=][= ASSAULT ON BLACK REACH PAINTING COMP =][=

Just finished my terminator this weekend.

I'm really new to this hobby so I hope I 've done alright. The terminator was my first miniature ever... Been painting WWII models for 2 years. I have no illusions of winning anything but I just want to see my model amongst the other entrants so I can compare and learn from it.

Now all I need is a good digital camera...

Good luck to you all

So, my weekend got hosed, and I had no time to paint. I can probably still get it done, but it'll be down to the wire.

I looked through the first post, and scrolled through all the messages in this topic, but did not see any reference to which time zone is being used for the deadline. I'd like to know what it is, as I don't want to spend all day tomorrow painting, only to be DQ'd because by 11:48pm central time submission gets delivered at 12:48am in the time zone the submission address is in.

is that 42 entries B+C & Da Waaagh! combined, or 42 B+C entries?

42 B&C, Waaagh had 28 last I saw.

So, my weekend got hosed, and I had no time to paint. I can probably still get it done, but it'll be down to the wire.

I looked through the first post, and scrolled through all the messages in this topic, but did not see any reference to which time zone is being used for the deadline. I'd like to know what it is, as I don't want to spend all day tomorrow painting, only to be DQ'd because by 11:48pm central time submission gets delivered at 12:48am in the time zone the submission address is in.

11:59pm your time -- remember your email is time stamped. So if it comes in Oct. 1 you are out.

I amy have missed it entirely, (lack of sleep makes rules reading confusing) - I've entered the terminator, can I now join Da Waagh and enter the Nob aswell? or is it one model per person total?

http://www.duckblindminiatures.com/images/funstuff/mackarel.jpg

After severe re-encouragement by the mackeral (of doom! :ph34r: ) - I have found the big letters on rule 4 - Apologies Kurgan.

Your mackeral may be more effective than the Iron Priests teaching machines at the Fang! (But if they ask, I didnt say that)

Hopefully the powers that be got my entry... I sent the e-mail a few days ago. I think there were only about 18 entries total at the time, though :)

With all the painting deadlines converging as usual for me, I was glad to get something in without fighting for every last available second :D

Of course, the other projects that I had to delay to do this fig are now at that stage.....

GRRRR.... Tried to take pictures last night but this is the first time for me and my pics came out all blurred. I don't have the right camera for the job so it seems I've got untill the end of the day to find a good camera I can borrow... The race is on!

I'm hooked by painting these little fella's so much that I'm going to the shop to get some more figures and paint... :D

After a frenzied rush my terminator is close to completion, but if I can finish all the fiddly details and the base AND do the traditional photography rityal of getting the camera out and find it needs charging, rush round in a panic... then it has a better than evens chance of arriving before midnight when it turns into a pumpkin.

At least it got me painting, which can't be a bad thing.

Good luck to everyone who like me are madly rushing to finish. :)

I just submitted my entry, hopefully I didnt break too many rules, I really don´t fancy a mackarel smacking :D

Having just joined up, this was a fun excuse to fit in a bit of painting. Looking forward to seeing all the entries.

Edit: Mackarel- smacked! Darned :( I am editing new pictures now, after a small modification..

Hopefully the powers that be got my entry... I sent the e-mail a few days ago. I think there were only about 18 entries total at the time, though ;)

With all the painting deadlines converging as usual for me, I was glad to get something in without fighting for every last available second ;)

Of course, the other projects that I had to delay to do this fig are now at that stage.....

I've emailed anyone who has sent in a Terminator (except for within the last 12 hours or so). If you sent in an Ork it was forwarded on to Kaptain Krum from Da Waagh as he is handling the Ork side of things.

So if you sent a terminator and haven't gotten "Entry received. Good luck." in reply then you should probably resend your pics.

42+ Entries so far? That's great to hear... does that make this the largest turn out contest the B&C has ever hosted?

I'll be finishing mine tonight when I get home from work.

Out of curiosity.. is battle damage considered a conversion in this case? ie: Cutting gouges into the model? The reason I ask is I had a bit of a mishap drilling bolter barrels in which the drill bit kinda came out the side and tore up half the bolter.. I tried fixing it with no luck so I had two choices... paint it like battle damage.. or go with a sawn-off storm bolter.. I figured the latter would be considered too much of a conversion though.

Well since I haven't gotten a response and no one has told me anything I reserve the right to re-send after the deadline since it's done (with a few touch ups, look at my warseer log (Touch ups not included!). PLZ RESPOND!

Edit: Okay, I know that sounded like I said it after the deadline...but I didn't.

Archived