pre-heresy truescale worldeaters

synapse

mwahahaha :devil: the termies are pretty much done:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x15/voropohaiah/HPIM2630.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x15/voropohaiah/HPIM2631.jpg

not 100% done (still need icons, banner and, of course, gore, name scrolls on bases) but basically finished. ill post better and individual pics when theyre fully done (tomorrow or saturday).

C&C welcome

here you go (sorry, but i have no normal terminators the only ones i have are truescaled. thenagain this character model is quite tall for a GW marine mini, as anyone who has it will know):

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x15/voropohaiah/HPIM2632.jpg

To say it with the words of my favourite novel character:

Like... duh? Oo

They are really great.

One thing though, please don't do name scrolls on bases. Put them on their legs or shoulder armor or something. I always thought name tags on bases look silly and take attention away from the awesomness of the mini.

One thing though, please don't do name scrolls on bases. Put them on their legs or shoulder armor or something. I always thought name tags on bases look silly and take attention away from the awesomness of the mini.

hehe :D sorry but i saw them on an other truescale pre heresy army (apologist, on warseer) and love them, so il certainly be doing them at some point

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I know it's a bit late but after going through all 19 pages of this thread I just had to say something. This is without a doubt one of the most impressive, if not THE most impressive, set of conversions I've ever seen. Though I know next to nothing about true-scale I can say just by looking at your minis that THIS is what it's all about. You bring the World Eaters to life in a way I haven't seen before and each mini oozes character and individuality. I particularly love the Terminator Sergeant and Chaplain, and I think the Lion head adds so much to that character. Though I feel like I lack the modeling skill to really criticize or appraise your work in any sort of way, I must admit that I disagree only on the proportions of the arms. I can understand the heads being small in comparison to the body (growth implants for muscular and bone wouldn't really affect that much) I have to believe that the arms would be at least proportionately as massive as the legs, as a marine is a towering brute who uses his enormously muscular arms to power a chainaxe swing, a powerfist uppercut or even simply raising and firing a stormbolter. Again that is just my opinion, and frankly that is my one "criticism" of these beauties if you can even call it true criticism. Again beautiful and inspiring work sir and I hope someday to rival it with my own ;).

P.S. I would love to see one of your huge Terminator beasts swinging a powerfist if such a modeling idea was in the cards!

Again that is just my opinion, and frankly that is my one "criticism" of these beauties if you can even call it true criticism. Again beautiful and inspiring work sir and I hope someday to rival it with my own :whistling:.

P.S. I would love to see one of your huge Terminator beasts swinging a powerfist if such a modeling idea was in the cards!

nothing wrong with constructive criticism :woot: and i do get what you mean about the arms, but i have an unhealthy love for some of the more extreme of contemporary marine artwork (usually paul dainton) which depicts them with proportionately small heads (as you said, my conclusion is the ossmodulla implant primarily increases body and limp bone size) and arms.

AMAZING! nuff said'

I love all of your tactical marine models, but the terminator models just look silly. They look obese, feet less, and rather static poses. Your first squad of marines are BEAUTIFUL just by how they're composed and painted, but the terminators just don't make the cut compared to them.

The terminators also need a little more detail on them and longer arms, as well. You increased the height of the models by a lot, while you may have increased the length of the arms a little, they need to be longer. Re-sculpting the arms would seem like the easiest alternative in this situation, but I know how it is. Painted and built models are happy models. :P

Also, the chain pole-arms don't do it for me. Like I said in another thread, it reminds me of those little saws you use to cut down high branches in trees.

Fantastic models. Hope this helps.

I love all of your tactical marine models, but the terminator models just look silly. They look obese, feet less, and rather static poses. Your first squad of marines are BEAUTIFUL just by how they're composed and painted, but the terminators just don't make the cut compared to them.

:) fair enough. though i feel as though i do hae to defend myself on a few counts:

The terminators also need a little more detail on them and longer arms, as well. You increased the height of the models by a lot

true, but the only size increase if above the head and a slightly thicker (1mm) sole on the foot. everything else between that and the head is the same height as a normal marine. as such when a marine removes his power armour and puts on terminator armour his arms dont suddenly grow :P in fact as you said, while the legs are the same size i even increased the arms by an almost negligible 1mm to try and compenate for that. having said that, they do look short, but as ive said before more than once ive based them off my fave terminator/marine artwork which depicts them with small arms and long legs (i wont bother comparing their anatiomy to a normal humans as they arent normal humans). as always, personal tastes differ; i cant fault you on that.

