Modelling: Doghouse Pattern Truescale Marines

Doghouse

Thanks Doghouse. I did exactly that. I get teh pics up soon. And by the way I did him in about 2 hours, hes my first try and I is a GS-fu novice so dont laugh. Ill do better next time...

Apologies for the delay guys, this has been taking a back seat to real life stuff at the moment. Got the world and his mate on my back at the moment and will try and update asap. :P

Being a fully grown adult with responsibities sucks... ^_^

Unless someone happens to have a statis field generator lying around so I can freeze time, get this done then get back to boring real world stuff.

In the mean time, next you fill the abdomen (stomach area) with Green Stuff (the model not your own...) and smooth it over the smoothing techniques I described before.

Don't go over the upper torso though. You want a stepped effect where the upper torso is still thicker than the waist/abdomen.

:lol: all I gots is regular termies guess I go tto keep waiting.

I see no reason for waiting. They're basically the same bloody models, only difference is that the non-AOBR termies do not come with the backs attached. Spot of glue will solve that. But actually it's much easier if you do the torso first and then attach it, so you're actually ahead!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay Doghouse, I've got the stomach area filled in. But the chest plate has that weird curve in the bottom of it that I can't figure how to appropriately fill out, and I'm completely stuck on rounding out/filling out the back plate as well as how to make the back neck guard(and I'm hoping you're not going to suggest plasticard, as that is in short supply here).

The actual scale Tycho I'm currently working on needs you Doghouse :tu:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Got inspired to finally take the plunge and try a true scale myself. Here is my take on Vulkan using an AoBR "White Dwarf" Terminator model. It is a piece that I built in exchange for some classic models I needed for my collection so I will not be getting a chance to paint him :) . C&C welcome

Size Comparison

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk25/Sinsinatus/Works%20in%20Progress/True%20Scale%20Vulkan/DSCN3693.jpg

Right Side

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk25/Sinsinatus/Works%20in%20Progress/True%20Scale%20Vulkan/DSCN3689.jpg

Rear View

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk25/Sinsinatus/Works%20in%20Progress/True%20Scale%20Vulkan/DSCN3690.jpg

Left Side

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk25/Sinsinatus/Works%20in%20Progress/True%20Scale%20Vulkan/DSCN3692.jpg

I hope you like...

Sinsinatus

This is a great use of my badly painted terminators from ages ago, although ill only be making them for artificer armour.

well done on vulkan, i like the use of the apoth hand, shame you cant keep him.

Edited by sword brethren

awesome job and good tutorial..

just one question..

if you use termies for the power armour..what to do for "actual scale" termies??

I think synaps did one for his chaplain in terminator armor and that was the size of a dreadnought.

I'd find a link but I don't have much time in the internet cafe.

Doghouse,

Awesome tutorial. Been looking for this, and I was silly for not checking here first.

I have saved off what is done so far and will be creating a .pdf file once it is all done if that is alright with you.

Great work. Hope to see the rest soon.

~Eric

Gamelli Streamfisher: Thanks mate. The difference mainly between the truescale and the actual scale is portions. The truescale gothic marines are basically taller than the regular marines and give the perception that they are pretty big.

Actual scale is more about making them in proportion to what a seven and a half foot tall superhuman would look like.

Taarnak: Thanks mate, that's fine for you to do a pdf when it' finished. Might be a little while yet though before I can get the parts to do it. No idea how I managed to misplace twenty nine actual scale marines. :hu

Chaplain Khârn: Thanks mate. Trick is to do parts of the hood in small areas blending it in before it totally dries rather than bung on a big blob and flatten it out.

Great stuff guys! Both models are really good!

Truescale marines are more expensive than regular marines but it's usually a modelling thing rather than an entire army in most cases. Apologist though has done me proud with his awesome Pre-Heresy Ultramarines army.

Cheapest way is to use AoBR terminators as the basis of the models.

I want to first thank you Doghouse... I had struggled with want to do some True-Scale/Actual Scale work... I don't get the opportunity to game much, so modeling (and begrudgingly painting)are becoming the be-all of the hobby for me.. I know Synapse well, and his stuff has always been a bit big, as well as costly... Plus the amoutn of sculpting is hard, as I can only manage it in small bits due to some nerve damage in my hands.

But, seeing yours, and this recent madness of using AoBR has given me some hope it can be done!!! Especially since I just put in an order for about 3 AoBR sets since a friend wanted the orks out of them! Eagerly awaiting your next update, and hoping your real life smooths out a bit for ya.