capture the imposterous "Voice of the Emperor" Azrael threatened Creed that if he is puting demands to him he will simply withdraw the complete chapter to Caliban leaving the Agrippina Sector without the Help of the Space Marines.

Didn't Creed demand that the DA increase their help in the defense of Cadia (or help them there, if they were not present) at some point and that annoyed Azrael because he didn't want to retreat men from the Caliban system? (and all other unforgiven where in the Agripinaa Sector at this point i think).

What is irritating to me: According to GOA the Unforgiven were active in all those sectors at some point, most of them at Caliban but still quite a force in Agripinaa. Agripinaa was Very important do the DA, with the activity of the Voice and alot other fallen, this sector was much more interesting to the DA than it was Cadia.

Still "the hunt" seemed to have been paused for the time of the Crusade to drive back the forces of chaos. We even had no time for aour feud with the SW... so why does this puny human even complain...

___

minor edit: im not sure if we LEFT the cadia system to defend caliban in the first place ... (when the keep was attacked), leaving forces only in the Agripinaa Systemand in the Caliban System

Was it that Creed wanted the Dark Angels to redeploy into the defence of Agrapinaa, but Azrael wanted stay in the Caliban system to conduct a search for the "Voice of the Emperor" a la Cypher. Creed demanded that Azrael help him to help his regiments, so Azrael got annoyed and threatened to withdraw all of his forces from Agrapinaa, therefore virtually dooming the system.

I'll give the answer I was looking for. It's from the 13th Black Crusade Summary book.

Azrael told Creed to leave the Voice to the DA and stop investigating reports/fighting battles in the area he was rumored to be operating. Creed, and the Space Wolf Chapter Master, said that was ridiculous in a time of war to be ordered about without reaosn. Azrael threatened to pull the DA out of Agrippina if they continued to nose around.

And that's that. No winners according to the book.

New question on Tuesday I guess.

If nobody said more.... tomorrow ask again.

ODM win a point of Questions Unanswered (QU)

For each question that is made and nobody knows the answer (2 points)

Don't forget my point for getting the last question ;)

Hmmm, better think of another good one...

Archived