Also, the chain pole-arms don't do it for me. Like I said in another thread, it reminds me of those little saws you use to cut down high branches in trees.

im forced to agree here! while i dont think theres anythign wrong with the shape of the blade (apart from the Gs part i added which was unnecesary) they do look incomplete, and lack further detail to the hafts and perhaps even some piping like the thunder hammers have. though i 'justified' that by telling myself theyll be covered in gore when finished so didnt bother. perhaps it was for the worst

hehe :) sorry but i saw them on an other truescale pre heresy army (apologist, on warseer) and love them, so il certainly be doing them at some point

I know that army, apologist's work is just as awesome as yours, but I think the same about his nameplates as well.

I'm sorry that I keep pressing this but it's just something that irks me without end.

What do these nameplates add character-wise? Nothing. Unless you have a special story for every single one of your marines, why do they need a name anyway? You won't be crying out their names in agony every time one is hit.

What do they add modelling/painting-wise? Nothing. A base is just that. A base to display your miniature. A lot of work can go into its decoration, but why put a nametag on it? Look at winning GD-entries. They usually have a nametag, but it's on the socket, not on the rim of the base itself. You want people looking at your mini, not at the name on its base.

And if you do have a backstory for every one of your minis, a modeller/painter with your skill could easily pull off a nametag or scroll ON the Marine/Terminator. That would actually add something TO the mini.

Many less experienced hobbyists use the nametags to add character to their mini because they are not able to do this through painting/modelling. You just don't have to do this.

Okay, nerd-rage over. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see more, however slow the progress :P

Cheers,

Peter

lol! well many military scale modellers include name plates and titles on their plinths/bases (as i do when i paint historical display models) and as im using the round-lipped bsses which look more like display bases i thought id do the same. not that i have though so you can still convicne me!

hmm not making many friends on here am i? :)

lol! well many military scale modellers include name plates and titles on their plinths/bases (as i do when i paint historical display models) and as im using the round-lipped bsses which look more like display bases i thought id do the same. not that i have though so you can still convicne me!

hmm not making many friends on here am i? :)

Sadly, I am kinda out of arguments for the moment XD. If you want to do that nameplate-thing, there's really not much I can do.

And on the contrary, you're making lots of friends here. The fact that people care enough to invest time on constructive criticism does you and your minis credit.

thanks, yeah! well this is the B&C so i cant think of a better place for die hard marine fans to give C&C on my models. i got quite a few ideas form people on forums (here included) so i guess once i post them it becomes a team-effort, so to speak (god that sounds cheesy!)

thanks, yeah! well this is the B&C so i cant think of a better place for die hard marine fans to give C&C on my models. i got quite a few ideas form people on forums (here included) so i guess once i post them it becomes a team-effort, so to speak (god that sounds cheesy!)

Go team!

They look amazing boss! I love the fact that your terminators could knee the normal marine in the face without jumping. Great work, I always look forward to your awesome custom jobs!

True the arm is large but if you take this example here:

Concepts

Based on how the body would change due to the implants its very feasable to have muscles in the biceps that are massive.

That site is terrible.

people who look at it please ignore it.

First off, why to space marines now look like apes!!!

Second their armour isn't paper thin. The drawings sho the size of a marine out of armour to be only milimeters smaller than the suit.

This is rediculous. And the states that a marine once fully grown does grow any more. Their body is force grown and changed to suit needs and then all vertical and horizontal growth is all but stopped. There is the chance of them gaining and losing muscle mass, but not height.

This is due to marines being needed to be about the same height all their life, how else would they fit into the power armour they are given if every 200 years they grew a foot. at that rate of growth chapter master dante of the blood angles would be 12foot tall.

Stupid site.

And on the synapse postings. They are all very very cool. i really love them, my only beef is the anatomy.

Their arms should be roughly half the size of their legs width wise.

