Musk's never ending CSM army

Muskie

• 2 months later...

I finished painting some Nurgle demons and a couple other models. Here are some pics with more pics and rambles on my miniature painting blog.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4074/4772062127_ff3af8c2b1.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4136/4772219627_7b3dcc22e0.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4117/4772211331_f164709ea9.jpg

Back when I bought the Plaguebearers you had to buy an entire box, which annoyed me. I just wanted to paint one or two. Now it is like six or seven years later and I've almost finished painting the dozen or so that came in the box. The last rust wash wasn't dry, when I get back to Vancouver I plan to go over the models again and the swords should look better.

The Nurglings I collected for a GT Army idea I had. I spaced them out to about 4 or 5 to a base and put extra stuff on the base, but I can no longer use Nurglings with my Chaos Space Marines, so I mainly use the little guys to test colors and techniques.

Nice plaguebearers, I especially like the rusty weapons :D

I used pigment in with my washes. I think that is the key to getting a vibrant realistic looking rust. The wash was still a bit wet, I think it'll look better when I get back to Vancouver...

• 2 weeks later...

I finished my test model for my eventual Imperial Armour Volume 7 Servants of Decay army. I don't know if there was ever an official ruling on whether you could post pictures of models for that army on the B&C. I'm not really worried about it. You can see the finished model on my blog.

I'll be painting more daemons and power armoured bad guys soon so I'll be putting up some in-line pictures again soon. Oh the model has rusty weapons and sickly blue skin which will be part of the theme pulling the army together...

So as mentioned elsewhere, I'm painting three more plaguebearers so I'll have a horde of 40 to try out on Sunday. That is the day the local gaming store's Warhammer Fantasy Battle 8th edition campaign starts.

I worked on them quite a lot last night and some more today, two of them have their flesh basically done. The third I'll start on after I do the rusted weapons on all three.

As per usual these days you can follow along on my blog.

Someday hopefully all my plaguebearers can fight alongside all my plaguemarines. Of course I could always try playing apocolypse...

I like the look of those using Knarloc Green - I might have to try playing around with that color a bit on some of the Plaguebearers I've got and would ideally use as "generic demons" if ever so inclined. (Bought a set of the old metal ones off someone and have mostly used them as color tests thus far.)

I find Knarloc's a color that really highlights up well with Bleached Bone added. Another good Foundation paint is Gretchin Green, and the two of those if you color-match them and use 'em together sort of work out very similar to a Catachan Green > Camo Green > Bleached Bone progression - only with much better coverage. (I'll probably use those three colors to finish my Ork starting force, if I ever get around to finishing that eventually - probably after I'm done with my CSM. Har.)

I slept in, but I plan on finishing the models completely. My pot of Knarloc Green is a bit weird, it has like a dried out half... Anyway I think it is a very army green and Gretchin Green is indeed very close to Camo Green so close Camo Green is getting retired some. I use Gretchin Green in my sandbag painting...

I've taken a break from terrain, and even a break from 40K to get 1500 points of Nurgle daemons on the field, but ultimately I hope to try Apocolypse or some future Nurgle Codex and use all my models together, I'm starting to get quite the large collection now that my stripping and repainting is basically done.

I'm going to need another Ikea model case in a while.

I finished the three plaguebearers off this afternoon. They came out pretty good, probably the best models I've painted in a while, as I'm unemployed so I wasn't really rushed. That said I painted them in like three or four nights. It has been hot so painting at night was the only option for a while. Here is the champion of the squad:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4118/4819333411_144bd02ea3_b.jpg

I plan to rank them up in a Horde of 40 and use them in Warhammer Fantasy Battle this weekend, you can read all about the painting on my blog.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm painting some servants of Khorne a 2nd test Bezerker and a purple OOP Bloodletter. They are just getting going, but I updated my miniature painting blog for the first time in a week or so with some fresh minis and pictures.

I'm painting some servants of Khorne a 2nd test Bezerker and a purple OOP Bloodletter. They are just getting going, but I updated my miniature painting blog for the first time in a week or so with some fresh minis and pictures.

So after a long dalliance with Daemons and other square based models I'm back painting power armour. I'm beginning to think no one on the B&C cares though. Maybe I should create a thread every time I half assemble a model. Instead I try to be a little more professional creating a post with pictures, links, spell checked, tagged etc...

I don't want to re-type everything or cross-post pictures all over the place, but it seems this thread is just me, myself, and I to quote De La Soul.

I could try posting in Hall of Honour I finish a lot of models unlike a lot of people, but instead I keep posting updates in this thread.

Here is my most recent power armor models, which I need to finish quickly to use them at Astronomi-con Vancouver.

Flickr has changed their UI possibly making it easier to post photos to forums that support BBCode and still not violate their usage license. Here are some of the models I've painted...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2614/3876486620_f50f26ab5f.jpg

Painted Miniatures by Muskie McKay, on Flickr

There is actually 1000's of points of Chaos Space Marines missing in this photo and who knows what else I've painted in the last year or two. I really should take a new photo like this, but it is best to wait until after the upcoming 40K tournament. I also have things like my Blood Bowl team and space ship fleets that have never had room to display in the three cases...

Man Muskie...I feel you. With the posts and all, you have no one :(

Your stuff is great, but maybe you're right, you should post a new thread for every squad or something.

I'm in the same boat... :P

Your stuff looks great, just keep posting, and eventually...eventually people will come by.

• 2 weeks later...

I've actually painted a lot of models and typed up many blog posts since I updated this thread. It just doesn't seem to be worth it. I also went to one of the most popular 40K tournaments in the Pacific Northwest and finished in the middle of the pack, but I came third for the Best Appearance trophy, maybe next year I can do better. I'm not so sure.

I've just painted fresh campaign badges on the models that were in my 2010 Astronomi-con Vancouver army and post pictures to Flickr and my blog.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4099/4925193385_9723e0bbfc.jpg

Favourite Rhino by Muskie McKay, on Flickr

Well done on that one, good job :) .

Actually seeing the picture on the Internet in the morning, I got the model out of the case and put a black outline around the red diamond. I probably should have done that step on some of the other badges too. Oh well before I enter the army into any sort of competition again, hopefully I have time to go over every model and do any little touchups I deem necessary. Blowing the miniatures up to 500 or 1000+ pixels wide always reveals little flaws that totally aren't visible on the table top in normal light for the most part.

Ah I can add words to the browser dictionary, I don't see why touchup isn't a word...

Archived