But other than that. I use normal marine arms, for this pattern of true scale they would need to be lengthened and thickened a little.

im actually a pretty big fan of that site and have spoken to its creator on a number of occasions, and i think he has a lot of cool ideas. keep in mind this is his vision of 40k, rather than GW's vision, so he has changed some things. he is responsible for quite a few BL covers, many including marines, which are digital models taken from those marines in that site. so the BL doesnt seem to mind them B)

• 1 month later...

I like criticism, when it is specific.

The short answer is that it fits with the template provided by GW. I explain why the marine looks the way it does, and the compromises to uphold the image, on the site.

Second their armour isn't paper thin. The drawings sho the size of a marine out of armour to be only milimeters smaller than the suit.

It's not paper thin, though some area are thinner than others. I imagine the main areas like the shoulders are 4", that more than most APC/IFV. On the hips, it's thinner; I personally would make it thicker, or put Faulds over that area, but it would not fit the template.

This is rediculous. And the states that a marine once fully grown does grow any more. Their body is force grown and changed to suit needs and then all vertical and horizontal growth is all but stopped. There is the chance of them gaining and losing muscle mass, but not height.

This is due to marines being needed to be about the same height all their life, how else would they fit into the power armour they are given if every 200 years they grew a foot. at that rate of growth chapter master dante of the blood angles would be 12foot tall.

Obviously this is not the case, as made clear on my site and the diagram showing the levelling off in their growth rate.

Please bear in mind that it is a fan-fic site where I try and explain 40K technology will upholding the image of 40K. I am always looking for ways to improve it, and if you have some ideas I am always willing to listen.

I like chatting to fans, and apparently my site inspired Doghouse (the original true scaler), and we both inspired synapse, and now there are many true scalers. I have chatted to both, and think their work is wonderful, and am very happy to my site had this affect.

I am currently collaborating with Doghouse over of Troll Forged Miniatures - he may be having a crack at my AFG. I want to get synapse producing over there too.

Philip

I like criticism, when it is specific.

The short answer is that it fits with the template provided by GW. I explain why the marine looks the way it does, and the compromises to uphold the image, on the site.

It's not paper thin, though some area are thinner than others. I imagine the main areas like the shoulders are 4", that more than most APC/IFV. On the hips, it's thinner; I personally would make it thicker, or put Faulds over that area, but it would not fit the template.

Obviously this is not the case, as made clear on my site and the diagram showing the levelling off in their growth rate.

Please bear in mind that it is a fan-fic site where I try and explain 40K technology will upholding the image of 40K. I am always looking for ways to improve it, and if you have some ideas I am always willing to listen.

I like chatting to fans, and apparently my site inspired Doghouse (the original true scaler), and we both inspired synapse, and now there are many true scalers. I have chatted to both, and think their work is wonderful, and am very happy to my site had this affect.

I am currently collaborating with Doghouse over of Troll Forged Miniatures - he may be having a crack at my AFG. I want to get synapse producing over there too.

Philip

The whole explanations are silly.

There is nothing that states that marines armour has 'growth rings'

nothing in the current fluff even hints at this.

Quite the opposite actaully.

Passanius is a character in a ultramatines novel

He was a huge teenager. when he was a fully grown astartes he had to have scraps of terminator armour.

Because the normal armour would not fit. That means that it does not expand as you claim.

The fluff quite simply states that marines come in many shapes and sizes.

However it does not state that they are compleatly out of normal human proportions.

If anything their gene enhancing would promote proportionality and uniformity.

Case in point.

The iron snakes book, brotherhood of the snake.

A human female comments on the marines size and facial structure being identicle.

The comparisons you make to how fast apes can move is silly.

4 legged creatures move faster than any equivilent 2 legged creature for the most past.

So for instance. Put yourself at a fast jog spead. In good health you are more likely to be able to out distance a primate moving at the same speed.

Case in point. Many africal tribes who hunt antilope for meat do so by running the animal into exhaustion.

Killing it after is has no energy to run or defend itself.

I cant even be bothered to rais other points.

Needless to say in not impressed or inspired by the anatomy section of the site.

I will however commend you on ther sections.

Most noted is the chapter colour schemes.

Archived